Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A little page to help with manual 5/39 play...

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Pinback's avatar - driver
Ohio
United States
Member #5810
July 22, 2004
120 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2008, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Play $8 (8 plays) each day.  Play all 39 numbers + one duplicate of your choice.  You will match the 5 winning numbers every single day.  Half the battle is won.  Now you just need some luck to get the 5 winning numbers to appear together on just one of the eight plays.

(The grid at the bottom may be missing a few lines.  It looks fine here in the editor, but in preview it was less than perfect.  Oh well... you get the idea...

1                    10                  20                  30

2                    11                  21                  31

3                    12                  22                  32

4                    13                  23                  33

5                    14                  24                  34

6                    15                  25                  35

7                    16                  26                  36

8                    17                  27                  37

9                    18                  28                  38

19                  29                  39

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5124 Posts
    Posted: September 10, 2008, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

PB:

Are UR system???????????

Line (1).........1-2-3-4-5

Line (2).........6-7-8-9-10

Line (3).........11-12-13-14-15

Line (8) 36-37-38-39-(plug 1-in)

ONLY a PSYKO can ask a stupid?????????

LOL

PSYKOMO

Ohio
      United States
      Member #5810
      July 22, 2004
      120 Posts
      Posted: September 10, 2008, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

No, no... you put any number you want in each of the squares.  The order you use them is entirely up to you.  Use each number ONLY ONCE (mark them off at the top as you use them to help keep track).  Put any number (1-39) in the final square.

When you're done, you'll have 8 plays that use all 39 numbers... so no matter what the 5 winning number are, you will have them all in your 8 plays.  Half the battle is just HAVING the winning numbers on your tickets, so this takes care of that.  Getting the 5 numbers to fall together in the same play is where the luck comes in...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10354 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2008, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Of course if you play all the numbers you are going to have all the winning numbers, but are you going to have them gropuped so as to win more than the cost of the play?

In Pick 5 you usually hit 0 or 1 number, which doesn't pay, in Pick 6 it's 0, 1, or 2 mumbers, which doesn't pay.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Ohio
          United States
          Member #5810
          July 22, 2004
          120 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2008, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Of course if you play all the numbers you are going to have all the winning numbers, but are you going to have them gropuped so as to win more than the cost of the play?

In Pick 5 you usually hit 0 or 1 number, which doesn't pay, in Pick 6 it's 0, 1, or 2 mumbers, which doesn't pay.

I don't play to win my $8 back.  I play for exactly one reason... to win the jackpot.  There is really no other reason to play.

Therefore, the smartest way to play is to play my way... using all of the possible numbers.

Playing 11 (or whatever) out of 39 numbers and wheeling them is pointless, because if any winning number isn't in the numbers you wheeled... you have ZERO chance to win the jackpot that day.

My method gives you a chance to win the jackpot EVERY SINGLE DAY!  There will NEVER be a day where you don't have a chance to win the jackpot, because the winning numbers will ALWAYS be on your $8 worth of tickets!

If your goal is to break even or win a little more than you bet, then I can't help you.  I'm all about the jackpot, and my way is the best way to have a chance to win that jackpot every single drawing.

And if someone can't afford to blow the $8 a day, then they shouldn't be playing anyway!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10354 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2008, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Pinback

I agree, the goal is inded to hit a jackpot. But to me $8 a drawing for a daily game is a little steep.

As far as what people can afford to play, that is not necessarily what they're willing to blow on the lottery.

Not every $1 and $2 player out there can only afford to play $1 or $2, but that's what they play.

As far as who should and shouldn't be playing the lottery, I don;t think that's your call, or mine.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Ohio
              United States
              Member #5810
              July 22, 2004
              120 Posts
              Posted: September 13, 2008, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Pinback

I agree, the goal is inded to hit a jackpot. But to me $8 a drawing for a daily game is a little steep.

As far as what people can afford to play, that is not necessarily what they're willing to blow on the lottery.

Not every $1 and $2 player out there can only afford to play $1 or $2, but that's what they play.

As far as who should and shouldn't be playing the lottery, I don;t think that's your call, or mine.

Ah, gottcha.  I hadn't considered $8 a day to be too much, because I used to blow more than that easily on drinks and food at work each day!

I saw another thread with a wheel that costs $22 a day... and THAT looked steep to me!

Well anyway... it takes $8 a day to play all 39 numbers, so that is the minimum for anyone who wants a real chance (have all five winning numbers every drawing) to win the jackpot every single day.

Vergie6's avatar - Santa 20kitty.jpg
                North Carolina
                United States
                Member #59855
                March 29, 2008
                31553 Posts
                Posted: September 13, 2008, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

No, no... you put any number you want in each of the squares.  The order you use them is entirely up to you.  Use each number ONLY ONCE (mark them off at the top as you use them to help keep track).  Put any number (1-39) in the final square.

When you're done, you'll have 8 plays that use all 39 numbers... so no matter what the 5 winning number are, you will have them all in your 8 plays.  Half the battle is just HAVING the winning numbers on your tickets, so this takes care of that.  Getting the 5 numbers to fall together in the same play is where the luck comes in...

I am going to try your system tonight.....already got my numbers from your chart in place and will let you know if I win anything.....getting the $8 worth like you suggested.....I usually get quick picks...think I'll get 2 of them to go with these and see what happens.

Wish me luck!

And good luck to everybody!..See Ya!

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #5810
                  July 22, 2004
                  120 Posts
                  Posted: September 13, 2008, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Best of luck to you!

I do the same thing and fill out my 8 plays with two auto picks... just to make it an even $10 a day.  But the quick picks are always horrid and I never win anything with them.  But I got three numbers together in Ohio tonight and got $10 out of it.  At least my play tomorrow is free!

There are actually ways to put the odds even more in your favor, but they are all but impossible to do manually.  You can make still better plays by either (1) making sure none of the 8 plays have ever had a 4 or 5 hit previously, or (2) make sure the 8 plays (all together) have the highest number of 4 hits previously.  I ran extensive tests for two months and both of those things clearly gave better results.  But like I said, there is no way anyone can do that manually, because both require comparing all 8 sets against the entire draw history for the game.  I'm a programmer, so I wrote a program to do all that while I was testing to figure out what worked best.

As an extra tip, I also discovered during that two months of testing that the best results come if you play what I call a "tight" game.  That is... if in the first column of your eight plays you only use the numbers 1-8, the second column only use the numbers 9-16, the third column only use the numbers 17-24, the fourth column only use the number 25-32, and the fifth column only use the numbers 33-39.  This result was completely unexpected by me, because I thought that "loose" play would be the best (where any column could have any number that had actually ever appeared in that column in a previous drawing).  But it turns out that keeping it tight gives at least double the results (in actual money won).

I also need to mention that my idea was not created with the short term in mind.  I can make a living doing this if I can win the jackpot just ONCE per year.  So I'm playing this system every day for a year.  If I can win at least once a year, then I'm set for life.  If not... back to the drawing board.

Anyway... good luck!

Vergie6's avatar - Santa 20kitty.jpg
                    North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #59855
                    March 29, 2008
                    31553 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2008, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Best of luck to you!

I do the same thing and fill out my 8 plays with two auto picks... just to make it an even $10 a day.  But the quick picks are always horrid and I never win anything with them.  But I got three numbers together in Ohio tonight and got $10 out of it.  At least my play tomorrow is free!

There are actually ways to put the odds even more in your favor, but they are all but impossible to do manually.  You can make still better plays by either (1) making sure none of the 8 plays have ever had a 4 or 5 hit previously, or (2) make sure the 8 plays (all together) have the highest number of 4 hits previously.  I ran extensive tests for two months and both of those things clearly gave better results.  But like I said, there is no way anyone can do that manually, because both require comparing all 8 sets against the entire draw history for the game.  I'm a programmer, so I wrote a program to do all that while I was testing to figure out what worked best.

As an extra tip, I also discovered during that two months of testing that the best results come if you play what I call a "tight" game.  That is... if in the first column of your eight plays you only use the numbers 1-8, the second column only use the numbers 9-16, the third column only use the numbers 17-24, the fourth column only use the number 25-32, and the fifth column only use the numbers 33-39.  This result was completely unexpected by me, because I thought that "loose" play would be the best (where any column could have any number that had actually ever appeared in that column in a previous drawing).  But it turns out that keeping it tight gives at least double the results (in actual money won).

I also need to mention that my idea was not created with the short term in mind.  I can make a living doing this if I can win the jackpot just ONCE per year.  So I'm playing this system every day for a year.  If I can win at least once a year, then I'm set for life.  If not... back to the drawing board.

Anyway... good luck!

I tried your method with $8.00 worth of tickets and $2 of qp's and didn't win a darn thing and when I buy all qp's I usually do win something. 

I went across the line instead of down thinking my odds would be better but maybe I should have gone down the the line vertically......I sort of think my best chances will be to stick with the qp's.....that's how I got 4 out of 5 correct and in order drawn once and won $270......it was $269 on that one and I had a dollar win on the same ticket printout as I had 5 on one ticket.

I may try what you are suggesting above in your post to see if it does any good.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2008, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I tried your method with $8.00 worth of tickets and $2 of qp's and didn't win a darn thing and when I buy all qp's I usually do win something..........Thanks for trying to help anyway.

I also lose money when I play the lotteries, but it will never be because I tried some else's method with real money, you should have tested it on paper first.  No body have come up a guarantee way to turn a few dollars into a win fall by playing the lottery yet. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7322 Posts
                        Posted: September 15, 2008, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I don't play to win my $8 back.  I play for exactly one reason... to win the jackpot.  There is really no other reason to play.

Therefore, the smartest way to play is to play my way... using all of the possible numbers.

Playing 11 (or whatever) out of 39 numbers and wheeling them is pointless, because if any winning number isn't in the numbers you wheeled... you have ZERO chance to win the jackpot that day.

My method gives you a chance to win the jackpot EVERY SINGLE DAY!  There will NEVER be a day where you don't have a chance to win the jackpot, because the winning numbers will ALWAYS be on your $8 worth of tickets!

If your goal is to break even or win a little more than you bet, then I can't help you.  I'm all about the jackpot, and my way is the best way to have a chance to win that jackpot every single drawing.

And if someone can't afford to blow the $8 a day, then they shouldn't be playing anyway!

I tried using a variation of that strategy a couple of years ago. I made 8 QPs using all 39 numbers with 1 number twice and went back a month to start rearranging the combinations so the last numbers drawn would be in different combos. One number will repeat about 60% so I always had one number each of those drawings and had 3 combos without any repeats that could win in the other 40%.

Since I knew the next result, my idea was to find a consistent way where I could move the numbers around in the 8 combos and match all 5. I believe the strategy was sound but my methodology was shaky and without winning a jackpot, there isn't much return on the $56 a week cost of playing.

I used another method that cost $19 a day but the small multiple wins offset the weekly total and most weeks I lost very little and showed a small profit in others. This method used 14 numbers in an abbreviated wheel and though I matched 4 numbers many times, I never did match all five so it turned out to be more of a cost saying system than a realistic chance of winning over $100,000.

It's pick your poison or player preference in deciding whether to wheel a smaller group of numbers that gives you a better chance for a smaller return and hoping to match all 5 numbers one day or use all 39 numbers with very little return but have a chance to win the jackpot in every day.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: October 1, 2008, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Ohio's Rolling Cash5 is at $340K, it's time to start playing again.  I may try some of the tricks I've been trying with MegaMillions.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7322 Posts
                            Posted: October 1, 2008, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Ohio's Rolling Cash5 is at $340K, it's time to start playing again.  I may try some of the tricks I've been trying with MegaMillions.

Now that the Ten Oh promotion is over I'm either going to start playing Rolling Cash 5 again or I'm going to copy down Mmeflorida's picks and drive to PA everyday. Smile

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                              Dallas, TX
                              United States
                              Member #60284
                              April 12, 2008
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: October 2, 2008, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Interesting system. I hope you win once per year. For $10/day for a year would run you $3,560. Not a lot comparing to the jackpot prizes that could be yours.

The only thing I see in this system is that it still have the same odds of 1 in 575,757. With this system 8 in 575,757. Disapprove

Then again, anyone playing the 39 numbers game will have the same odds. The system an individual may use can give better odds IF they got all 5 numbers in a pool.

Have you ever hit 4/5 balls with this system?