Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Someone Validated My MM Ticket, Collected My $2.00 But I Still Have My MM Ticket

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 8 years ago by myzeus.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
myzeus's avatar - Apollo
Ohio
United States
Member #59677
March 24, 2008
78 Posts
Posted: September 28, 2008, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I took my signed Mega Millions ticket to cash it at the local Marathon Station. I handed it to the store clerk and she ran it through the terminal. She gave me a slip of paper from the terminal saying that my "ticket had been already validated at this terminal." The store clerk told me to call the Ohio Lottery 800 number.

I had won $2.00 on this $5.00 MM ticket and did not get to collect my $2.00 because someone else took my $2.00.

I don't trust the store clerk and I think she took my $2.00. She knew she could not use my MM ticket because I had signed it with my signature. So now I have to go through the Ohio Lottery to get my $2.00 returned to me.

Don't trust the store clerks out there.

Sandy

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8790 Posts
    Posted: September 28, 2008, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

At least you signed it. Thumbs Up

Even if it was signed and she did not return the actual ticket it still can be cashed as the prize level for the ticket can be cashed at the store.

edit here.

Even if the ticket was returned to you the lottery machine would punch out a payslip for that ticket. The payslip ticket was kept and the actual ticket returned to you.

When I cash tickets  the terminal punches out the prize to payout.

Thats the way I see it anyhow.

WHATT

myzeus's avatar - Apollo
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #59677
      March 24, 2008
      78 Posts
      Posted: September 28, 2008, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

At least you signed it. Thumbs Up

Even if it was signed and she did not return the actual ticket it still can be cashed as the prize level for the ticket can be cashed at the store.

edit here.

Even if the ticket was returned to you the lottery machine would punch out a payslip for that ticket. The payslip ticket was kept and the actual ticket returned to you.

When I cash tickets  the terminal punches out the prize to payout.

Thats the way I see it anyhow.

The store clerk returned my MM ticket with a payslip that said, "Ticket was already validated from this terminal." Looks like she ran it through twice then. The first one she kept and the second one she gave back to me. She knew she could not use my MM ticket because I had signed it. I bet the store manager will wonder where the MM ticket is to account for the $2.00 the store clerk took from me.

Mondy, I will contact the Ohio Lottery and tell them what happened. 

Sandy

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8790 Posts
        Posted: September 28, 2008, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

quoted from other post.

"I handed it to the store clerk who ran it through the terminal. She handed me a slip of paper from the terminal that said, "Ticket was already validated at this terminal." And she did not give me my $2.00. She handed my signed MM ticket back to me and told me to contact the 800 number to the Ohio Lottery."

"Ticket was already validated at this terminal."

Maybe she ran it the first time for the payslip. $2.00

Then ran it a second time to get "Ticket was already validated at this terminal."

The Ohio lottery could check the time for those two transactions.

Maybe they think you would not bother calling the lottery for the $2.00

WHATT

myzeus's avatar - Apollo
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #59677
          March 24, 2008
          78 Posts
          Posted: September 28, 2008, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

quoted from other post.

"I handed it to the store clerk who ran it through the terminal. She handed me a slip of paper from the terminal that said, "Ticket was already validated at this terminal." And she did not give me my $2.00. She handed my signed MM ticket back to me and told me to contact the 800 number to the Ohio Lottery."

"Ticket was already validated at this terminal."

Maybe she ran it the first time for the payslip. $2.00

Then ran it a second time to get "Ticket was already validated at this terminal."

The Ohio lottery could check the time for those two transactions.

Maybe they think you would not bother calling the lottery for the $2.00

That store clerk might think that I would not bother calling the Ohio Lottery. She's going to be in for a surprise when the Lottery officials contact the store. I hate theives. She needs to be stopped. I don't like people stealing money from me.

Sandy

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19816 Posts
            Posted: September 28, 2008, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

When I validate and cash my tickets, the terminal not only print out a pay slip but it also print PAID on my ticket.  One time I took a ticket to a place where the clerk was new, it didn't print PAID on my ticket and printed out a pay slip for more than I won.  I told the clerk about the mistake and she had the manger recheck it.

The pay slip was for a ticket checked earlier and she didn't clear the terminal before checking my ticket.  The manager told her she was suppose to check the serial numbers on the ticket and pay slip and make sure they were the same before paying a customer.  With all the trouble when I thought about it I should have taken the $10 instead or complaining to get my $2.  The player who should have gotten $10 probably never got anything.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

myzeus's avatar - Apollo
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #59677
              March 24, 2008
              78 Posts
              Posted: September 28, 2008, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

When I validate and cash my tickets, the terminal not only print out a pay slip but it also print PAID on my ticket.  One time I took a ticket to a place where the clerk was new, it didn't print PAID on my ticket and printed out a pay slip for more than I won.  I told the clerk about the mistake and she had the manger recheck it.

The pay slip was for a ticket checked earlier and she didn't clear the terminal before checking my ticket.  The manager told her she was suppose to check the serial numbers on the ticket and pay slip and make sure they were the same before paying a customer.  With all the trouble when I thought about it I should have taken the $10 instead or complaining to get my $2.  The player who should have gotten $10 probably never got anything.

What an experience you had. I guess mistakes do happen.

This has happened to me 2 different times with 2 different store clerks at the same store. The store clerk that took care of me today was not new, so she knew what she was doing. When I kept asking questions about where was my $2.00, she and another clerk started to get irritated with me. I think that store clerk took my $2.00 somehow. On Monday, I will be calling the Ohio Lottery. I just want the $2.00 that I won.

Sandy

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19816 Posts
                Posted: September 28, 2008, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

What an experience you had. I guess mistakes do happen.

This has happened to me 2 different times with 2 different store clerks at the same store. The store clerk that took care of me today was not new, so she knew what she was doing. When I kept asking questions about where was my $2.00, she and another clerk started to get irritated with me. I think that store clerk took my $2.00 somehow. On Monday, I will be calling the Ohio Lottery. I just want the $2.00 that I won.

If you are going to call the lottery, remember the time you tried to cash in your ticket so they can tell if it was validated about the same time.  Chances are if the ticket was validated as the same time you checked it, the clerk could be at fault but if it was some time before you came in, it might be an error in the system.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

myzeus's avatar - Apollo
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #59677
                  March 24, 2008
                  78 Posts
                  Posted: September 28, 2008, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

If you are going to call the lottery, remember the time you tried to cash in your ticket so they can tell if it was validated about the same time.  Chances are if the ticket was validated as the same time you checked it, the clerk could be at fault but if it was some time before you came in, it might be an error in the system.

Thanks for your advice. I have the date & time printed on the slip of paper she gave back to me. I'll see if the lottery officials can check the date & time of validation. To me, it looks like the store clerk took my $2.00 winnings and I'll tell the lottery officials that. Thanks again for your help.

Sandy

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5114 Posts
                    Posted: October 1, 2008, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your advice. I have the date & time printed on the slip of paper she gave back to me. I'll see if the lottery officials can check the date & time of validation. To me, it looks like the store clerk took my $2.00 winnings and I'll tell the lottery officials that. Thanks again for your help.

ea ta Brutis^!^>>>>>!!!!!

don't let dis happen again

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lol

PSYKOMO             Jack-in-the-Box

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: October 1, 2008, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Why do people have problems cashing tickets?..I never do..I cash a ta store,Krogers, where I buy my tickets and they know me and I can trust them..I buy tickets from other stores but if they hit I go to my Kroger store to cash them..There is NO reason to have a problem cashing a ticket even for 2.00..

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
                        Member #4121
                        March 23, 2004
                        817 Posts
                        Posted: October 1, 2008, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Let it pass my friend.  Maybe its time to change lottery stores.  Just be thankful it wasn't the $200 Million powerball jackpot.  

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2008, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Let it pass my friend.  Maybe its time to change lottery stores.  Just be thankful it wasn't the $200 Million powerball jackpot.  

Are you out of your mind ?

'Let it pass' ?

Do you think this is the first time the stunt has been pulled by this clerk ?

It adds up when you can easily pocket small multiples of $2, to $7 tickets, so definitely do NOT just 'let it pass'.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: October 3, 2008, 1:50 am - IP Logged

yeah let us know what happens when u call or email your state lotto.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Young Harris, GA
                              United States
                              Member #43629
                              July 22, 2006
                              4 Posts
                              Posted: October 3, 2008, 2:06 am - IP Logged

I am a store clerk in Georgia, and I don't know how the validation thing works in your state.   But in Georgia, we have to run a ticket through one time to check it.  If it is a winner, we have to run it through a second tiime to actually validate and cancel it (put the 'paid' stamp on it) before it can be paid.  Only after that will it show as already being paid, and I believe that one also shows a code for the terminal where it was cashed in, if different from the one I am using.