Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 4:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sorry, outage was out of my hands

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Avid Playa.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23348 Posts
Posted: October 3, 2008, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, but the entire data center was offline for the last three hours.  It was most likely a problem with their main network provider.

When something like that happens, there is nothing I can do but wait for them to restore service, just like when the power goes out in your house.

Just thought you might want to know....

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
    Dover, Delaware
    United States
    Member #26979
    November 25, 2005
    178 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2008, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, but the entire data center was offline for the last three hours.  It was most likely a problem with their main network provider.

When something like that happens, there is nothing I can do but wait for them to restore service, just like when the power goes out in your house.

Thanks ToddSee Ya!

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS   Ice Water 

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
      Member #91
      January 19, 2002
      12006 Posts
      Posted: October 3, 2008, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Whew!!  I thought my boss had locked me out of the website.....Hurray!

Thumbs Up

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

plshelpme's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
        Member #62239
        June 21, 2008
        24974 Posts
        Posted: October 3, 2008, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

Whew!!!! I thought my cell phone provider was letting me know I needed to pay my bill (hmmm I knew I sent a payment)!! Sprint will get you some times!!! LOL

*pls*

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2679 Posts
          Posted: October 3, 2008, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

DC81's avatar - batman39
            MI
            United States
            Member #54830
            August 31, 2007
            985 Posts
            Posted: October 3, 2008, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Good to know, I thought I had broken it when I was on earlier. Big Smile

You can't predict random.

Avid Playa's avatar - the eye.png
              Freeport, Grand Bahama
              Bahamas
              Member #57164
              December 20, 2007
              120 Posts
              Posted: October 3, 2008, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Damn, did that make me freakin' angry ... I knew exactly what time this happened because I was online reading about Lotterybraker's making his case for how State Lottery Officials cheat the public by doing "pre-tests"  and at the same time I was waiting for the mid-day number to be televised at 1:40 p.m. and guess what?  ... the cable channel all of a sudden lost its signal (only for that particular channel - all other channels were coming in perfectly!)  Then, Lotterypost's website switched out and the 'page expired' page came up and when I tried to reenter the site from the search page it had "Access denied" - but only on Lotterypost's website.  I could access every other website except Lotterypost. 

Now I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I came damn near close today - because I started to think:  "They don't want me to watch the number fall, and now they got Todd to boot me off of LP!

Well, I'm glad it's cleared up as far as LP is concerned - it was just an outage - but what bothers me still is that our cable channel here, for whatever reason, cuts to a screen that says "No signal" just two minutes prior to the mid-day ball being televised on WGN in Chicago and after the number falls, the channel comes back in again.  Now, what's up with that?  Makes one wonder.