Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Splitting tickets between multiple retailers

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by AlecWest.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
CA
United States
Member #57222
December 23, 2007
587 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2008, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Hey fellow LPs- I need your advice.  Thinking about changing the strategy.

I play the same 5 set of lines twice,  for a total of 10 lines- One mega number on one set of five lines then change the mega number on the same set. ( CA Super Lotto, but could be Mega too). 

I was wondering,  I decided to get my husband to play one set in the city where he works which is about 80 miles away ( bad commute)  and I play the other set at home with the different Mega number. Why?  because I notice that only  two or three tickets ever win 5 numbers.  And it would be better if the matching sets didn't come from the same retailer.  Is that a good idea or am I reading too much into it?      ( Still wondering if "They" know what  numbers are played and where).

Thanks in advance for all responses. Confused

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8362 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2008, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

If i understand you you are picking your numbers to play.

If so what does it matter where you purchase the tickets at.

Now if you said i buy ten quick picks and i want my husband to pick up 5 of them near where he works at then by all means i would say go for it.

Where you buy your tickets has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

All that matters is if you played or bought a ticket that have the WINNING numbers.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2008, 2:02 am - IP Logged

If i understand you you are picking your numbers to play.

If so what does it matter where you purchase the tickets at.

Now if you said i buy ten quick picks and i want my husband to pick up 5 of them near where he works at then by all means i would say go for it.

Where you buy your tickets has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

All that matters is if you played or bought a ticket that have the WINNING numbers.

ditto.

I change who I buy from and when if I am doing real bad, for whatever reason, thinking it will change my bad luck, sometimes it does, but I don't think I can attribute it to just switching vendors, but you never know.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
        Member #91
        January 19, 2002
        11932 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2008, 6:42 am - IP Logged

I guess thats a stradegy too....

different stores at different times, no more than 1 play per ticket.  on weekends drive to a city that nobody's heard of....Naughty

You might want to consider wearing a disguise...they got those cameras you know!!!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

AlecWest's avatar - alec
          Vader, Washington
          United States
          Member #29697
          January 5, 2006
          108 Posts
          Posted: September 11, 2008, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Both Oregon and Washington allow lottery players to buy their tickets from vending machines.  That's usually how I buy them.  The machines themselves don't take photos of ticket buyers ... so, to hide your identity, it's a simple matter of knowing where the store's surveillance video cameras are located and not looking directly at them.  Chip Polston, the PR honcho for the Kentucky Lottery Corporation, told me a story about one guy who really wanted to remain anonymous.  Unfortunately for him, the retailer was notified of the winning ticket's barcode number.  Using his ticket terminal, the retailer was able to find the date and time-of-day when the ticket was sold.  And using his store's surveillance videos, he pinpointed cash register activity at that time.  When he saw the winner, the retailer said, "Hey, I know that guy."  And the next time the winner came into his store, the retailer "congratulated" him in front of other customers ... some of whom were his friends and neighbors.  So much for his anonimity.

Regards -- J. Alec West