Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Illinois- Ball Drawings and RNG?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 8 years ago by cosmotravis.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2008, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Anyone who watches the drawings on WGN-TV, have you noticed that for the evening drawings they are showing the Pick3, Pick4, and Little Lotto as they always have (ball drawings) but on Lotto nights they are now saying, "The lotto results will be given later in the broadcast".

Have they went to an RNG for the Pick 6 and don't want to show it, or don't want people to know it?

Why else would they not be showing the Pick 6 drawing?

This is very curious and even suspicious.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2008, 9:39 am - IP Logged

These days I don't know why the lotteries can't at least do a live Internet stream, if broadcasting on TV is too expensive.  Not sure if that's the issue with thew Illinois drawings, but it certainly does seem like a good way to ensure fairness.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
      Member #65357
      September 25, 2008
      96 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2008, 10:44 am - IP Logged

MAYBE it has to do with this near record 14 million dollar jackpot

I have the feeling it's rigged.

why not have at least six drawings in one day and

use the one that nets them the most money.

notice the winners for the biggest j/pots in the last couple years,

were on a saturday.  hmmmmmmmm

SAT 02/09/08      $12.25 Million
      SAT 10/06/07      $13.50 Million
      SAT 07/28/07      $11.75 Million
      SAT 05/26/07      $11.25 Million
      SAT 09/30/06      $12.25 Million

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10348 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2008, 11:51 am - IP Logged

cosmotravis

Maybe that's a record since the Big Game and Mega Millions (the Big Game became Mega Millions).

Back in the 1980's someone hit the Illinois lotto for a $43,000,000 jackpot.

He was working as a printer and making $650 a week, good money back then, but he said he'd keep his job. That lasted about one month.

Interesting stat about Saturdays, good research!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2008, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Anyone who watches the drawings on WGN-TV, have you noticed that for the evening drawings they are showing the Pick3, Pick4, and Little Lotto as they always have (ball drawings) but on Lotto nights they are now saying, "The lotto results will be given later in the broadcast".

Have they went to an RNG for the Pick 6 and don't want to show it, or don't want people to know it?

Why else would they not be showing the Pick 6 drawing?

This is very curious and even suspicious.

When i want to find out what going on in our state lottery. I sit down and think about what i want to say and then make a telephone call to lottery HQ. If the first person cant answer my question i ask to speak to someone else i continue doing that until i get a precise answer. If all else fails i email the lottery director.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5118 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2008, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

When i want to find out what going on in our state lottery. I sit down and think about what i want to say and then make a telephone call to lottery HQ. If the first person cant answer my question i ask to speak to someone else i continue doing that until i get a precise answer. If all else fails i email the lottery director.

US Flag

WOW>>>WOW>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF U can't>>>>>>"TRUST"!!!!

UR GOD GOVERMENT????????

WHO KAN WE "TRUST"??????

US FlagUS FlagUS FlagUS FlagUS FlagUS Flag

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2008, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

four4me

As more than several here at LP have posted, often you never get an answer, or get a non-answer.....just a bunch of stats that don't even address the question asked.

Besides, with the Illinois lottery currently showing all drawings but the Pick 6, they could say anything they wanted and how would anyone prove different?

Lep

United States
                Member #65357
                September 25, 2008
                96 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2008, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

ct, if you get the number to HQ then please post it.   I'd like to call them and talk to the 8 dollar an hour secretery and ask some questions.   

it would be nice to see how much they take in over the period of non winning lottery jackpots.   personally, i hit three or four digits when the pots are smaller and numbers are more random.   but with these deltas over 20 , it's hard to win on a continual basis.

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10348 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2008, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

The Illinois Lottery hotline is 1-800-252-1775 (in Illinois only) then just listen to the options to talk to someone.

It's getting more curious, the normal format for the liive evening drawing is Pick 3, Pick 4, Little Lotto (all 7 days a week games) and then Lotto on Mon-Wed-Sat.

Tonight they showed the Pick 3, Pick 4, then skipped Little Lotto and went to Lotto. Then they aid the Little Lotto results would be shown later in the broadcast- they were, but just the reuslts, no drawing.

Lep

United States
                    Member #65357
                    September 25, 2008
                    96 Posts
                    Posted: November 7, 2008, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

going on my intuition of the IL lotto jackpot hitting on saturdays, i played a little more than usual.   

let's hope me or you hits it tomorrow.

starting to wonder if I'd have more of a chance of winning playing scratchoffs.  lol

chipp's avatar - starwars26
                      Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #797
                      October 19, 2002
                      661 Posts
                      Posted: November 8, 2008, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Haven't seen all of the broadcasts, but did notice they announced the results would be shown later.

Maybe they are down to one machine working properly, their website states:

"If the lotto drawing machine is not available due to a malfunction, the little lotto machine is reprogrammed for the lotto drawing. (If this occurs on a Monday,Wednesday,Saturday night the lotto drawing is conducted first using the little lotto machine, then the little lotto drawing machine is reprogrammed again for the little lotto drawing, which is conducted off-air by the auditors"

The most common problem seems to have been that the machine starts but the balls won't drop down.

Big jackpot tonight.

United States
                        Member #65357
                        September 25, 2008
                        96 Posts
                        Posted: November 9, 2008, 9:20 am - IP Logged

i'm betting they didn't show the drawing last nite

specially with numbers like these... 24-25-29-32-42-49

lopsided results, must be the sixth time in twelve draws now. 

for those of you that don't see it...   shuffle some playing cards,and try drawing six consecutive cards of the same color out of thedeck. 

Yap, the fix is in.

United States
                          Member #65357
                          September 25, 2008
                          96 Posts
                          Posted: November 11, 2008, 8:35 am - IP Logged

btw,   the drawings are on the wgntv website... look under news segments.   they need to show the dates, but if it's pretty recent >> then easy to find.