Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Curse of the lottery

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 8 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Everywhere
United States
Member #65283
September 22, 2008
7 Posts
Posted: September 25, 2008, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys im watching THS INVESTIGATES ON E! on comcast! The theme is called "Curse of the Lottery". The description states, Lottery winners tell their stories. INluded: how fortune often leads to misfortune for thoe who receive the windfall.

ITS ON RIGHT NOW, 2:00PM Central Standard Time! Turn to it now, Old Jack is on there, lol, and the guy from Florida, LOL!

DC81's avatar - batman39
    MI
    United States
    Member #54830
    August 31, 2007
    985 Posts
    Posted: September 25, 2008, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks! Watching it, nothing new with Jack that I haven't heard before but looks like they're going to be going to get ol'David Edwards in there too. As well as the story about the winner who's brother hired a hitman to kill him.

You can't predict random.

DC81's avatar - batman39
      MI
      United States
      Member #54830
      August 31, 2007
      985 Posts
      Posted: September 25, 2008, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Ah, I've seen this before, but didn't tune in until they got to Billy Bob. All the "curse" stories have one thing in common in that they all had issues before they won and the win magnified it and their stupidity/lack of sense. It's funny how with all the bad stories they added one good one that has no sort of "curse" attached with it.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
        Washington *state*
        United States
        Member #62009
        June 14, 2008
        192 Posts
        Posted: September 25, 2008, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Oh those are good ones.  I used to have The Lottery Changed My Life 1,2, and 3....as well as Curse of the Lottery on DVR, but they somehow got erased.  I used to watch them over and over.  It was a total obsession lol. I think thats why my kids erased them. baaaa!

Ya, the Curse one has the story of that Robynn chick who won in Cali and got her boyfriend out of the Navy. No bad luck at all.  They did it the right way. I didn't know why they put that one in there unless it was just to show its not all bad if you do it right.  I wonder how they are doing now?  Its a good show to watch none the less just to get an idea of what NOT to do after you win.

Guys...stay away from strip clubs

Guys...stay away from women that are NOT your wives

Guys...don't buy stuff you don't need

Guys..watch out for your brothers lol

and girls.........

Don't drink and drive?

Was there only one girl in there? lol That hardly seems fair.  We mess up too.  I haven't seen any new shows lately though.  Maybe the show did some good and no one has messed up since.

But I'd love to see a Lottery Changed My Life 4! Hope they will make one.  If I don't win ever...at least I can see just what happens when you do!

I never had a wedding, so jetting off to Hawaii to get re-married would be wonderful for me!Hippy

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

Everywhere
          United States
          Member #65283
          September 22, 2008
          7 Posts
          Posted: September 25, 2008, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

This is my first time, I usually see "HOW THE LOTTERY CHANGED MY LIFE"!

It makes no sense how a millionaire businessman like jack, did foolish things with the windfall. I wonder if he has any money left after all the civil suits and his wife splitting on him?

This gets on my nerves, idiots like this always screw it all up, the money doesn't last when you spend lavishly, with no positive cashflow. Why can't one of us knowledgebale LP members win. I think it's all a curse to teach those who dream of riches; how money isn't everything. I wan't to win to invest, gain financial security, open up my own businesses, create jobs, give back to the community, and others who are needy, real talk. Until then, I will continue finishing up getting my accounting degree(2 semesters left),  keep my nose in stocks, great investment opportunities, the financial market, and work hard for it!

DC81's avatar - batman39
            MI
            United States
            Member #54830
            August 31, 2007
            985 Posts
            Posted: September 25, 2008, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, the last few winners weren't "cursed"...

Jack obviously had issues beforehand and those problems were greatly amplified with winning the money. It probably didn't help that he didn't move away and sell his business. It left him wide open for a lot of problems then he foolishly excessively spoiled his grand daughter and we know the results. I still find it weird how the lottery "ruined" his life yet he still played and almost one another jackpot.

Washington *state*
              United States
              Member #62009
              June 14, 2008
              192 Posts
              Posted: September 25, 2008, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

This is my first time, I usually see "HOW THE LOTTERY CHANGED MY LIFE"!

It makes no sense how a millionaire businessman like jack, did foolish things with the windfall. I wonder if he has any money left after all the civil suits and his wife splitting on him?

This gets on my nerves, idiots like this always screw it all up, the money doesn't last when you spend lavishly, with no positive cashflow. Why can't one of us knowledgebale LP members win. I think it's all a curse to teach those who dream of riches; how money isn't everything. I wan't to win to invest, gain financial security, open up my own businesses, create jobs, give back to the community, and others who are needy, real talk. Until then, I will continue finishing up getting my accounting degree(2 semesters left),  keep my nose in stocks, great investment opportunities, the financial market, and work hard for it!

If I heard correctly.....he was sued alot..both by clients through his business, and the father of the boy who died while partying with Jacks granddaughter.

There was a news clip like on youtube of him saying he is broke now because "someone" I believe hacked his bank account and took what was left.  I don't know what thats all about.  Maybe it was for a legit reason the money was taken out?

Anyway, he's hit total rock bottom now.  I feel sorry.

As for the spending and spending? I don't know why he did that.  From what I understand, he was already worth 3M with his business.  At that....comfort is the word.  Not like he was thinking "I could never spend before so I'm going to go crazy now!" I don't understand why he did it...though I heard he did give to a lot of people (church, Charities) which I give him props for.

Oh ya...Saturday?...Ya...I'm afraid Powerball is mine guys....ya...sorry about that......lol just kidding. I'd be lucky if I get my $10 back! Or even $2!

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

Washington *state*
                United States
                Member #62009
                June 14, 2008
                192 Posts
                Posted: September 25, 2008, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, the last few winners weren't "cursed"...

Jack obviously had issues beforehand and those problems were greatly amplified with winning the money. It probably didn't help that he didn't move away and sell his business. It left him wide open for a lot of problems then he foolishly excessively spoiled his grand daughter and we know the results. I still find it weird how the lottery "ruined" his life yet he still played and almost one another jackpot.

He almost won another jackpot? When?  Did I miss that on the show? Man...what luck. Wonder if he put down another $100 with that try.

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
                  Member #4121
                  March 23, 2004
                  817 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2008, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Oh those are good ones.  I used to have The Lottery Changed My Life 1,2, and 3....as well as Curse of the Lottery on DVR, but they somehow got erased.  I used to watch them over and over.  It was a total obsession lol. I think thats why my kids erased them. baaaa!

Ya, the Curse one has the story of that Robynn chick who won in Cali and got her boyfriend out of the Navy. No bad luck at all.  They did it the right way. I didn't know why they put that one in there unless it was just to show its not all bad if you do it right.  I wonder how they are doing now?  Its a good show to watch none the less just to get an idea of what NOT to do after you win.

Guys...stay away from strip clubs

Guys...stay away from women that are NOT your wives

Guys...don't buy stuff you don't need

Guys..watch out for your brothers lol

and girls.........

Don't drink and drive?

Was there only one girl in there? lol That hardly seems fair.  We mess up too.  I haven't seen any new shows lately though.  Maybe the show did some good and no one has messed up since.

But I'd love to see a Lottery Changed My Life 4! Hope they will make one.  If I don't win ever...at least I can see just what happens when you do!

I never had a wedding, so jetting off to Hawaii to get re-married would be wonderful for me!Hippy

Good advice, but it also good for everyone too.

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                    Member #60535
                    April 21, 2008
                    460 Posts
                    Posted: September 25, 2008, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

If I heard correctly.....he was sued alot..both by clients through his business, and the father of the boy who died while partying with Jacks granddaughter.

There was a news clip like on youtube of him saying he is broke now because "someone" I believe hacked his bank account and took what was left.  I don't know what thats all about.  Maybe it was for a legit reason the money was taken out?

Anyway, he's hit total rock bottom now.  I feel sorry.

As for the spending and spending? I don't know why he did that.  From what I understand, he was already worth 3M with his business.  At that....comfort is the word.  Not like he was thinking "I could never spend before so I'm going to go crazy now!" I don't understand why he did it...though I heard he did give to a lot of people (church, Charities) which I give him props for.

Oh ya...Saturday?...Ya...I'm afraid Powerball is mine guys....ya...sorry about that......lol just kidding. I'd be lucky if I get my $10 back! Or even $2!

you can have powerball if I can have the measly $3 million on FL lottery...but it's my birthday so I have to win, right??? LOL

DC81's avatar - batman39
                      MI
                      United States
                      Member #54830
                      August 31, 2007
                      985 Posts
                      Posted: September 25, 2008, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

He almost won another jackpot? When?  Did I miss that on the show? Man...what luck. Wonder if he put down another $100 with that try.

Yeah, he won $10,000 on a 4+1 match for Powerball earlier this year, I think there was a story here about it.

EDIT: Here's a link to a story on it, couldn't find it on here but I know it is somewhere.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/x1838288023

Washington *state*
                        United States
                        Member #62009
                        June 14, 2008
                        192 Posts
                        Posted: September 25, 2008, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

you can have powerball if I can have the measly $3 million on FL lottery...but it's my birthday so I have to win, right??? LOL

LOL Deal!  I'll even throw in to double your money.  $3M more just for your birthday! LOL

I hope everyone gets lucky on their birthdays....I tried and painfully lost. baaaaa!

I just wonder who really will win this weekend.  Boy, they don't know whats in store for em in a few days!

Everyone keep playing! It could be you!!!!!!!

OH! and. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Party

Washington *state*
                          United States
                          Member #62009
                          June 14, 2008
                          192 Posts
                          Posted: September 25, 2008, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, he won $10,000 on a 4+1 match for Powerball earlier this year, I think there was a story here about it.

EDIT: Here's a link to a story on it, couldn't find it on here but I know it is somewhere.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/x1838288023

ahhhh! Thats just not fair! If I can find the article, I'll read up on it.  What luck...I mean geez!

I can't even break even! lol

I wonder how much he put down for that win.  I know he used $100 for the big one.  I'm giving my hubby a $20 this weekend to try out in Idaho.  We don't have PB in Washington.  I've only played PB maybe 3 times all together.  Is it wise to do the power play?  I'm doing $10 qp's +power play for a total of $20 and call it good. 200M! OH MY GOODNESS!

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
                            Member #65357
                            September 25, 2008
                            96 Posts
                            Posted: September 27, 2008, 12:38 am - IP Logged

personally, i think powerplay is a rip off for more than 2 games.   

much rather have a 10mil:1 shot than a 20:1 at the big one.

the rest of the prizes are just chicken feed. Poke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: September 27, 2008, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

That show has been on a million times and they need to make a new one..Has anyone heard what Spunky the Witch is doing with his money??.....I guess his name is Spunky??......