Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Losing interest in lottery

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 8 years ago by colthmn.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: August 15, 2008, 3:44 am - IP Logged

I wasn't really a lottery player at all. The only reason I became obsessed with lottery was an excruciating existential crisit I started having in the beginning of 2005. I started playing the lottery after I had a dream that told me I would win the lottery. It was August 2005. I became an avid lottery player. Guess what, it was unhealthy because I was going through unbearable pain and the only exit for me was to win a jackpot so that I could be compensated for the pain I had to endure.

The pain costed me a suicidal attempt and a full year of school time. I failed an entire semester miserably and it delayed my academic progress. The only place I could work was my parents' clothing store in the middle of a black ghetto. I was in no shape to work at any other place.

After my suicide attempt in early 2007, my psychosomatic pain was gone. But my bitterness and sadness remained. I could go to school, but I wasn't motivated to do a damn thing. I still wanted to win a lottery because my motivation was completely drained and I couldn't see any bright future.

And the work at my parents' clothing store has been unpleasant. I can't function well without the help of medication. Without the medication, I fall into a deep despair. The meds keep me fuctioning and make me positive during the daytime, but the effect wanes when sun goes down. I feel OK during the daytime, but I don't feel that well at night.

Now I have only three classes and a mandatory internship before graduation. I decided to find another job. I planned my future plan for next 12 months. Then I started losing my interest in lottery.

Actually, I only think about lottery whenever I don't feel that well. If I have a steady career and everything else, I wouldn't give a damn about lottery. The only reason I cling to lottery is despair. That's it.

sfilippo's avatar - skull
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #33770
    February 24, 2006
    3146 Posts
    Posted: August 15, 2008, 5:41 am - IP Logged

I remember your previous posts. I'll just be very honest with you... the void you're feeling can only be satified with one thing.

Hoping for something in and of it's self can be a nice distraction for awhile, but when the time comes for that hope to materialize and it doesn't, the side-effects can expand the void further.

I find that dreams are good for one of three things - to help us,  to harm us, or to confuse us.

Please stay focused on your schooling for the time being. Just get over that hurdle for now. The reward for completing your education is waiting for you. Hope for that.

May God Bless you and keep you safe!!! 

Smiley Steve

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19895 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2008, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

When ever you play the lotteries thinking your destiny is to win a jackpot because you've had a dream, used a system that guarantee a win or just believe you deserve to win more than anyone else then losing is going to be very disappointing and depressing.  The facts are lots more people think that way then there are jackpots won.  You have to treat playing the lotteries like any other form of gambling.  When you lose interest stop playing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
        Clarksville
        United States
        Member #487
        July 15, 2002
        17638 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2008, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

You seem as though you are sufferening from some form of depression.  If your meds don't do anything for you after dark, go back and see your primary care physician and tell them what is going on with you.  The lottery has nothing to do with what you are going through.  It is just something that your focused on because you were in dispair.  Please go back to the doctor and if one doctor doesn't work..get another!!  Depression is no laughing matter and it is very real.  Also, tell them about the pain that you have or had..something physical may be going on.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4054 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2008, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

You seem as though you are sufferening from some form of depression.  If your meds don't do anything for you after dark, go back and see your primary care physician and tell them what is going on with you.  The lottery has nothing to do with what you are going through.  It is just something that your focused on because you were in dispair.  Please go back to the doctor and if one doctor doesn't work..get another!!  Depression is no laughing matter and it is very real.  Also, tell them about the pain that you have or had..something physical may be going on.

Best advice.

takeemtothebank

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5142 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2008, 12:05 am - IP Logged

AMBELAMB>>>>>>>>>>>White BounceWhite Bounce$$$$$$$$$$$$$White BounceWhite Bounce

STIXXXXXXXX with D SHEEP on LP$$

$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>and a DREAM may B-U-R >>>>>JACKPOT$$$

PSYKOMO$$>>>>>>>>>>>>HOPE'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>$$$OOO$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8392 Posts
              Posted: August 17, 2008, 12:41 am - IP Logged

ambelamba take a tip from psyko bable ang go completly bonkers then you can excape form the looney bin.... start talking like he does... or did  

the lottery isn't a place to escape when you are depressed.

sometimes you need to take a break from it.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: August 17, 2008, 12:55 am - IP Logged

If anything, playing the lottery while depressed would just make you more depressed, unless you win which isn't likely.

You can't predict random.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2008, 1:29 am - IP Logged

AMBERUMBRELLA[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Smash  Smash  &&&&&&&&&&&&&&  Smash   Smash

STONESSSSSSSSS what R UGOS  for  CT$$

$$$$$$$$$<<<<<<<<<and cream colered  P-A-N-T-S ?????Crackpot????

OLO

PACAMO

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: August 17, 2008, 1:34 am - IP Logged

Last week my neighbor set his house on fire by pouring a can of gasoline around his wife while she was watching TV and then dropping a match on the floor.  I was told he was on some kind of new medication.  Nice couple too. 

Best way to deal with depression is to find out what is troubling you and work through it.  Sometimes a major change in diet is required. 

What I'm trying to say is that the pharmaceutical industry is poisoning us.  Half the kids in grammar school are on some kind of drug. (If they act out, give 'em Ritalin.) I can't even begin to count all the people I know on some kind of anti-depressant.  I found that chocolate cookies work just as well.  I've been diagnosed with everything from Bipolar Disorder, Adult ADD, OCD and Depression.  Nobody ever says "You're just human like everyone else. Life's a b**ch."

Since I don't know you, it would be irresponsible to suggest you change any routine or tell you to seek help from spiritual guidance instead of medical doctors.  But blocking out your inner voice instead of listening to what it's trying to tell you will never help to change the way you think. 

However, if the lottery creates anxiety in your life, then stop playing it. 

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2008, 1:56 am - IP Logged

Don't rely on the lottery to get you out of a mess. Rely on your own ability.

In my opinion, the lottery, to me, is a luxury and wishful thinking as far as the JP is concerned. The money used gambling must not be grocery money or any other fundamental neccessity money.

It should be play money. Money you could afford to lose.

You have the energy to strap your boots and march forward.

You may give up on the lottery, but don't give up on yourself !!! 

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7341 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2008, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

When ever you play the lotteries thinking your destiny is to win a jackpot because you've had a dream, used a system that guarantee a win or just believe you deserve to win more than anyone else then losing is going to be very disappointing and depressing.  The facts are lots more people think that way then there are jackpots won.  You have to treat playing the lotteries like any other form of gambling.  When you lose interest stop playing.

If I had dream where I won the jackpot and I really believed it would come true, I would only buy one ticket wouldn't need a ticket in each drawing. Now if the dream included me checking hundreds of tickets to find the winner, I'd be more careful of what I eat before going to bed.

United States
                          Member #63537
                          August 1, 2008
                          39 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2008, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

"Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." Carl Jung

There is not one of us that haven’t spent our million dollar Jackpot(s) in one-thousand imaginary ways — on the come — crazy, eh? But then, like Dorothy after Oz, we're back in Kansas on solid ground thinking about duality of opposites, growth thru opposition, and thanking the gods for the learning experience; can't trust the Advertised Life, anyway. Who was it that said the definition of insanity is making the same mistake over-and-over, expecting different out-comes each time?   You're lucky to know there’s an issue — ‘tis opportunity to begin sorting things out. They say we live 20% of life in dream-state, a big chunk of time and space — it must mean something. I have read that humans own two psyches: one for the Conscious Brain, one for the Unconscious (where dreams reside) — that life is sweetest when balance is acquired and maintained at a place between both... sanctuary and refuge. Yes indeed and in fact, we all struggle with falling in the pit from time-to-time, you are not the only one. Your personal fortitude is right-on — the strength to post your thread — courage. Sometimes depression is about loneliness, also. One thing for sure tho: you have had sincere, edifying replies to your thread… luck is running your way. For me, it helps to eat healthy, exercise within limits, take vitamins, get plenty of sleep/rest — sell the TV — read Kurt Vonnegut… And for sure: with the way things are now-a-daze, getting with the doc for a med check and seeking a second opinion from qualified medical people most often helps to isolate the unknown. Good fortune to you and yours.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                            Member #41383
                            June 16, 2006
                            1969 Posts
                            Posted: August 18, 2008, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Last week my neighbor set his house on fire by pouring a can of gasoline around his wife while she was watching TV and then dropping a match on the floor.  I was told he was on some kind of new medication.  Nice couple too. 

Best way to deal with depression is to find out what is troubling you and work through it.  Sometimes a major change in diet is required. 

What I'm trying to say is that the pharmaceutical industry is poisoning us.  Half the kids in grammar school are on some kind of drug. (If they act out, give 'em Ritalin.) I can't even begin to count all the people I know on some kind of anti-depressant.  I found that chocolate cookies work just as well.  I've been diagnosed with everything from Bipolar Disorder, Adult ADD, OCD and Depression.  Nobody ever says "You're just human like everyone else. Life's a b**ch."

Since I don't know you, it would be irresponsible to suggest you change any routine or tell you to seek help from spiritual guidance instead of medical doctors.  But blocking out your inner voice instead of listening to what it's trying to tell you will never help to change the way you think. 

However, if the lottery creates anxiety in your life, then stop playing it. 

You got that right !   

All the Pharms are in cahoots with all Drs. to get us hooked on something... I am 100% convinced of it.

And also by lowering the 'standards' for things such as what is 'High' Cholesterol, or what 'High' Glucose is so they can stick people on diabetic meds when they may not need them.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: August 18, 2008, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Given the side effects and withdrawal symptoms of many of these "cures", it may be better to stay "sick".Oogle

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.