Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's your lotto play style??

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 8 years ago by GamerMom.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

My lotto play style is...

Low risk - Low pay [ 4 ]  [6.45%]
Low risk - High pay [ 25 ]  [40.32%]
High risk - Low pay [ 6 ]  [9.68%]
High risk - High pay [ 10 ]  [16.13%]
Don't care, I just play! >_< [ 17 ]  [27.42%]
Total Valid Votes [ 62 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
Dallas, TX
United States
Member #60284
April 12, 2008
3856 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2008, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Just to see the performance of systems people are using, with low/high risk with low/high pay.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2008, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Low risk, high pay.

Gonna win.Big Smile

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8790 Posts
      Posted: November 3, 2008, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Low risk high pay.

As few numbers as possible for str8 hits.

My predictions  do not show few numbers but my personal plays are as few as possible.

Posting predictions is different from my actual play. The winning number may be in the list I post but with as many people who view the predictions they may pull out the winner for themself. I post my full workout with no filters. There are times I may point out a filter I see for the players to use if desired. It's a tough call to pull the actual winner down to just a few predictions.

MAGA

Dallas, TX
        United States
        Member #60284
        April 12, 2008
        3856 Posts
        Posted: November 3, 2008, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Low risk high pay.

As few numbers as possible for str8 hits.

My predictions  do not show few numbers but my personal plays are as few as possible.

Posting predictions is different from my actual play. The winning number may be in the list I post but with as many people who view the predictions they may pull out the winner for themself. I post my full workout with no filters. There are times I may point out a filter I see for the players to use if desired. It's a tough call to pull the actual winner down to just a few predictions.

Of course, the prediction list are for tests. Would you say your low risk high pay is a daily hit strategy or at least one hit per week?

JAP69's avatar - alas
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #6
          November 4, 2001
          8790 Posts
          Posted: November 3, 2008, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

Of course, the prediction list are for tests. Would you say your low risk high pay is a daily hit strategy or at least one hit per week?

My hit strategy is to be in the profit zone for the year. My plays are not a strategy where I need a hit daily or weekly. Just profit at the end of the year.

Gambling for me is not a full time desire. Only when extra cash is available. Cost of living comes first.

Some days I may play just one to five numbers or there are days I may not play at all.

MAGA

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: November 3, 2008, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

At the moment, I don't have much of a play style. I have won more money this year then I have ever before, but  I think it has more to do with being lucky with picking the right numbers, since I don't use a system. I also don't play a lot of numbers because I am on a budget. I have a certain amount that I can spend and I don't go over that.  I have to pick my numbers to fit the amount of money I can spend. So, my guess is that I am low risk with the hope of a high payout. Honestly though, I just play in the hopes of winning big!

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5121 Posts
              Posted: November 3, 2008, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Low risk, high pay.

WOW>>>>>>>how U do data GURU101:

@ the present UR winning the POLL>>>>>>>>>>2

HOPE U win a JACKPOT>>>>>>>>>S@@N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pur psyko is still try'n D high risk>high PAY $$$

LOL

psykomo

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: November 4, 2008, 12:19 am - IP Logged

The only prudent choice would be the low risk/high pay.

The other choices would not add up in the long run.

I just can't see why anyone would choose low risk/low pay. If you're going to choose low risk anyway, why not play for high pay? That's like saying..."I'm willing to lose only a buck to this bet, but it wouldn't matter too much if the payout was only a hundred bucks, even though it could be 500.

If you had two hills and both hills allowed you to use a gallon of gas to get to the top, and one hill had a gold watch waiting for you at the top, while the other had a pound of pure gold, which hill would you choose to climb?

The high risk/high pay doesen't make sense either. In this case, high risk means more spending, making the odds of winning with a substantial profit margin unattainable.

An interesting muse nontheless. Thanx.

L J1's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #54181
                  August 8, 2007
                  123 Posts
                  Posted: November 4, 2008, 6:02 am - IP Logged

I play the low risk / high pay for starters, then as my winning increase, I bump up the risk a little more for even higher pay, because of playing off the winnings and NOT my own pocket.

Until the winnings increase, I need to follow the rule of low risk / high pay.

MysteryMan424's avatar - batman22
                    Pelham NY
                    United States
                    Member #60411
                    April 16, 2008
                    169 Posts
                    Posted: November 6, 2008, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Polls Shmolls

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: November 8, 2008, 1:12 am - IP Logged

is there such a thing as low risk , high pay? and who would play high risk , low pay?

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                        Member #24439
                        October 22, 2005
                        638 Posts
                        Posted: November 8, 2008, 8:14 am - IP Logged

is there such a thing as low risk , high pay? and who would play high risk , low pay?

I agree. Low risk/high pay is wishful thinking. You spend a couple of dollars and win big. This is chance game afterall. The lotto is taking all our money the last time I checked.

I chose high risk/high pay. Spend a couple of grand win a couple of grand.

Dallas, TX
                          United States
                          Member #60284
                          April 12, 2008
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: November 8, 2008, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Couple of grand? Now, that's high risk high pay :D

beaudad's avatar - animaniacs26
                            Mid Atlantic States
                            United States
                            Member #60043
                            April 3, 2008
                            1422 Posts
                            Posted: November 8, 2008, 9:21 am - IP Logged

well it might be that A person might say I spenc 100 bucks a month and I win 50.........I spend 200 a month and I just win 50 back or I spend 100 a month and don't win anything back and then there's a month that I spend everything back that I won and have no profit at all...........or I average 150 a month spending and 2 months I win nothing back and then I win 300..............what kind of average is that...................????????...beaudad

Dallas, TX
                              United States
                              Member #60284
                              April 12, 2008
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: November 8, 2008, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

A. Low risk - Low pay        [ 3 ]        [7.50%]
                              B. Low risk - High pay     [ 18 ]      [45.00%]
                              C. High risk - Low pay     [ 4 ]      [10.00%]
                              D. High risk - High pay     [ 6 ]      [15.00%]
                              E. Don't care, I just play! >_<     [ 9 ]      [22.50%]

Interesting results. The logical way to play is indeed Low rish - High pay.

However, I was seeing if others are using a different playing method to collect small wins, in order to do this other level of risks are considered. This depends on the game type, pick 3 will have a different play method than pick 6 games. High risk on pick 3 will almost win while high risk on pick 6 will just be a small pintch at the odds.

One's definition on "Low/High" risk based on the amount of dollar placed on a set of numbers, and the difinition on "Low/High" pay is also in one's goal to obtain, long term or short term. Winning a jackpot is a short term, not a collective of small winnings adding up to big pile of cash at the end of the week/month/year. The difinitions are based on one's budget and their desired winning amount. Considering that there are some players just throw money and got lucky, usually its in range of low rish - high pay, for those lucky Mega winners.

A, C, and D are for long term players, those playing for profits.

A, and B are for short term players, for small and huge profits, but require lots of luck.

E, require 100x the luck. From no profit to huge profits, these players are usually new or does not have the time/energy in developing strategy.

Let's say you have developed a method to make profits off pick 4, however you would need to spend $3,000 per play to win $300, but you will never lose. This is C) High risk - Low pay. It is also D) High risk - High Pay in away when playing it for long term you will bank more, the risk is there, again you'll never lose.

My question now is, if you discovered a system for High Risk - Low Pay, but you'll never lose, would need 10x the investment to get 10% of the return would you do it? Risking $3,000 for $300 daily, 7 x 300 = $2,100/week x 4 = $8,400/mo x 12 = $100,800/yr