Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto South is back...sort of.

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2008, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Lotto South is back in Georgia, in name only, on a $3 scratch-off. Now, I put this in the general board as this is an interesting development. They are putting the name of a defunct on-line game onto a scratch-off game. Is this some attempt to keep the trademark from going into the public domain (as will happen if you don't use your trademark after a certain time frame)? Or is this a sign of things to come? What do you think?

(insert signature here)

Think's avatar - lightbulb
    Marquette, MI
    United States
    Member #20541
    August 20, 2005
    705 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2008, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Lotto South is back in Georgia, in name only, on a $3 scratch-off. Now, I put this in the general board as this is an interesting development. They are putting the name of a defunct on-line game onto a scratch-off game. Is this some attempt to keep the trademark from going into the public domain (as will happen if you don't use your trademark after a certain time frame)? Or is this a sign of things to come? What do you think?

I don't know but years ago Michigan had a $1 scratch-off ticket called "Lotto" that played like the 6/xx games.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23262 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2008, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Very interesting!  They have even used the original Lotto South logo.  It could be what you mentioned, but it could also be that it is a well-developed brand that they are hoping will be easily recognized by the public, helping the game's popularity.  Lottery fans tend to have a bit of nostalgia for games of old.  Myself, I still kinda miss Lotzee in NJ.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!