Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Marry a MM/PB Winner?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 8 years ago by blackblue.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would You Marry a MM Jackpot Winner?

Yes [ 17 ]  [37.78%]
No [ 28 ]  [62.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 45 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10345 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2008, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

(Make the appropriate male/ female substitutions where you want here, guys tell the story one way, females the other):

A woman is in a bar near Wall Street. (Wait! It's near Wall St. so we'll call it a tavern.)

In walks a guy dressed in a very expensive suit. He sits near her and orders a drink. He asks her what she's drinking and she notices his $10,000 Rolex.

He has the bartender give her a drink, they make some small talk, and then he says, "Would you slep with me for $1 million?"

She says , "Of course."

He then says, "OK, we've determined what you are, now let's negotiate the price."

Scared

The title of this thread made me think of that story because the OP seems to hint at seeking out a jackpot winner.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
    Republic of Texas
    United States
    Member #57557
    January 9, 2008
    1095 Posts
    Posted: August 26, 2008, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Couldn't do it.   No Nod 

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2008, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

@ Coin Toss

Very old, sexist joke.  (although I do not see anything funny about it)  Why is a woman "what you are" and a man is not?   Most men will say yes for free! 

Thanks, Pac.  At least you're honest. 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2008, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Lets say they hit a 160 million dollar jackpot.

Would you marry a MM/PB Lotto winner even though you were not physically/emotionally attracted to him/her?

Or  if the winner wasn't your type or just somebody you normally wouldn't  have a relationship with.

Even if the winner wanted to be with you so bad.

Please be honest and  explain why/why not.

I always feel like too much detail is left out of these type questions.... or maybe I'm a lawyer at heart.Big Grin

How long would you have to stay married? (K-Fed?)

How long will this person live after the 'I do's? (Anna Nicole, anyone?)

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

mussie1028's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
          Williamsport, PA.
          United States
          Member #64387
          August 26, 2008
          2 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2008, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Sun SmileyWell to be perfectly honest....I might give it one hell of a try....when you are poor most of your life...something like that sounds awful tempting....money has a way of seduceing. Haven't we all been persuaded one time or another? 

For real, the type of person I am.....I would just be honest right up front. If the person really had an attraction towards me....maybe we could just work something out...and I'm not talking about tradingNo No SEX either. I would work hard for what ever I received...being grateiful has a way of touching another's heart. When someone really knows you in their heart they would do anything for you with no strings attached! It's true you can fall in love with a person long after you meet them....really getting to know somebody takes much time and effort. SleepSorry I didn't mean to go on so long.....til the next time!Wink

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
            Magnolia, Delaware
            United States
            Member #18795
            July 20, 2005
            789 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2008, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I'd love to meet a sugar momma. I'm stubborn too, but with that kind of money I'd adjust. No problem !

I can manage a grouchy b**ch and have my fun on the side.

There are ways around everything. Wink

I Agree! And that's the Gods honest truth!!!!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

ohiopick3's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #3023
              December 14, 2003
              4166 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2008, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

If I wasn't attracted to the person or we had nothing in common, then honestly no I probably wouldn't. I have no desire to be in a relationship with someone who I am not compatible with...no matter how much money they have or won.

I agree with "ThatScaryChick"!

And, money isn't everything? I could not do it myself. Personally it would not be worth the false effort.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2008, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't.     I wouldn't be happy  marrying for money.

I have married a winner however,  he is my soulmate and that makes both of us a winner.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                  Washington State
                  United States
                  Member #33973
                  February 26, 2006
                  347 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2008, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

No way!  I may not be wealthy, but I basically do what I want when I want and "get by fine" in my retirement.  At this age I'm likely too set in my ways to marry anyone again, let alone someone who would likely think he should have most of the say since he has most of the money. 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10345 Posts
                    Posted: August 26, 2008, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

@ Coin Toss

Very old, sexist joke.  (although I do not see anything funny about it)  Why is a woman "what you are" and a man is not?   Most men will say yes for free! 

Thanks, Pac.  At least you're honest. 

Go back up to my post, you overlooked this:

(Make the appropriate male/ female substitutions where you want here, guys tell the story one way, females the other)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1953 Posts
                      Posted: August 27, 2008, 3:15 am - IP Logged

Yes, but not for that reason alone. I have to have an emotional attraction to them.

Gonna win.Big Smile

grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
                        Raleigh
                        United States
                        Member #49057
                        January 17, 2007
                        172 Posts
                        Posted: August 27, 2008, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I chose yes, but it is more like a maybe.

I am pretty open minded.

If they were a good person, and I liked being around them, but did not have the physical thing going, I might not marry them normally. With lots of lottery money the freedom to do what you want and enjoy your time might make up for less sparks in the bedroom. Also, in your scenario, the person is totally into you, which is also a huge plus. Having someone that is dedicated and loyal to you would be some pretty positive stuff, unless they were psycho about it.

Looks really are not everything to me. They are a definate plus if a girl has them, but if she has a great personality, it is usally enough to make up for any physical problems.

If they had a nasty personality, I would not want to hang out with them past 1-2 dates, so definately a no.

Basically, the money would push a borderline situation into a yes.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: August 27, 2008, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

No, I know what I would expect from someone if I was a jackpot winner that permitted them to marry me and there is no way I would ever put myself in a similar position.   But then I'm not the type of person that seek the company of people with lots of money and I don't have much respect for those who do.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

GoldenWhun's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            OHIO
                            United States
                            Member #62958
                            July 14, 2008
                            11 Posts
                            Posted: August 27, 2008, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to answer my own question. In all honesty I would at least give it a try. Why not make it so my life is  alot easier. I wouldn't have to worry about high gas prices and our messed up economy. I think most people would love to live without the worries of any financial burdens. Would I feel proud that I'm kinda freeloading no but I would make the best out of the situation. I wouldnt care what others thought of me either.

jmill1948's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              colonial heights
                              United States
                              Member #31712
                              February 2, 2006
                              12264 Posts
                              Posted: August 27, 2008, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

i can give it a try............been poor to long

when you do it do it right the first time...........