Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Avatars

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Shawn67.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
Member #45970
September 1, 2006
4763 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2008, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd, trivial I know, but do you have any immediate plans to update the avatar library? I've noticed that we have around 200 or so "small" and "cartoonish" looking avatars from Star Trek/Star Wars and various other very small cartoonish looking avatars that nobody uses. Couldn't we replace those with more up-to-date avatars? I know that we can always host our own, but a lot of people won't go to that trouble when they can just pick one off of here. Just a suggestion.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2008, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd, trivial I know, but do you have any immediate plans to update the avatar library? I've noticed that we have around 200 or so "small" and "cartoonish" looking avatars from Star Trek/Star Wars and various other very small cartoonish looking avatars that nobody uses. Couldn't we replace those with more up-to-date avatars? I know that we can always host our own, but a lot of people won't go to that trouble when they can just pick one off of here. Just a suggestion.

Sure, I've seen that myself, but just never placed much emphasis on it.  I would be happy to though.  The site supports avatars of up to 100x100 now (scaled down to 64x64 for Standard members), so we can host some really nice ones.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
      Member #45970
      September 1, 2006
      4763 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2008, 3:58 am - IP Logged

Great news Todd. I know this probably seems trivial, but I've noticed that "several" people use the same avatars to represent themselves (it's inevitable with this many members), but out of the several hundred or so avatars that we have, only a select handful are chosen by our members. I think we'd have a lot more individuals choosing "unique" avatars if we just had a larger selection of more "up-to-date" avatars capable of handling the web-sites new and improved capabilities. Thanks for all that you've done here Todd.