Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sets to play

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 8 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Ramijami's avatar - wired shell.jpg
Cape Town
South Africa
Member #66343
October 23, 2008
115 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2008, 6:29 am - IP Logged

Hi Guys,

I'm new here so looking forward to getting some usefule advice.

My question is if there is a way to select numbers to play in multiple sets. I play in the South African 6/49 Lottery, 7 sets of 18 numbers per set, 6 lines for each set for a total of 42 lines per draw. I have been testing this since the beginning of this months and in the seven draws I played I have won with at least three numbers each time, but have only won more than I played once....and not much more. Is there a way to select sets of 18 numbers (or less) containing ALL 49 numbers to reduce odds and maximise my chances?? Any help/suggestions/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks Smile

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: October 24, 2008, 1:55 am - IP Logged

If you spray enough money on any gambling interest, you are bound to get something back.

For the games that you hit, are you tracking WHY those numbers hit ?    What made you pick them ?   If you have a 'system', what is failing for the numbers you are missing ?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3104 Posts
      Posted: October 24, 2008, 3:22 am - IP Logged

When you put roughly one third of the numbers into play you can expect to average one third of the winning numbers among them.   Some draws you will have one or none, others three or four, but two will be the average. 

While no method guarantees success, you would have some improvement in having winning numbers among those you are playing by using 48 of the 49 numbers in the minimum number of lines possible and making multiple sets of these with an eye to making "winning" combinations like those that win in your game.

BobP