Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Illinois self-service lottery machines

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 8 years ago by TheGameGrl.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #64872
September 10, 2008
2 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2008, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know where in Chicagoland one can find self-service lottery machines? I'm not referring to the vending machines that dispense tickets for the instant games but the self-service lotto machines. I have seen them in some Jewel Food Stores but I was wondering where else they can be found. I sent an email to the Illinois lottery people asking them but never received a response. Thanks for any assistance here.

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2008, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

it will surely save the money on gas on going to the gas station...

If Pepsi and Coke can have their vending machines out there why not the lottery, but i wonder how are they going to scan for IDs...

It will be good if the lottery vending machines (and actually if should be for big games and not your average pick3/pick4 only for big jackpot games) but it will be good if lottery vending machines had like a big plasma TV ontop of them to advertise...:D

but what has me thinking is that we all see how they try to steal ATMs and how they run trucks through the walls where the ATM is to steal them, now imagine this lottery self-service machines...

But this machines will have to have some kind of antenna to let the Lottery Office now that they are running out of paper or ink and that is time for a refill...

Can you imagine going to Mc Donald's and finding a lottery self service machine there, kind of like a vending machine...:D

But it will be years before that happens...I think it will be good for the countryside or the interior of the country where they don't have a lot of gas stations...I think is fair to give each side the same opportunity...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
      Member #64872
      September 10, 2008
      2 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2008, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

it will surely save the money on gas on going to the gas station...

If Pepsi and Coke can have their vending machines out there why not the lottery, but i wonder how are they going to scan for IDs...

It will be good if the lottery vending machines (and actually if should be for big games and not your average pick3/pick4 only for big jackpot games) but it will be good if lottery vending machines had like a big plasma TV ontop of them to advertise...:D

but what has me thinking is that we all see how they try to steal ATMs and how they run trucks through the walls where the ATM is to steal them, now imagine this lottery self-service machines...

But this machines will have to have some kind of antenna to let the Lottery Office now that they are running out of paper or ink and that is time for a refill...

Can you imagine going to Mc Donald's and finding a lottery self service machine there, kind of like a vending machine...:D

But it will be years before that happens...I think it will be good for the countryside or the interior of the country where they don't have a lot of gas stations...I think is fair to give each side the same opportunity...

Self-service lotto machines exist. As I stated in my post, many Jewel Food Stores in the Chicago area have them. I was looking for other stores in the Chicago area that have them as well. I am not referring to the vending machines that dispense lottery instant game tickets. Those vending machines are all over the place. I am referring to the self-service lotto machines.

United States
        Member #50202
        March 1, 2007
        14 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2008, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

lawmakers prob don't want too many

afraid the youngsters might start out early . lol

Litebets27's avatar - power
          Maryland
          United States
          Member #10465
          January 14, 2005
          6065 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2008, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Hi from Maryland.

The store where I usually get my lottery recently had one of these machines installed. The guys installing the machine said that this store was only the third one in Maryland to have one installed. It's a good idea, but rather slow and can freeze up on you. Tonight, one of the regular customers, actully had a ticket get stuck in the machine. I thought he was going to knock the machine over and jump on it to get his ticket.

Good luck!

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

United States
            Member #50202
            March 1, 2007
            14 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2008, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

lol, that would suck.  i always hate it when car washes reject my dollar

or the soda machin doesn't give the correct change.

too bad we can't get tickets online with a c/card

for one draw only though

we have the subscription in illinois but that sux. lol

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4533 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2008, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

litebet, Hi neighbor! I frequent the MD Baltimore area for my mega tickets and some  of the chance drawings MD has. The Self serve Online ticket dispensers are a double edge sword. Nice when the regular clerk line is long yet ever so true that if the ticket sticks or paper is jammed your outta luck. Try getting a knowledged staff member to fix it takes two full moons and a bottle of advil.

Sorry that I know not the answer to the chicago area question ....

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.