Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$180M Minnesota Powerball Winners to be on Inside Edition tomorrow. 9/25

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Lotto*Love.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DC81's avatar - batman39
MI
United States
Member #54830
August 31, 2007
985 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2008, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

I have NBC on and Inside Edition is still on, they showed a preview of their show tomorrow and it featured the winners talking about how they didn't need that much money and are apparently "giving it away".

That's basically the gist of it, check your local listings if you want to watch it tomorrow. They might also put the segment on their website in a couple days.

Here's the winners I'm "talking" about.

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/winners/2008/050608MN-Rosenau.shtm

You can't predict random.

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
    Inglewood
    United States
    Member #41769
    June 22, 2006
    122 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2008, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

I have NBC on and Inside Edition is still on, they showed a preview of their show tomorrow and it featured the winners talking about how they didn't need that much money and are apparently "giving it away".

That's basically the gist of it, check your local listings if you want to watch it tomorrow. They might also put the segment on their website in a couple days.

I'll look for it in the morning on NBC. No inside edition out here tonight.

Thanks

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
      Member #4121
      March 23, 2004
      817 Posts
      Posted: September 25, 2008, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Why? Why?  Say no to media!  Go into hiding!!!

PeacefulMan's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

United States
        Member #51079
        March 27, 2007
        1127 Posts
        Posted: September 25, 2008, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Man if they don't need that chedda, I will gladly take it off their hands!

LOL

Cool Peace Out Cool

DC81's avatar - batman39
          MI
          United States
          Member #54830
          August 31, 2007
          985 Posts
          Posted: September 26, 2008, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Here's the story.

http://insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyID=2155

You know, good for them, it's their money, but they're certainly going to become a target, more so with going public with their intentions.

You can't predict random.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
            Washington *state*
            United States
            Member #62009
            June 14, 2008
            192 Posts
            Posted: September 26, 2008, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I'm still not to sure about going public about money.  I'd feel like a target.  What would be the purpose? I know..I know..I LOVE to hear stories about the lottery.  And without stories like this, I wouldn't get the oppertunity to live vicariously lol.  But is it kind of a pat on the back thing?  I know lots of great LP members would naturally give to churches, and charity's and such...but I wouldn't want to go on tv and say "look what I did!"  What do you think?

Maybe they already had plans for what they were going to do if they ever hit it big.  Too much money..yes. I don't think I could spend that much! So ya, I'd have to have a plan to make things better for someone else.  Church first..then me.

Anyway, besides that..they seem like real good people and I hope they are living life in style. I hope to be doing that by next week when I receive my PB check lol

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!