Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

p/3 prediction page

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 8 years ago by gsc5.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
joplin
United States
Member #45299
August 17, 2006
151 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2008, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I've notice that p/3 prediction page, success rate, seldom comes close to 1%.  Any ideas how that can be improved? 

What if you changed the format to say:  Limit the number of prediction to no more than 10 per day.

Do away with multi-state prediction.

Limit prediction to the state you reside in.

You could apply this to other lottery games as well.  I have a feeling the percentage of winning number would go up.  I could be wrong, what do you think?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23274 Posts
    Posted: October 10, 2008, 12:41 am - IP Logged

I've notice that p/3 prediction page, success rate, seldom comes close to 1%.  Any ideas how that can be improved? 

What if you changed the format to say:  Limit the number of prediction to no more than 10 per day.

Do away with multi-state prediction.

Limit prediction to the state you reside in.

You could apply this to other lottery games as well.  I have a feeling the percentage of winning number would go up.  I could be wrong, what do you think?

The one that matters is the prize ratio, not the hit ratio.  Hit ratio is more important when combined with other factors, not on its own.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
      Member #45970
      September 1, 2006
      4763 Posts
      Posted: October 10, 2008, 1:47 am - IP Logged

I personally think it's much more impressive when someone only posts 10-20 predictions for "1" state and is able to maintain a high prize ratio/hit ratio. Almost anyone can randomly choose 20 or more numbers and throw them out there for "all states" and hit somewhere!!

joplin
        United States
        Member #45299
        August 17, 2006
        151 Posts
        Posted: October 10, 2008, 9:17 am - IP Logged

One thing about it, this would send the prize ratio/hit ratio "right out the roof." 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23274 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2008, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

I personally think it's much more impressive when someone only posts 10-20 predictions for "1" state and is able to maintain a high prize ratio/hit ratio. Almost anyone can randomly choose 20 or more numbers and throw them out there for "all states" and hit somewhere!!

Everybody has something different that is personally impressive to them.  For example, I don't think there's anything "less impressive" to someone who is good at predicting numbers that hit in multiple states.  In fact, one could say there is a art form to doing that well.

Further, I would never imply that such people "throw numbers out there", especially when their statistics (i.e., money earned) are much higher.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
            Dallas, TX
            United States
            Member #60284
            April 12, 2008
            3856 Posts
            Posted: October 10, 2008, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

50 numbers is good. Allow enough for few different number sets that one may be testing at the same time.

I wish we can some how section off the tested ones without mixing them all in together. Say, we have 50 numbers as our limit, but I want to test 25 numbes on "system 1", and another 25 on "system 2" would like to know which system did the best with its own statistic, and combined ones with 50 numbers like we have now. This would make a great premium feature.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: October 11, 2008, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Make more accurate predictions.

joplin
                United States
                Member #45299
                August 17, 2006
                151 Posts
                Posted: October 11, 2008, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I want to thank you guys for your input.  No changes necessary.  For the most part, predictions run into the thousands monthly, with a prize ratio of around 50% plus or minus.  I did see one who only posted for the current month around 400 numbers, with a prize ratio of over 1100%.