Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Patterns on a play slip

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 8 years ago by MysteryMan424.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
reddog's avatar - patch
Greensboro, North Carolina
United States
Member #1616
June 5, 2003
1285 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2008, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Has any of you ever pondered the idea of wondering if there could be a program developed that could reconize a consistent pattern on , say , the mega million or the powerball play slip?  Or any of the games for that matter.  I don't have the computor programing knowledge but I know there are a bunch of you are  good in spreadsheet.  I just wonder if it is something worth tackling. I guess cash five would be the easiest with less blocks to put down on a spreadsheet.
We have always looked for patterns in numbers but maybe there is a pattern in patterns that could be reconized. Key in the dots on a cash 5 payslip for the past 20 or 30 drawings and maybe the program could reconize a pattern that might come close on the playslip for the next draw.
Am I barking up the wrong tree or what?

reddog's avatar - patch
    United States
    Member #1616
    June 5, 2003
    1285 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2008, 7:25 am - IP Logged

Has any of you ever pondered the idea of wondering if there could be a program developed that could reconize a consistent pattern on , say , the mega million or the powerball play slip?  Or any of the games for that matter.  I don't have the computor programing knowledge but I know there are a bunch of you are  good in spreadsheet.  I just wonder if it is something worth tackling. I guess cash five would be the easiest with less blocks to put down on a spreadsheet.
    We have always looked for patterns in numbers but maybe there is a pattern in patterns that could be reconized. Key in the dots on a cash 5 payslip for the past 20 or 30 drawings and maybe the program could reconize a pattern that might come close on the playslip for the next draw.

The main thing would be to create the spread sheet like the actual number per lines would be like on the playslip.

1   2   3  4   5   6
    7   8   9 10 11 12
    13 14 15

so on and so on.

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2008, 7:55 am - IP Logged

You might find patterns that are similar, like seeing 3 or 4 number matches over some time, but to get an exact match, that elusive last number digit that would hit the JP would be as difficult as tracking the individual numbers themselves.

It's like saying you want to find a murder suspect by looking for fingerprints of similar criminals with the same fingerprints. It won't happen because no two individuals have the same exact fingerprint.

An interesting idea nonetheless. I'd like to see the results myself. Hey, maybe it could produce higher tier prizes than the old conventional methods.

Cheers 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2008, 9:48 am - IP Logged

The lottery gurus tell us that most winners form xsome kind of Z pattern on the playslip (even if you have to look at the playslip from different angles to see it).

Still, hitting the exact Z pattern or exact pattern for any given drawing is bucking astronomical odds.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

reddog's avatar - patch
          United States
          Member #1616
          June 5, 2003
          1285 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2008, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

You might find patterns that are similar, like seeing 3 or 4 number matches over some time, but to get an exact match, that elusive last number digit that would hit the JP would be as difficult as tracking the individual numbers themselves.

It's like saying you want to find a murder suspect by looking for fingerprints of similar criminals with the same fingerprints. It won't happen because no two individuals have the same exact fingerprint.

An interesting idea nonetheless. I'd like to see the results myself. Hey, maybe it could produce higher tier prizes than the old conventional methods.

Cheers 

It does make me want to say Hmmm.  I know it is a crazy idea but just like questions,,,, the only dumb idea is the idea that isn't asked to ponder.

US Flag

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19817 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2008, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

If there was some prevailing patterns on play slips for winning combinations for any of the games, they would be unique to their states since each state design their play slips differently for the same or similar games.  Most any good lottery program can compare winning combinations with each other for similar matches among them and matches of more than three numbers are rare.  Even when the spacing  (gaps) between sorted combinations are compared a repeat is seldom seen if at all.

In a game like MegaMillion when you compared the last 340 drawings since the last matrix change the match3 varied 0-5 and match4 0-1 and no match5.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7297 Posts
              Posted: September 26, 2008, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

The numbers on play slips are in numerical order, only five numbers are drawn so it would be easier to put the drawn numbers into a Delta or Spread and look for patterns. You could create a chart putting all 56 MM numbers into 56 randomly generated orders and it would have 56 rows and 56 columns with 3136 numbers. Check off the drawn numbers (280 check marks) and look for patterns where the five drawn numbers are connected horizontal, vertical, or diagonal.

I saw a method like this on a Fred Flintstone computer many years ago using the a pick-3 game. It color highlighted where each of the three digits were connected in one color and highlighted in another color other three digit combinations next to them. If 016 was the number, the program would show the three digit combo that was around it the most. I don't know if it worked, but those older computers cost about 4 grand so he must have been doing something right.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3102 Posts
                Posted: September 26, 2008, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Lotwin Lottery Line Builder is the only lottery software I've seen that filters for play slip patterns.  It looks at them three different ways horizontal and vertical.  While the filters vary from 8 to 11 choices only about 4 of these choices are expected often enough to be worth selecting.   Just as we know not to expect all six odd or all even numbers in a draw more often then roughly one time in a 100 draws, we don't expect all six numbers to appear on a play slip column horizontally or vertically.   BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19817 Posts
                  Posted: September 27, 2008, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Does Lotwin Lottery Line Builder filters for the play slips of each state?  I played PowerBall in Indiana and last year when I traveled to West Virgina I was going to play it in Kentucky and W.Va. and noticed each state had a play slip that was designed differently than the other two.

Evil Looking       

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: September 27, 2008, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I have photocopied the play slips of TN lotto five and back up and marked the winning tickets to see the patterns.   It took some time, but now updating is very easy.   

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

reddog's avatar - patch
                      United States
                      Member #1616
                      June 5, 2003
                      1285 Posts
                      Posted: September 28, 2008, 11:39 am - IP Logged

I have photocopied the play slips of TN lotto five and back up and marked the winning tickets to see the patterns.   It took some time, but now updating is very easy.   

I'm glad this subject I started is still being dicussed. I'll tell you one thing, if that Powerball hadn't been won last night in New Mexico I was going to playslip my a$$ off looking for some kind of pattern for Wed. night's up coming drawing.Big Smile
                      But for now I guess I will start with N.C. Cash 5 which only has 39 numbers and go from there.
                      It may sound like I am chasing a dream but I have to have that one ounce of HOPE to keep me in the game.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                        Member #5599
                        July 13, 2004
                        1184 Posts
                        Posted: October 7, 2008, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Hi,

Perhaps, Lotto ball stats loaded into a playslip. *S*

"CALIFORNIA""LAST TIME""10-GAME"
                        "5/39 GRID""PICKED""OCCURRENCES"
                        373839  5204  202 

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8360 Posts
                          Posted: October 7, 2008, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Ive done it for Maryland's bonus match 5 using excel for a few years now and the only thing i observed that meant anything was days where the numbers that came out yesterday sometimes the next day they skipped like if 1- 5- 12 -25 32 came out the next day they might have came out 2- 6- 11- 24- 33 or something similar. Sometimes there would be three slips. Ive seen several different patterns emerge but they were months or years apart.

The only time a pattern would duplicate itself is if the same numbers were drawn.... which rarely happens.

I've tried it with mega millions and it was worthless info to me to many numbers you could do almost the same thing by placing all the numbers in a column in excel and selecting ascending order. While you won't find patterns you will see if over the years certain numbers showed up that were nearly the same or close to the same over the range of numbers.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                            RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19817 Posts
                            Posted: October 7, 2008, 11:55 am - IP Logged

For Ohio Rolling Cash5, I went so far as to compare the gap patterns (space between numbers).  I searched the last 600 drawings and below is all that I found.  I once read about a ± (plus/minus) system where you just shift numbers a few positions up or down to get a winner and wanted to check it out.  Since numbers and spacing patterns seldom repeat, I've added a feature to my RNG to avoid repeating both.

08/03/07 -  08 09 12 20 24           
                            04/02/07 -  22 23 26 34 38

09/26/08 -  01 06 08 22 27
                            11/06/07 -  11 16 18 32 38

01/13/08 -  30 36 37 38 39
                            11/15/07 -  23 29 30 31 32

09/16/08 -  09 15 22 26 37
                            03/08/07 -  01 07 14 18 29

Evil Looking       

United Kingdom
                              Member #67319
                              November 23, 2008
                              227 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2008, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi reddog I am a newbie I am looking at one I have been checking it for a few years on UK Lotto you have to first make up a spreadsheet containg the  amount of balls in the Lotto concerned in the Florida it would be 53 for the numbers and one for the days and one for checking which I will come when you have taken the time to enter twelve lines 6 For Wed and 6 for Sat,if that is the days they play, dont forget I am in the UK so it may take a bit of time to show you what is going to happen once you practice this you will turn out all 6 numbers there is a way,let me now when you have entered the first 12 Lines and I will discuss it more this system uses the space where the number is going to come out, as a number cant come out without a space.

Good luck and please let me know when you are ready.

aberdeennut...