Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question regarding filters...

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 8 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Northern Ohio
United States
Member #63551
August 1, 2008
203 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2008, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Hi all,

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while. All this talk about gap systems as filters just aroused my curiousity again. Although I'm diligently developing my system knowing not nearly as much as the rest of you, I'm of the school that believes in elimination rather than prediction. To that extent, I was wondering if any of you could impart to me the fundamentals of filtering systems, besides the gap system? Particularly systems I could use in conjunction with the gap system. Anyone know any others?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2008, 6:50 am - IP Logged

The next one is a 'hot, warm, cold' filter. The specifics will vary by person.

At the core is the observation that rarely are the numbers all hot, all cold, etc.

That takes you down one of two paths - You either look for what happens often - a mix of H,W, & C (shotgun/big budget) or you go for the rare thing - all H, all W, or all C - biding your cash (low buget/rifle).

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: September 18, 2008, 7:12 am - IP Logged

then there is odd even split, or total sum

add all the lotto numbers drawn together and thats the sum.  some belive you should go for a sum that falls in the avg

odd even split is 3 odd 3 even 2 odd 4 even etc. some say u should have 3 /3  as its most common.

theres 2 filters i know

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23265 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2008, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Hi all,

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while. All this talk about gap systems as filters just aroused my curiousity again. Although I'm diligently developing my system knowing not nearly as much as the rest of you, I'm of the school that believes in elimination rather than prediction. To that extent, I was wondering if any of you could impart to me the fundamentals of filtering systems, besides the gap system? Particularly systems I could use in conjunction with the gap system. Anyone know any others?

You didn't mention what game you're talking about.  For Pick 5 and Pick 6, check out the Full Wheels page (any Full wheel for the game).  For Pick 3 or Pick 4 check out the the Deflate 3 or Deflate 4 page.

As a standard member, you can't actually use the page (although you can try it out), but it will give you lots of ideas about different filters to try.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
          Member #5599
          July 13, 2004
          1185 Posts
          Posted: September 18, 2008, 8:40 am - IP Logged

Hi,

Try this link:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread.aspx?tp=175661&q=JKING&rp=search&get=1047222

You will find a few different filter types listed if you read through the topic.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Northern Ohio
            United States
            Member #63551
            August 1, 2008
            203 Posts
            Posted: September 18, 2008, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Thanks for all the filter suggestions, all. I've been experimenting with odd/even, sum, and hot/cold.

Todd, sorry, I was specifically referring to the multi state jackpot games, specificially Mega Millions.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23265 Posts
              Posted: September 18, 2008, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for all the filter suggestions, all. I've been experimenting with odd/even, sum, and hot/cold.

Todd, sorry, I was specifically referring to the multi state jackpot games, specificially Mega Millions.

OK, you should be able to get some great ideas for Mega Millions filters on any Pick 5 Full Wheels page.  (When dealing with Mega Millions, the vast majority of your focus should be on the first 5 numbers.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: September 18, 2008, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Try this link:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread.aspx?tp=175661&q=JKING&rp=search&get=1047222

You will find a few different filter types listed if you read through the topic.

Hmm, I see nearly everything else I was going to add here is already ... over there. Big Grin

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: September 18, 2008, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

oh god, i looked at that link , it reminds me that trying to pick lotto leads to maddness.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1953 Posts
                    Posted: September 19, 2008, 3:13 am - IP Logged

Really, the bonus ball in Powerball and Mega Millions is a killer, which is why I decided to switch my system over to Hoosier Lotto, a Pick 6 game with all the numbers in the same pool.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Long Island, NY
                      United States
                      Member #57412
                      January 3, 2008
                      419 Posts
                      Posted: September 23, 2008, 1:43 am - IP Logged

I have alot of fun (and find interesting) creating my own multitude of filters.  I forgot what the Gap system is and don't care.

Why?  Cause I don't know anyone who is doing well with it consistently.  I recall only one thing about it.  It was another one of these confusing hard to explain...or poorly explained (my biggest beef with most LP posters) strategies.

I want a filter system that I could easily explain to a 10 year old.

Anyway, two of my favorite filters involve the fact that most every draw (of just about every type of game) always includes some new numbers.  If done accurately, this give you an opportunity to reliably eliminate numbers.

Problem with the hot/cold/warm thing is...you need a filter to filter some of those out. Dart throwing for most lacking intuition...feeling for numbers.

Another one I am working on....I call series numbers (I know someone else is using that name for another system..I don't care)   1, 11, 21, 31, 41 etc...is the 1's series. Get it?  2,12,22,32,42 etc is the 2's series. I sometimes find that these numbers perform in a more predictable fashion....as it relates to the hot/cold/warm strategy.  Example.  If 1,11,21, 41 have come out..the cold 31 will likely pop soon...and it usually does.

hennybogan's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                        McKinney/Texas
                        United States
                        Member #47363
                        November 1, 2006
                        706 Posts
                        Posted: October 18, 2008, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Check out the posts from LANTERN. In my opinion, he is the Filter Guru on LP. There is another LP poster

who tracks and filters ODD OR EVEN SUMS, and if you get that one correct - wow!!!!

Ephesians 3:20

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                          Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: October 18, 2008, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Check out the posts from LANTERN. In my opinion, he is the Filter Guru on LP. There is another LP poster

who tracks and filters ODD OR EVEN SUMS, and if you get that one correct - wow!!!!

Thanks!

I think that jackpot games' winning numbers are "Boxed" numbers, not straight-ones otherwise there would be very many more combinations to them, I am not into filters for those games, but at one time I was trying to develop some filters for those games for a program made by Harmen and did develp many of them, but due to there being too many filters developed and some perhaps too much work for Harmen (And perhaps also too hard for him to code into the program) to implement into his program, only some of them were put into his program from me, but he did put others also from himself and maybe also a few from other people, in the end the program had many filters into it, but that progam had some serious limitations, it could wheel only a very limited number of lines and I think that there were also one or more other problems, I can't remember, I do know that the program had no documentation and as you know filters are often very hard to figure out without the right information about them and their proper use.

No time soon will I again try to think and talk about filters for jackpot games, I do say that some filters are almost kind of universal and in some way or ways can be used for any or almost any kind of lottery games, hennybogan is right when He says that study of my filters posts will and or can help.

Good Luck!

Fernando.