Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Update to Deflate 3 coming

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 8 years ago by hennybogan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23346 Posts
Posted: August 14, 2008, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

I've made some updates to Deflate 3, and I'm going to try to get it installed shortly.

I'm just doing some testing now to make sure (the best I can) that I didn't impact anything else with the changes.

Here's a partial list of the changes:

• Improved the number parser, so you can throw just about any set of numbers at it, with any kind of spaces, separator characters, line breaks, letters, etc., and it will sort out the number combos pretty well.  Should be better for copy & paste, without needing to clean it up after pasting.
  • Added another number-adding method.  Currently, you can (a) Deflate the list of numbers you enter, and (b) Deflate all the possible box combinations minus the numbers you enter.  The new method Deflates all the possible straight combinations minus the numbers you enter.
  • Added new positional filters, allowing you to specify what digits are allowed to appear in each of the three positions.  For example, you can specify that the second (middle) position must be either 2, 4, or 5.
  • Added a new total at the top that provides the total number of straight combinations produced (instead of just box combos).
  • Updated and improved the instructions to be a little more complete and be visually easier to read.
  • And, while I was at it, improved performance.  (But it was already pretty fast, so 'm not sure how noticeable it will be.)

As you can probably tell, the changes are aimed mainly at those looking to work with straight combinations, although the new stuff can be used in any scenario.

I'll post on this thread again when it is ready to go.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

dumars798's avatar - batman17
    Atlanta
    United States
    Member #28656
    December 20, 2005
    5675 Posts
    Posted: August 14, 2008, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd!

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: August 14, 2008, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Looking forward to something like this for a long time !  Thank you for this new tool...

The positional feature for straights is great.  Perhaps ...while the cement is still not dry ...I'll mention something that may be of real help to straight plays.

When you input the last draws digits say 5,,6,,7  ....... and filter those digits out of those respective 1,2,3rd, positions we are in effect cutting out 271 straights right ?....because most of the time digits don't repeat on top of themselves. Good.

So ....at that point we have filtered down to only 729 straights ........ but the real nice feature ....and the reason I'm bringing it up now instead of afterwords is this:  If, it's not already an option filter.   

We need to have another window(or filter) that allows us to put the numbers or digits BACK into the mix again ....but only numbers that have a digit 5,6, or 7 digit in them.     

In other words .... a window that says ..."create only numbers " that have a digit 5,,6,,or 7 in them etc.. in any position except for positions 1,2, or 3     That's because we all know that most times at least one digit repeats each day ....most of the time.... ONLY not in the same position.  By having the OPTION FILTER  that excludes all numbers ....except for certain digits (the last draw) ..... That would take the straights down from 729 all the way down to only ....  386 straights.   Big help there .

First filter .... positional 1,2,3   leaves 729 straights

Second filter ... creating only numbers with certain digits filter ..... subtracts an additional 343 str. numbers for us.  Remaining straights of only ......386

* if that's possible at this point ..then perhaps a second window filter that says "create only numbers that DON'T  have one of these digits in them" could be optioned in .   

Throw in a couple of 50/50 filters .. 

(which I'm sure are already there) .... and we will really be cooking with just a few serious straights each day ! 

Thanks for any consideration along those lines if it's not too late or too... much of a thing at this point. Thanks for the efforts . Looking forward to it very much .   

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23346 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2008, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Looking forward to something like this for a long time !  Thank you for this new tool...

The positional feature for straights is great.  Perhaps ...while the cement is still not dry ...I'll mention something that may be of real help to straight plays.

When you input the last draws digits say 5,,6,,7  ....... and filter those digits out of those respective 1,2,3rd, positions we are in effect cutting out 271 straights right ?....because most of the time digits don't repeat on top of themselves. Good.

So ....at that point we have filtered down to only 729 straights ........ but the real nice feature ....and the reason I'm bringing it up now instead of afterwords is this:  If, it's not already an option filter.   

We need to have another window(or filter) that allows us to put the numbers or digits BACK into the mix again ....but only numbers that have a digit 5,6, or 7 digit in them.     

In other words .... a window that says ..."create only numbers " that have a digit 5,,6,,or 7 in them etc.. in any position except for positions 1,2, or 3     That's because we all know that most times at least one digit repeats each day ....most of the time.... ONLY not in the same position.  By having the OPTION FILTER  that excludes all numbers ....except for certain digits (the last draw) ..... That would take the straights down from 729 all the way down to only ....  386 straights.   Big help there .

First filter .... positional 1,2,3   leaves 729 straights

Second filter ... creating only numbers with certain digits filter ..... subtracts an additional 343 str. numbers for us.  Remaining straights of only ......386

* if that's possible at this point ..then perhaps a second window filter that says "create only numbers that DON'T  have one of these digits in them" could be optioned in .   

Throw in a couple of 50/50 filters .. 

(which I'm sure are already there) .... and we will really be cooking with just a few serious straights each day ! 

Thanks for any consideration along those lines if it's not too late or too... much of a thing at this point. Thanks for the efforts . Looking forward to it very much .   

Both things are already in the new Deflate version.  My second bullet deals with the main point of your post, which is to subtract numbers, starting from the full set.

Simply select the new option (all straights minus the numbers you enter), and then don't enter any numbers.  So it starts with all straights.  Then just checkmark the digts you want in the positions you want.

Presto!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

USA
          United States
          Member #58396
          February 13, 2008
          313 Posts
          Posted: August 15, 2008, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd. Appreciate all the work you do!!!!   Cheers

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: August 15, 2008, 4:11 am - IP Logged

........can we also get an order of fries.... and a flux capacitor to go with that ??  Thanks ...  LOL  

flux capacitor

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

hot mama's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
              long, island
              Bahamas
              Member #62181
              June 20, 2008
              3681 Posts
              Posted: August 15, 2008, 4:46 am - IP Logged

I've made some updates to Deflate 3, and I'm going to try to get it installed shortly.

I'm just doing some testing now to make sure (the best I can) that I didn't impact anything else with the changes.

Here's a partial list of the changes:

• Improved the number parser, so you can throw just about any set of numbers at it, with any kind of spaces, separator characters, line breaks, letters, etc., and it will sort out the number combos pretty well.  Should be better for copy & paste, without needing to clean it up after pasting.
              • Added another number-adding method.  Currently, you can (a) Deflate the list of numbers you enter, and (b) Deflate all the possible box combinations minus the numbers you enter.  The new method Deflates all the possible straight combinations minus the numbers you enter.
              • Added new positional filters, allowing you to specify what digits are allowed to appear in each of the three positions.  For example, you can specify that the second (middle) position must be either 2, 4, or 5.
              • Added a new total at the top that provides the total number of straight combinations produced (instead of just box combos).
              • Updated and improved the instructions to be a little more complete and be visually easier to read.
              • And, while I was at it, improved performance.  (But it was already pretty fast, so 'm not sure how noticeable it will be.)

As you can probably tell, the changes are aimed mainly at those looking to work with straight combinations, although the new stuff can be used in any scenario.

I'll post on this thread again when it is ready to go.

looking forward to it that would be great

hennybogan's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                McKinney/Texas
                United States
                Member #47363
                November 1, 2006
                706 Posts
                Posted: August 15, 2008, 4:47 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd. You are better than a great bottle of red wine. You just keep getting better.

Ephesians 3:20