Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

filter system to reduce numbers

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 8 years ago by GetdaLotto.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Alexandria, Virginia
United States
Member #57435
January 4, 2008
61 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2008, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

I read the post that explains a way of reducing numbers to be played that was:

If you use just the Single numbers each draw you can end up with only 527 numbers to look at.

Most of the time digits do not repeat on top of them-self ! 

For example ....  say the draw today was 123 in that order.

If we filter out all the numbers that contain digit 1 in first position.....2 in 2nd position and ......3 in the 3rd position then it leaves us with only 527 straight numbers to consider instead of 1000 or 720 if we don't use doubles.

Now can anybody help me with a filter system that can do the work easily.  A filter system that can filter out the numbers.  any help will be apreciated.  THanks

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
    United States
    Member #4924
    June 3, 2004
    5896 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2008, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

I read the post that explains a way of reducing numbers to be played that was:

If you use just the Single numbers each draw you can end up with only 527 numbers to look at.

Most of the time digits do not repeat on top of them-self ! 

For example ....  say the draw today was 123 in that order.

If we filter out all the numbers that contain digit 1 in first position.....2 in 2nd position and ......3 in the 3rd position then it leaves us with only 527 straight numbers to consider instead of 1000 or 720 if we don't use doubles.

Now can anybody help me with a filter system that can do the work easily.  A filter system that can filter out the numbers.  any help will be apreciated.  THanks

Read this thread , there's a link for downloading a tool that just might work.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/179167/2

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2008, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

You can reduce those 527  numbers down to 81.

Using your example of eliminating 123 from the list, we would end up with the following:

For 9 bucks, you will have a 1 in 81 chance of winning straight if you get the last 2 numbers correct in that order. First make a list vertically from 0-9, without the number 1 in the first position:

Then just add the next 2 numbers you think will come out in the second and third positions. Let's say I think the numbers 38 will come out. Remember to leave out 2 and 3 in the last 2 positions:

If we assume that 1,2,and 3 will not repeat in their respective positions, then the first column which has 0-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9, will have one of those numbers come out, so we don't count it in our computation.

We now only have to contend with the second and third positions which have 9 numbers each. 9x9=81.

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2008, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

If you took another digit, say 9 in the second position, and removed all the combinations that contained that 9 in that position, how many combinations would you have remaining?

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2008, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

If you took another digit, say 9 in the second position, and removed all the combinations that contained that 9 in that position, how many combinations would you have remaining?

So that would be 2 numbers taken out in the second position leaving you only with eight combos left. It just keeps getting better...lol

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2008, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

The answer would be...now....8X9=72

One in seventy-two. I hope that helped..lol

joplin
              United States
              Member #45299
              August 17, 2006
              151 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2008, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

What if you were to eliminate the last 6 months of singles, since they seldom repeat, wouldn't that

cut the odds even more?

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2008, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

What if you were to eliminate the last 6 months of singles, since they seldom repeat, wouldn't that

cut the odds even more?

Yes, it would reduce the odds that much more. Have fun !.....LOL

Just joking....

There is a plethora of filters available, but too many might block out the needeed number or desired outcome, thus negating any beneficial qualities. Discernment is key.

Alexandria, Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #57435
                  January 4, 2008
                  61 Posts
                  Posted: August 14, 2008, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Hey carbob, thanks for posting.  I did browse through but I did not see a link for downloading a tool that could help.  I did not see anything to download anywhere.  It contains lots of useful information but nothing to download.  It talks about free positional wheel to creat numbers but I do not know where to get it.  So please a little more help will be very kind.  thankx amillion

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #4924
                    June 3, 2004
                    5896 Posts
                    Posted: August 14, 2008, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Hey carbob, thanks for posting.  I did browse through but I did not see a link for downloading a tool that could help.  I did not see anything to download anywhere.  It contains lots of useful information but nothing to download.  It talks about free positional wheel to creat numbers but I do not know where to get it.  So please a little more help will be very kind.  thankx amillion

On page 1 of that thread, click the image!!!!

Alexandria, Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #57435
                      January 4, 2008
                      61 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2008, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Thanks a gazillion!!  Yes I got.  I was actualy looking at first page all that time.  Did not look at the previous page.  Thanks for all the help.  Yu Roc.Guitar