Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gap Strategy - A new way to play Powerball

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 8 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2008, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Gap Strategy: New way to play Powerball.

This is going to take some space!

Here is a new way to play Powerball, and any other lottery game.

Step 1: Use alphanumeric substitution to convert winning numbers to alphabetical
sequences. Key: 0-9 =A 10-19=B 20-29=C 30-39=D 40-49=E 50-50=F

This method reduces the nearly 4 million number combinations to 252 alphabetical sequences.
Ex: 1.10.23.33.44 = ABCDE, 17.23.23.45.51= BCDEF.

Step 2: Eliminate the duplicate letters in individual alphabetical sequences. This will provide
67 new sequences - called 'point' sequences. There are 5 different point sequences.

There are 6 1-point sequences: A, B, C, D, E, F.
FYI: There has been only 1 winning number combination with five numbers in same group.
This was on 1/19/08 - 20 23 25 27 28+02.

There are 15 2-point sequences: AB thru EF.
FYI: Only 8 of the sequences have come up. BE has come up 4 times.

There are 20 3-point sequences: ABC thru DEF.
FYI: All but 3 of the sequences have come up, the most frequent being BCD with 17 occurrences.

There are 20 4-point sequences: ABCD thru CDEF.
FYI: All of the sequences have come up, the most frequent being BCDE with 23 occurrences.

There are 6 5-point sequences: ABCDE thru BCDEF.
FYI: All six sequences have come up. The last time a 5-point sequence came up was on
06/14/08.

Here is the latest inventory totals for each Point sequence as of 083008.

1 Point: 1
2 Point: 15
3 Point: 93
4 Point: 142
5 Point: 20

Obviously, the 4 Point sequences have come up more often than any of the other four.

To summarize: Convert the five winning combinations to alphabetical sequences
using the key given. Convert the 252 alphabetical sequences to 67 'point' sequences.

EX:  1.10.23.33.38 = ABCDD = ABCD

A 5-point sequence is one having 5 of the 6 possible letters used in the alphabetical sequences representing winning
numbers.  A 4-point sequence is one having 4 of the 6 possible letters.

Keep a running list of the winning combinations, the alphabetical sequence (the powerball) and the Point sequence.
Keep a running list of the individual Point sequences. This should include an inventory showing the number of
times the individual sequences have come up and a 'In order of occurrence' list.

Using the data I've accumulated, I've decided to use a '4 Point' sequence for the 091008 drawing,
Specifically, I'm using ABDE, which has come up 17 times. It has been out 12 drawings where the winning combination
had at least 1 A, 1 B, 1 D and 1 E, BUT NO Cs or Fs.
Ex: Winning combination 3.7.11.38.44 would be reduced to AABDE, which in turn would be reduced to ABDE.

Keep in mind that I'm trying to correctly GUESS, repeat GUESS, what the next Point sequence will be.
I use various data sequences and charts to aid the guess work.

I intend to present the Gap worksheets I used to generate 12 specific numbers I will play in the 0910 Powerball drawing.

Stay tuned.
Thanks for your interest.
Bobby

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
    Member #48046
    December 7, 2006
    1699 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2008, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Looks promising Bobby

I think for the 10th drawing I'm thinking  about this latest little craze in Powerball where 2 numbers repeat from the previous drawing.

It cost 10 dollars to do it though.

uuuuuummmmm..... that 4 point sequence,   the one your playing Wed.   .......no 50 number at the end?Thumbs Up

San Angelo, Texas
      United States
      Member #1097
      January 31, 2003
      1394 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2008, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Gap Strategy  Powerball  A numbers.

Gap Strategy - A new way to play Powerball

Foreword:

Gap is the number of active cells between like numbers, or other data, in a specific data stream.

An active cell is any cell that has not been marked off in someway.

There are 9 active cells representing the 9 single numbers, (1-9). These are called the "A" numbers.

There are 10 active cells representing the 10 teens (10-19). These are called the "B" numbers.

There are 10 active cells representing the 10 20s (20-29). These are called the 'C' numbers.

There a 10 active cells representing the 10 30s (30-39). These are called "D" numbers.

There are 10 active cells representing the 10 40s (40-49). These are called the "E" numbers.

There are 6 active cells representing the 6 50s (50-55). These are called the 'F' numbers.

These are fixed values. No duplicate numbers allowed. If you have more or less in any group, then a mistake has been made.

Because gap workouts are different from most others, I've had to adopt new terms, abbreviations, etc. unique to the
      number generation process. This is NOT a prediction system, per se.

However, I'm confident that anyone that keeps lottery statistics, have their own strategies and workouts, will know what the data
      is, although I might use a different reference.

Of course, if you have never worked with lottery numbers, then this will be a learning experience. Please refer to my earlier
      posts on this strategy.

As I indicated in my initial post, I have decided to base my Powerball predictions on the 4-Point scheme. That is, I'm only going to play 4 different groups

of numbers

The 4-Point sequence is ABDE.

I have generated 12 numbers for the next Powerball drawing. These are 3 A numbers, 3 B numbers, 3 D numbers and 3 E numbers.
      I realize that I can't win the jackpot if there is a "C" or an "F" in the winning combination.

These workouts take a lot of space. Therefore, I will break the post into 4 parts, one for each number group.

Gap Strategy - Powerball
      Workout: GNR V2
      PID Configuration: First 3, Middle 3, Last 3.
      AID Configuration: 1.2.3 = A, 4.5.6 = B, 7.8.9 = C
      Last Triple: BAC

PID:    F1 F2 F3 M1 M2 M3 L1 L2 L3
      HG#:    4   7   6   8   9    3   5  1  2                   -ACA2 +CBA5 -BAB2   A# 6  3  9
      HGP:     M2 M1 L2 L1 F3 F1 F2 L3 M3               +ACB5 -CBC0 -BAA2   AI  B  A  C
      AID:      A  C  A  C  B  B  B  A  C                         -ACC3 -CBB4 +BAC5  G# 5  7  9
                                                                                                                 L# 7  4  8

AI AT PI PT G# LT ST
      1A  7 M3  7  3 16  1      4B  4  F1  7  4  12  -    7C  8 L2  6 1  7 3
      2A  5 L3  7  2  8  2        5B  7  F3  8  6  14  -    8C  8 M1  8 8  9 -
      3A  9 F2 10  7  6  0       6B 11  L1  6  5  8   -    9C 13 M2 12 9 14 -

G#: 9   7   5 
      L#: 8 9 4 1 7 6 3 5 2

Numbers to play:  4 7 8

Suggest transfer of data to graph paper to get proper line up.

Some explanations:

V2 - all counting is done from Right to Left, which is the same as counting UP a column of data. Counting Left to right, signified by V1.
      provides a different set of data.

Last triple: BAC. The basic generation process is based on 'triples' The AID line above provides triples ACA, CAC, ACB, CBB BBB, BBA, BAC.
      A running log is maintained for each group of triples, the ones beginning with A, the B, and C.
      The -ACA2 entry in the HG# line indicated the triple ACA has come up twice during the period for which the data is kept.
      Therefore, if the last triple is BAC, the next triple must begin with AC. There are 3. The + indicates that I selected ACB5 as the next triple.
      Continuing, if ACB5 is correct, the next triple has to begin with CB. I selected CBA5, which means the last triple must beging with BA. I selected
      BAC5.

If I wanted a 4th gap number, the next triple would begin with AC.
      I've decided to use the triples with most frequent occurrences. I could have used the ones with lesser or no occurrences.

The third letter in each selected triple, shown as AI B A C above, is used to generate the gap numbers to be used for lotto number generation.

AI AT - Alpha Identifier 1A has come up 7 times
      PI PT - Position Identifier M3 has come up 7 times.
      LT ST - Long Term Short Term: G3 3 has come up 16 times overall, but only 1 time during the current accounting period, or round.

When generating a lottery number the count goes from right to left. In the above, the lottery numbers are active gap number cells 5 (7), 7 (4) and 9 (8).

I realize Position and Alpha identifier is a new concept, but trying to explain them at this point would probably be futile.

It goes to say, if you want to try this workout, you will have to do your homework!

Will provide the B gap numbers in next post.

San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: September 8, 2008, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Gap Strategy: A new way to play Powerball

B numbers

Position Identifier configuration: F1 to F5 and L1 to L5
        Alpha Identifier configuration: 1,2,3 = A, 4,5,6 =B, 7, 8, 9 = C, 10 = R.

Last Triple: CAA

PID   F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 L1 L2 L3 L4  L5

HG#:   3  1  2  4  7  9  6  8  5  10
        HGP:  F3 L2 F5 F4 L5 L3 L4 F1 F2  L1
        HAI:   A  R  R  A  A  A  C  C  A  A

-AAB2 -ACA2 -CCC1 
        -AAA1 -ACR1 -CCR2
        -ABA3 -ACB3 -CCB3
        +AAC4 +ACC5 +CCA4

A# 9 8 3
        AI C C A
        G# 6 7 3

-1A 10 L1 7 9 11 1
        -2A 10 F2 15 1 9 0
        +3A 13 F1 10 3 8 0

4B None

-7C 14 F4 9 4 9 3
        +8C 18 F5 10 7 8 1
        +9C 11 L2 11 6 13 1

10R None

L# 11 12 10 19 16 18 13 14 15 17
        G#                 7   6             3

Lottery numbers to play:  14 16 19

Comments:
        There are 4 Alpha Identifiers: A, B, C and R. These are not the same as the letters used in the alphabetical sequences. It probably would have
        been better for me to have used different indicators to avoid possible confusion. But .....

My AI choices are C C A. Therefore, I don't need to breakout the Bs and the R.

The PIs need to be balanced. There are 10 numbers. Therefore, the First 3, Middle 3 and Last 3
        used for the A numbers doesn't compute. Only way to avoid bias is to use First 5, Last 5.

The Alpha Identifiers are standard for all workouts with 10 numbers. Therefore, there are 3As, 3Bs, 3Cs and an R to account for
        the 10th number.

The R is very useful in some applications. That is, there is only one choice, as opposed to 3 choices for A, B, and C.

Looks confusing, but, if you know about lottery statistics, workouts, etc, you should be able to figure it out.

Next: D numbers.

San Angelo, Texas
          United States
          Member #1097
          January 31, 2003
          1394 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2008, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

New Way to play Powerball

Gap Strategy - New way to play Powerball

After further review, I've decided not to provide the nitty gritty details for the
          D and E numbers.

The worksheets contain the same kinds of data as for the A and B numbers. I laid out the
          before and after triples, set up the Alpha Identifier arrays and came up with the
          following choices.

D numbers: gaps 1, 4, 7, which produced lottery numbers 31, 34, 38.
          E numbers: gaps 3.8,10, which produced lottery numbers 40,41, 44..

The 12 numbers I've generated for my 0910 Powerball play are:

I used the LS2004 wheeler to obtain 10 sets. I then adjusted the sequences to assure
          that I have at least 1 A, 1 B, 1 D and 1 E in every combination.
          This means that every combination has a pair. I also adjusted the sequences for balance.
          That is, there are 12 As, 13 Bs, 13 Ds and 12 Es.

The final combinations, including a Powerball, are:

4.14.16.34.44+9
          8.19.38.41.44+14
          7.16.31.38.44+10
          4.16.34.38.41+24
          8.14.19.34.40+36
          8.16.19.38.44+8
          4.7.14.31.40+17
          8.19.34.40.41+20
          4.7.16.31.40+30
          7.14.31.38.41+41

I'm on a limited budget, but I can afford to spend $10 for 10 chances to win $100 million.

How did I come up with the 10 Powerballs?

Need 10. I decided to select 2 As, 3 Bs, 2 Cs, 2 Ds and 1 E.

I maintain a running log of gap numbers along with my running log of Powerball numbers.
          Some gap numbers come up more frequently than others. These are the ones I used.

How do you determine the gap numbers? You will have to read my previous posts for that.
          It's a simple method.

I use the gap streams more often than the lottery numbers streams.
          If you read the LP posts closely you will find, in my opinion, that just about everyone
          use various methods based solely on lottery numbers, some going all the way back to
          the beginning.

I'm not convinced that placing all the emphasis on lottery numbers is a superior way to
          pick numbers. I did it for years with mostly poor results.

I use gap numbers for PB, Mega, and Texas Lotto.
          I sometimes use gap numbers for Pick 3 and Pick 4.
          I use lottery numbers only for Cash 5, but there's a reason based mostly on false starts, errors, etc.
          I had to start over couple of times. I will eventually have enough data to switch to gaps.

So, there you have it LP members.
          I know it looks complicated, but, it's not.
          If you think you might want to give it try, one word of advice - accuracy. Update the streams, inventories and other data
          after every drawing.
          It takes time to establish the arrays. Once all the data is available in one location, it's just a matter of making the
          RIGHT GUESSES.

I'm sorry, there are no Easy Buttons. This is not a prediction system, per se. It's a lot of paper and pencil work that I hope will produce
          some positive results.

If you have questions, don't hesitate,

Northern Ohio
            United States
            Member #63551
            August 1, 2008
            203 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2008, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Bobby,

Give me some time to digest all of this. I've been working on something similar (in the way of converting actual drawing numbers to new values for side-analysis). Let me take some notes and see what can be said.

Disclaimer: I don't play PB, but I do play MM. Although the matrix is slightly different, it is not so that most systems can be used interchangeably.

United States
              Member #63694
              August 5, 2008
              34 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2008, 12:34 am - IP Logged

interesting once i fully get the whole concept i'll probably give it a try

United States
                Member #37109
                April 10, 2006
                57 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2008, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

bobby623

It takes a lot of pencil and paper.  I would like to see some sharp LP member put it on a spreadsheet.  I wish I could learn how to develop a spreadsheet like some of these guys on LP.

Doc Tor

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2008, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

bobby623

It takes a lot of pencil and paper.  I would like to see some sharp LP member put it on a spreadsheet.  I wish I could learn how to develop a spreadsheet like some of these guys on LP.

Doc Tor

Which spread sheet program do you use?  Are any sharp LP members out there making templates for First Choice? Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Anglia
                    United Kingdom
                    Member #54146
                    August 7, 2007
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2008, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Thanks bobby for your informative post. However I lost you when you got to this point:

Gap Strategy - Powerball
                    Workout: GNR V2
                    PID Configuration: First 3, Middle 3, Last 3.
                    AID Configuration: 1.2.3 = A, 4.5.6 = B, 7.8.9 = C
                    Last Triple: BAC

PID:    F1 F2 F3 M1 M2 M3 L1 L2 L3
                    HG#:    4   7   6   8   9    3   5  1  2                   -ACA2 +CBA5 -BAB2   A# 6  3  9
                    HGP:     M2 M1 L2 L1 F3 F1 F2 L3 M3               +ACB5 -CBC0 -BAA2   AI  B  A  C
                    AID:      A  C  A  C  B  B  B  A  C                         -ACC3 -CBB4 +BAC5  G# 5  7  9
                                                                                                                               L# 7  4  8

AI AT PI PT G# LT ST
                    1A  7 M3  7  3 16  1      4B  4  F1  7  4  12  -    7C  8 L2  6 1  7 3
                    2A  5 L3  7  2  8  2        5B  7  F3  8  6  14  -    8C  8 M1  8 8  9 -
                    3A  9 F2 10  7  6  0       6B 11  L1  6  5  8   -    9C 13 M2 12 9 14 -

G#: 9   7   5 
                    L#: 8 9 4 1 7 6 3 5 2

Numbers to play:  4 7 8

I find it hard to decipher the above. A simpler example would help

thanks.

San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1394 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2008, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Juha kalulu

Please see the link for more detailed information about gap strategy.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/162413

I don't know of an alternate means for displaying the workout. I realize the the lines are offset. I don't know how to get them lined up.
                      I think if you transferred the data to graph paper if would be more readable.

If you have experience with lottery analysis, you should be able to figure out what the data reflects. If not, I don't know what to tell you.

Gap strategy is a substitute system, as are all  techniques, strategies, workouts, methods lottery players create and use to analyze lottery numbers. It incorporates multiple  data streams that can be used to generate numbers for play.

The PID Configuration is a system feature used to break a data stream into parts. The goal is to break the stream in such a way as to avoid bias.
                      The only way to do this with 9 numbers is to have 3 parts - first 3, middle 3, last 3.
                      The stream could be broken in half, First 4, Last 5, or, First 5, Last 4, but there would be tons of bias in future calculations.

The AID Configuration is another system feature used to generate data that can be used to create another feature known as Before and After Triples.

There is much more to it, but, I don't think trying to explain it here would be helpful.

The best way to learn the system is to use it. Log the numbers, generate the gap stream. follow the rules explained in the link above. You will then have a set of data that will, in my opinion, greatly aid the number picking guesswork.

If its too much work, too hard, then I suggest you search the manifold posts here at LP for something more to your liking.

San Angelo, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #1097
                        January 31, 2003
                        1394 Posts
                        Posted: September 11, 2008, 11:01 am - IP Logged

Drawing outcome and comments;

0906 17.25.26.49.54+11  BCCEF+B  BCEF
                        0910 14.15.28.37.53+18  BBCDF+B  BCDF

Played ABDE w12# wheel. Had 1 hit.

Not a very good beginning. Still worth the work!

Texas is not a PB state. Keeping the data current not a high priority.
                        This changed when FL was added to the list. I have a brother there who
                        lives close to a lottery terminal!.

Some comments:

The last time the 4pt structure, BCDF, came up was 08182007! It was the
                        coldest duck on the 'in order of occurrence' list with 5 hits.

No wonder the jackpot rolled!

As for my choices. I hit one B number. Had 3 chances for a D number but missed.

The most important feature of Gap Strategy is the Before and After triples. The more
                        you have, the better the chance of guessing right.

The last triple for the D group was ACC. The 4 choices, as I had were CCR2, CCC2, CCB2 and CCA3.
                        I went with CCA3, which, infortunately, was wrong.

The next  last triple for the D numbers is CCB.

The B&A triple lists are sort of thin, but they will grow with time. There are no outside references. I'm creating history
                        files one drawing at a time.

I intend to replay the 10 sets next game, using the only but more expensive route available
                        to me.

Thanks for your interest!
                        Bobby

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                          ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                          United States
                          Member #4924
                          June 3, 2004
                          5893 Posts
                          Posted: September 11, 2008, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Bobby,

How do you come up with 15 pairs? Also, do you use ordered draws or unordered?

09/10/083728155314182DCBFBDCDBDFDBCBCFCBBFBBFB
                          09/06/082654492517114CFECBCFCECCCBFEFCFBECEBCB
                          09/03/084938404650342EDEEFEDEEEEEFDEDEDFEEEFEF
                          08/30/08143247215363BDEABBDBEBABBDEDADBEAEBAB
                            CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                            ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                            United States
                            Member #4924
                            June 3, 2004
                            5893 Posts
                            Posted: September 11, 2008, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Bobby,

How do you come up with 15 pairs? Also, do you use ordered draws or unordered?

09/10/083728155314182DCBFBDCDBDFDBCBCFCBBFBBFB
                            09/06/082654492517114CFECBCFCECCCBFEFCFBECEBCB
                            09/03/084938404650342EDEEFEDEEEEEFDEDEDFEEEFEF
                            08/30/08143247215363BDEABBDBEBABBDEDADBEAEBAB

Never mind, I understand, pairs A:F, I'm just showing the pairs that hit!!!

San Angelo, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1097
                              January 31, 2003
                              1394 Posts
                              Posted: September 11, 2008, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

CARBOB

When you convert all of the winning Powerball combinations to alphabetical sequences, via alphanumeric substitution, then substract the duplicate letters, you end up with 15 2-point sequences, or, structures.

Example:  The last 2.pt structure was BD. This was on 031208 when the winning combination was 12.19.30.34.36+8. The alphabetical sequence is BBDDD. The structure is BD.

The last Mega Millions drawing, the winning combination was a 3 pt structure, CEF. which was hit in Maryland.

The MM winning combination won in Georgia on 0829 was a 2 point structure, CF. 

I don't know if the winning tickets were or weren't quick picks.

Thanks for your interest!