Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what would get you to pull the trigger

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Littleoldlady.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

which of these would be the end for you

winning powerball and losing ticket [ 7 ]  [11.29%]
your regular numbers coming up, didnt buy a ticket [ 6 ]  [9.68%]
winning, but blow it all, become a bankrupt [ 1 ]  [1.61%]
all of the above [ 6 ]  [9.68%]
none of the above [ 42 ]  [67.74%]
Total Valid Votes [ 62 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3300 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2008, 3:54 am - IP Logged

Other thread had me wondering what other ways are there  to become a LOSER  that would depress the avg lotto player. So i posted this poll. They're all pretty monumental , but  I dont think im that sort  of person myself.

Thanks to original poster for bringing up the subject.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

DC81's avatar - batman39
    MI
    United States
    Member #54830
    August 31, 2007
    985 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2008, 6:38 am - IP Logged

I don't really have "regular numbers" but if I had numbers I intended to play but didn't I'd probably lose it but if I was intending on playing some numbers there's no way I wouldn't, I can't really see myself going bankrupt since I think I've learned enough from my own mistakes that weren't that bad and the mistakes of past "winners" but on the other hand bankruptcy isn't always a bad thing, well unless you actually do lose everything, heh. Losing a winning ticket would just be maddening that yeah, if I couldn't find it, then I'm outta here though I dunno if I'd have the guts to pull the trigger. But that too, I can't see me losing a ticket since I have the same routine with all tickets I buy and I usually buy them where I'm not going to be going anywhere to actually lose them, they go somewhere where they're not going to be lost barring special circumstances. Of course now that I've said all this, one of these three things are much more likely to happen.

I'd be very, very hard to get over losing that one time, life changing event.

You can't predict random.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2008, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

I wake up every intending to be happy with however the day goes...

I have a great husband.. wonderful kids and beautiful grandchildren.

I love my job...(teaching)

I can be happy sitting on the deck with a cup of hot tea....

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

grengrad's avatar - nw rogue.jpg
        Raleigh
        United States
        Member #49057
        January 17, 2007
        172 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2008, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Losing the ticket would make me depressed, not suicidal.

I do not play regular numbers.

If I blew through all my lottery winnings, and became bankrupt, I would probably have done a lot of cool things first. Those memories would still be with me, and while I would be disappointed to have to work again, I am sure that I could deal with it without too much trouble. I think I would still have my family and friends, and if not, I have never had a problem making new ones, so it would not really be that huge of a deal.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
          Dallas, TX
          United States
          Member #60284
          April 12, 2008
          3856 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2008, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't get it when a millionaire went bankrupt...that's like working backwards. I can understand the cause due to risky investments, but not for enjoyment like over spending on luxury lifestyle.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2008, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

There is nothing that would make me want to pull the plug on myself. Unless i was being tortured by being locked up in a basement with an insurance salesman for 3 days. That would be different....lol

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: September 18, 2008, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I wonder what a shrink would think of this thread title and poll choices.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
                Wilson
                United States
                Member #54516
                August 21, 2007
                2802 Posts
                Posted: September 18, 2008, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

rub his hands together in greedy glee.....because in some form or another..we've all got "problems" and he most likely could get a govt. grant to do a study on folks like us.

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: September 18, 2008, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

lol coin toss, it says more about me than people here in LP. i jut added what i thought would be my personal nightmare results from my lotto addiction. After reading what can go wrong, i wouldnt like any of it to happen, and maybe the subject title was a bit over the top. But yeah a shrink would have  his thesis and a lifes work from studying lotto addicts.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                    Member #33588
                    February 22, 2006
                    2068 Posts
                    Posted: September 19, 2008, 5:06 am - IP Logged

lol coin toss, it says more about me than people here in LP. i jut added what i thought would be my personal nightmare results from my lotto addiction. After reading what can go wrong, i wouldnt like any of it to happen, and maybe the subject title was a bit over the top. But yeah a shrink would have  his thesis and a lifes work from studying lotto addicts.

I hope know one should pull the  triger for the sake of loosing. Life is precioius preserve it. This thread is very sad were you feeling down when you started this thread ?  You are admitting that you are addicted to the lottrey. This is no laughing matter please get some assistant and stay strong. Many blessing to you ! 

adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: September 19, 2008, 6:44 am - IP Logged

hey im alright big, i ticked non of the above after all.  I think anyone who hangs around a lottery forum and posts daily can be said to have a lotto addiction , it doesnt mean they need help.

i should have asked what else would be really bad.

i  can think of having the missus divorce you and taking half, plus child support.

depositing winnings in a joint bank account , and having other half withdraw it all and running off with their lover!

setting up a trust account with a repected lawyer type  guy and having the trustee running off with his secretary and all your cash.

you real concern should be for the people who didnt tick non of the above but thanks anyhow.

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
                        Member #33588
                        February 22, 2006
                        2068 Posts
                        Posted: September 20, 2008, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

hey im alright big, i ticked non of the above after all.  I think anyone who hangs around a lottery forum and posts daily can be said to have a lotto addiction , it doesnt mean they need help.

i  can think of having the missus divorce you and taking half, plus child support.

depositing winnings in a joint bank account , and having other half withdraw it all and running off with their lover!

setting up a trust account with a repected lawyer type  guy and having the trustee running off with his secretary and all your cash.

you real concern should be for the people who didnt tick non of the above but thanks anyhow.

What is that you talking about lawyer and divorce and joint bank account and child support and trustee running away with secretary and all your cash are you talking about yourself or someone else ? you lost me there. A a lot of distortion and  mental instability i noticed, if you say you ok thats all that matter. Good day to you . 

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                          PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: September 21, 2008, 3:59 am - IP Logged

I would pull the trigger if some crooks broke into my house after the win.

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                            Florence, Alabama
                            United States
                            Member #8658
                            November 13, 2004
                            1993 Posts
                            Posted: September 21, 2008, 4:27 am - IP Logged

I understand what you are saying here but to me it looks like you would be more apt to take out someone else rather then yourself.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: September 21, 2008, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

I agree. Kind of a morbid topic.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."