Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions win in Washington, Michigan for $42 millions.

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Piaceri.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Washington,Michigan
United States
Member #11416
February 13, 2005
595 Posts
Posted: October 4, 2008, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

One ticket matched all six numbers in the Friday, October 3, 2008, Mega Millions drawing to win the estimated $42 million jackpot. The winning ticket was purchased in Washington, Michigan.

My dad brough $5 ticket. Im going to see later if he won. My dad like my couisn won. He buys tickets in Washington, Michigan.

Im soo happy someone from my area won. I hope my couisn win. We will see later who won.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
    Washington *state*
    United States
    Member #62009
    June 14, 2008
    192 Posts
    Posted: October 4, 2008, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Michigan won? I AM SHOCKED!!!>>>>>>>>NOT! LOL

Guess your up next OHIO! lol

I wish the winners well.....Maybe next time it will be MINE! ..or at least Washington state. hehe

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
      Member #38687
      May 3, 2006
      315 Posts
      Posted: October 5, 2008, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Massachusetts is waaaaaaaaaaay overdue for a hit on MM.

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

DC81's avatar - batman39
        MI
        United States
        Member #54830
        August 31, 2007
        985 Posts
        Posted: October 5, 2008, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Well, that's three winners in southern Michigan now, don't anyone else in this state will win for awhile and of course if someone does it'll probably be again in that part of the state. I'd say that it was interesting on how each location is almost off the same interstate but I guess not too surprising since each one is in a highly populated area with one in the south west part of Michigan (Grand Rapids area) and the other two are in the southeast/Detroit area of the state which I know makes up a large portion of the state's population. It'd just be nice if we could get a winner a bit further north, like my area, with me winning it. Big Smile I'm kind of bored so I'm going to look up some Michigan MM winners and see if any of them weren't from the southern part of the Lower Peninsula.

I see from MM's site that last month's 15M winner from Ohio came forward and took the annuity.. Good for him since now he can pay for is education.

EDIT: Just noticed with playing with Google Maps that Washington is right next to Shelby Township which is where where one of the winning tickets of the former record $363M Big Game jackpot from 2000 was won, actually it might be better to just call it the same area since both share the same main road apparently. They're only about three miles apart.

You can't predict random.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: October 5, 2008, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

There is a stretch of road in Wisconsin where something like 8 or 10 PB winners have purchased their tickets, this isn't something that is rare, really.

Northern Ohio
            United States
            Member #63551
            August 1, 2008
            203 Posts
            Posted: October 6, 2008, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Please, PLEASE let the next MM winner be in Ohio...

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: October 6, 2008, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Well, that's three winners in southern Michigan now, don't anyone else in this state will win for awhile and of course if someone does it'll probably be again in that part of the state. I'd say that it was interesting on how each location is almost off the same interstate but I guess not too surprising since each one is in a highly populated area with one in the south west part of Michigan (Grand Rapids area) and the other two are in the southeast/Detroit area of the state which I know makes up a large portion of the state's population. It'd just be nice if we could get a winner a bit further north, like my area, with me winning it. Big Smile I'm kind of bored so I'm going to look up some Michigan MM winners and see if any of them weren't from the southern part of the Lower Peninsula.

I see from MM's site that last month's 15M winner from Ohio came forward and took the annuity.. Good for him since now he can pay for is education.

EDIT: Just noticed with playing with Google Maps that Washington is right next to Shelby Township which is where where one of the winning tickets of the former record $363M Big Game jackpot from 2000 was won, actually it might be better to just call it the same area since both share the same main road apparently. They're only about three miles apart.

I bought 5 QPs at a gas station when I was in Shelby Township on Friday; not because I knew the area is lucky, but because I was hoping to get lucky. It doesn't really matter where we buy QPs when we only matched one or two numbers and no bonus number on $5 worth of tickets. There are thousands of lottery terminals selling MM tickets all over the country and I have no idea how anyone could determine which one of those terminals will sell the winning ticket and at what time.

On Friday I was in the right area but wasn't in the right place at the right time.

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: October 6, 2008, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Where did I say anything about determining which terminal will sell a winner? I was just bringing it up the fact that the majority of big winners are in the southern part of the state, especially the Detroit and surrounding area, for the obvious reason that it's also the most populated. It has nothing to do with anything but the reason being that a lot more tickets are bought there due to the higher population and traffic.. I also just found it a bit interesting that the same small area is where one of the two tickets was bought for a former record breaking jackpot.

DC81's avatar - batman39
                  MI
                  United States
                  Member #54830
                  August 31, 2007
                  985 Posts
                  Posted: October 6, 2008, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

There is a stretch of road in Wisconsin where something like 8 or 10 PB winners have purchased their tickets, this isn't something that is rare, really.

Most of the wins were from state lotteries, not Powerball though yeah, that store has had a couple Powerball winners though. My post was simply an observation.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7295 Posts
                    Posted: October 7, 2008, 2:29 am - IP Logged

Where did I say anything about determining which terminal will sell a winner? I was just bringing it up the fact that the majority of big winners are in the southern part of the state, especially the Detroit and surrounding area, for the obvious reason that it's also the most populated. It has nothing to do with anything but the reason being that a lot more tickets are bought there due to the higher population and traffic.. I also just found it a bit interesting that the same small area is where one of the two tickets was bought for a former record breaking jackpot.

"Where did I say anything about determining which terminal will sell a winner?"

I said I have no idea how anybody could choose which terminal would print out the jackpot winner, but never said it was your idea.

"I also just found it a bit interesting that the same small area is where one of the two tickets was bought for a former record breaking jackpot."

And I thought it was coincidence that I bought 5 QPs in the same area, probably less than 2 miles from the terminal that printed out the jackpot winner on the same day.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                      Republic of Texas
                      United States
                      Member #57557
                      January 9, 2008
                      1095 Posts
                      Posted: October 7, 2008, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Actually DC81, it would be nice if it hit somewhere halfway in between on that same stretch of road.  And since there seems to be a birthday trend with MM this year, my birthday has yet to come up this year.......

Party

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner