Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Frustrated Winner Forgot Numbers at Work

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2008, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

The Florida Lottery announced today that MEGA MONEY winner Ronald S. Diaz, 50, of West Palm Beach claimed the August 22, $1.6 million MEGA MONEY jackpot.

Diaz, chose the one-time, lump-sum payment option for his winnings in the amount of $1,107,688.80.  He purchased his winning MEGA MONEY Quick Pick ticket at Presidente Supermarket, located at 2485 10th Avenue North in Lake Worth.  The retailer received a bonus incentive of $4,000 for selling the jackpot-winning ticket.

The winning numbers were:

10 - 32 - 35 - 44 and the MEGABALL® was 22   

Mr. Diaz began spending $100 a week when he moved to Florida 12 years ago.  He always uses a very sophisticated system based on mathematical probability and past history.  On the way home from work Friday, he searched through his pockets and remembered he left all his calculations and spreadsheets on his desk at work.  Since it was too late to go back, Diaz decided to buy a Quick Pick.  "When I saw the QP numbers, I knew they weren't any good.  4 of the 5 are even and 3 of the first 4 are over 30!  The clerk gave me a very hard time when I asked to cancel it," Diaz said tearfully.  "I'm trying to decide if I will keep the money."

Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: August 26, 2008, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Okay, okay!   So I edited the last paragraph a little.               

Green laugh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19828 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2008, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I thought you were going to say after he won using his system, he forgot how it worked so he wouldn't be using it again.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2008, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I thought you were going to say after he won using his system, he forgot how it worked so he wouldn't be using it again.

Actually, the first half is an actual press release from the Florida Lottery.  This man really did win $1.6M. Good payout too, 69.3%  I bought 5 tickets for this game on Friday!  I just added the last paragraph because, after I saw it was a QP, I immediately thought of LP.

Lovies

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5603 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2008, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

The Florida Lottery announced today that MEGA MONEY winner Ronald S. Diaz, 50, of West Palm Beach claimed the August 22, $1.6 million MEGA MONEY jackpot.

Diaz, chose the one-time, lump-sum payment option for his winnings in the amount of $1,107,688.80.  He purchased his winning MEGA MONEY Quick Pick ticket at Presidente Supermarket, located at 2485 10th Avenue North in Lake Worth.  The retailer received a bonus incentive of $4,000 for selling the jackpot-winning ticket.

Mr. Diaz began spending $100 a week when he moved to Florida 12 years ago.  He always uses a very sophisticated system based on mathematical probability and past history.  On the way home from work Friday, he searched through his pockets and remembered he left all his calculations and spreadsheets on his desk at work.  Since it was too late to go back, Diaz decided to buy a Quick Pick.  "When I saw the QP numbers, I knew they weren't any good.  4 of the 5 are even and 3 of the first 4 are over 30!  The clerk gave me a very hard time when I asked to cancel it," Diaz said tearfully.  "I'm trying to decide if I will keep the money."

OK, well you got me.

I was sitting here reading the part about him deciding whether to keep the money and I think I read it 4 or 5 times, trying to understand what his problem is. 

THEN I read your follow up post. You are a naughty girl! LOL.

United States
            Member #64434
            August 28, 2008
            31 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2008, 1:52 am - IP Logged

ah you got me with that one too!

i was sitting here giggling to myself about this person who had a SYSTEM and then won off a quickpick he didn't want, until I realised the last part was made up!

an enjoyable read though!

Amanda

Denmark
              Member #54508
              August 21, 2007
              39 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2008, 1:27 am - IP Logged

I work hard too with numbers and dont blame Diaz, as he based himself with some of his theories but with probability you have to be open to both and this makes lottery very expensive to play, hence when you win got to cheris the amount.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5121 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2008, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

JXP>>>>>>>>>>>WHAT a GREAT>>>>>>>>>>>>REPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Diaz is from a long line of RICH>>>>>>>>>>>>DEMOCRAT'ssssssssss!

HE came OVER on the boat year's AGO & his family invented a COPY type??

machine of some KIND????????????????????????????????????????????????

$100 a week is nothing to COMPARE to our LOTTERY POST FRIEND'ssssssss

HE just work's HARD and use's pocket CHANGE to play the LOTTERY$$$

WOW what a story>>>>"ONLY IN AMERICA" U-KON WIN$$$$$$$$$

SPEND $200 a WEEK if U (want) 2-WIN in UR>>>>>>>LIFE-TIME$$!

LOL

PSYKOMO