Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So I missed winning 3 grand...

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 8 years ago by lottocalgal.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Michigan
United States
Member #59293
March 12, 2008
121 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2008, 4:45 am - IP Logged

on august 16th a number came that i been playing for months..its a popular number, many people play it here in michigan..711..(171 was the drawn number actually)

i was at the gas station in the morning to play it but i decided not i dont know why. I bought a pack of ciggerates and left..woke up at 5 in the afternoon to go to work and saw the number that i dint play on the recent drawn numbers board..I dont know what made me not play the number that i used to play at least 4 5 times a week..i was gonna throw 20 dollers on it..wheel it 5 or 6 times..i couldve won 3 thousand dollers at least.

cautionary tale to always play the number on your mind.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2008, 10:38 am - IP Logged

The Lottery Fairy was waiting for you not to play it, sometimes that's how she displays her sense of humor.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

joola99's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

United States
      Member #54490
      August 20, 2007
      2210 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2008, 10:41 am - IP Logged

The Lottery Fairy was waiting for you not to play it, sometimes that's how she displays her sense of humor.

Bang Head

Does anybody have a picture of this "Lottery Fairy"?

I bet she is very unattractive....LOL

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2008, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

on august 16th a number came that i been playing for months..its a popular number, many people play it here in michigan..711..(171 was the drawn number actually)

i was at the gas station in the morning to play it but i decided not i dont know why. I bought a pack of ciggerates and left..woke up at 5 in the afternoon to go to work and saw the number that i dint play on the recent drawn numbers board..I dont know what made me not play the number that i used to play at least 4 5 times a week..i was gonna throw 20 dollers on it..wheel it 5 or 6 times..i couldve won 3 thousand dollers at least.

I agree. You should play your numbers if you have a feeling about them. I too lost out on a large win because I didn't play a certain set of numbers and the feeling is horrible. Sorry that you missed on a big payout.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2008, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm betting she looks something like this: LOL

Lottery Fairy

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
            philadelphia,PA
            United States
            Member #27080
            November 26, 2005
            507 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2008, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

I know the feeling I have been playing a big 4 for almost the entire year and it finally came out last week when I didn't play it.  Last night I missed the big 4 straight and missed it today for the day lottery.  Who knows why luck run that way. The only thing to do is to play a PET number everyday.

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2008, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Scary, I love that picture you posted!  LOL   

Stephen, have you ever been to "Shuddawuddacudda?"  I pass through there a lot and almost took up permanent residence.   In January I posted about "losing" $58,000 because I didn't play a pick-5 combination.   

However, everything in the universe happens as a result of a previous action.  So if you did play it, maybe it wouldn't have been drawn anyway.  Did you ever read Bradbury?  In "A Sound of Thunder" a time traveler kills a prehistoric butterfly and the future is suddenly altered by this one event.  So if you believe everything is related and one action can have a positive or negative consequence on another, then placing your bet with $20 on that number might have changed the course of a future event, specifically that drawing, and another number might have been picked.

Still, next time go with your gut and you'll have less regret.  Good luck! 

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2008, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Fairy

WTF?

takeemtothebank

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                  Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #416
                  June 23, 2002
                  1614 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2008, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

This has happened to me SO MANY times.  Its a punch in the gut...yeah I hear ya.

Brad

DC81's avatar - batman39
                    MI
                    United States
                    Member #54830
                    August 31, 2007
                    985 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2008, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Just imagine if it had been 30,000, 300,000 or 3,000,000. All I'm saying is that it could've been worse.

You can't predict random.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10351 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2008, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

To those who she has brought a jackpot to, she's gorgeous.

To those who have an experience like Stephen948, she's like the picture ThatScaryChick posted (I was going to say she looks something like The Old Hag, but TSC's pic certainly outdid that!)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

player345's avatar - hani
                        buffalo, new york
                        United States
                        Member #40531
                        June 3, 2006
                        115 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2008, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Steven948,

Don't beat up on yourself too bad.   All of us lottery players have done this atleast once if not more.   I have done the exact same thing as you have; being at the store and thinking about a particular number or my pet number and did not play it!  Bought something else instead.   Got home and watched my number come out on the screen or hear the phone ring right after the lottery numbers came out.  I just knew it was my sister or my niece calling to ask me if I caught my number!!!!  I would answer the phone loud saying 'NO, NO, NO I didn't catch da number!!"   Bash   Sometimes they would believe me and sometimes they wouldn't cause they know I play my numbers by the week.   It would just so happen that I didn't play it for a week that particular time.   Wasn't meant for me or else I wouldn't have deviated from my weekly pattern.   I have missed so many numbers playing them for 7 days and then after 7 days I would sit and toss one of them away.  Well, the one I throw away comes out usually the next week.   I just don't know why that is.   Oh well, there are times when I think I am the only one on God's green earth who messes up!!  I can be given two numbers and will pick the wrong one every time LOL.  Case in point,  check plays for 557 and 657.   I chose the 557 yesterday and 657 fell straight in the evening draw (NY).  I preferred the 126 over the 657.  Same thing with 731.  Liked that number and 126.  Didn't play it and boom there it was!!!  My Dad used to say a jealous man can't work and a scared man can't gamble!!  LOL   I admit I am scary when it comes to gambling, but I hang on in there.   

Hang in there too!! Play the 171 again.  Repeats are very popular this year for some reason.

player345

jmill1948's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          colonial heights
                          United States
                          Member #31712
                          February 2, 2006
                          12264 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2008, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Fairy

Red Devil

when you do it do it right the first time...........

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            CA
                            United States
                            Member #57222
                            December 23, 2007
                            587 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2008, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Fairy

Oh yeah,  she looks EXACTLY  like the California Super Lotto Plus Fairy.