Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Michigan stuff

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 8 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Think's avatar - lightbulb
Marquette, MI
United States
Member #20541
August 20, 2005
705 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2008, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

There is a survey on the Michigan lottery website for a $10 raffle.  I also heard that Michigan is looking into something called boodle (or boodles ?) games.

I checked out the two different $10 raffles and they have those annoying 3rd prize levels of either $1000 or $777.  I say annoying because unless the prize is $25000 I dont want to have find some place to claim the prize and then sit there for four hours while they run the paperwork and get permission to cash it (no, I have never won $1000  but I have been told what a hassle it is by people who have).

Why cant they up the retailer payout to $1000 from $600?

Either that or  have third prizes of $250 or $377 with NO fourth prizes of $100 or $77

I haven't checked out boodle yet.

roseville, michigan
    United States
    Member #66405
    October 24, 2008
    3 Posts
    Posted: November 13, 2008, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

cashing tickets from $600 to $30,000 took less than 10 minutes for me at my lottery office(not the main). I have had this expierence only 3x for $2,600.  4 digit pay offs. So the amount of time you have to wait is not much. It is a check cut from a in state bank. So it should clear fast.

The reason store dont cash in tickets bigger...they would get robbed!!!!

be nice though. They could cash you ticket for cash and avoid paying taxes.(have to make it worth there while). like about 5% while .

johnph77's avatar - avatar
      CA
      United States
      Member #2987
      December 10, 2003
      832 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2008, 12:31 am - IP Logged

It's also reportable for Federal income tax purposes by law.

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2008, 1:25 am - IP Logged

There is a survey on the Michigan lottery website for a $10 raffle.  I also heard that Michigan is looking into something called boodle (or boodles ?) games.

I checked out the two different $10 raffles and they have those annoying 3rd prize levels of either $1000 or $777.  I say annoying because unless the prize is $25000 I dont want to have find some place to claim the prize and then sit there for four hours while they run the paperwork and get permission to cash it (no, I have never won $1000  but I have been told what a hassle it is by people who have).

Either that or  have third prizes of $250 or $377 with NO fourth prizes of $100 or $77

You wouldn't sit & wait for four hours for a thousand dollars?Thats $250 an hour,I don't know many people who could turn that down,I know I couldn't.If you win a $1000,send it to me,I'd probably sit and wait a couple of days for that kind of money.

Marquette, MI
          United States
          Member #20541
          August 20, 2005
          705 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2008, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

cashing tickets from $600 to $30,000 took less than 10 minutes for me at my lottery office(not the main). I have had this expierence only 3x for $2,600.  4 digit pay offs. So the amount of time you have to wait is not much. It is a check cut from a in state bank. So it should clear fast.

The reason store dont cash in tickets bigger...they would get robbed!!!!

be nice though. They could cash you ticket for cash and avoid paying taxes.(have to make it worth there while). like about 5% while .

Maybe, but we dont have a Michigan lottery office here anymore.  The state closed it years ago.

I would have to find a ticket cashing bank.  I am also told that the banks charge a percentage fee off the top to cash the ticket...I don't know as I have never had a win that big.

Marquette, MI
            United States
            Member #20541
            August 20, 2005
            705 Posts
            Posted: November 14, 2008, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

It's also reportable for Federal income tax purposes by law.

yep, every dollar you win is

Marquette, MI
              United States
              Member #20541
              August 20, 2005
              705 Posts
              Posted: November 14, 2008, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

You wouldn't sit & wait for four hours for a thousand dollars?Thats $250 an hour,I don't know many people who could turn that down,I know I couldn't.If you win a $1000,send it to me,I'd probably sit and wait a couple of days for that kind of money.

I don't know where you live but $1000 does not cover a months expenses here

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                MICHIGAN
                United States
                Member #65282
                September 22, 2008
                1992 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2008, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

I haven't checked out the games that u r referring to.  But anything over

$500 u take it to the lottery commission.   It takes maybe 15 minutes unless

there is a line.  Inkster Rd and Warren ave.  is very fast.  You see a lot of

older people cashing in their scratch-offs.  I went in a couple of months ago

and a guy had 35 $1.00 straight tickets.  Get this his granddaughter told

him to play the license plate on the car in front of them.   Came out straight

That what i call playing  to win.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5124 Posts
                  Posted: November 17, 2008, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

sorry<<<<Think:

IF U don't get a BAIL-OUT>>>>>>

D Lottery Post is UR "HOPE">>>>

BUT, tell UR friend's psykomo^^

is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"CRAZY"

I think o'bama will >>>

BAIL all U people out??

LOL>>>>>>>play QP'sssss

watch LP on U-TUBE>>>>!

PSYKOMO

fbird's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                    White Lake,Mi
                    United States
                    Member #1495
                    May 12, 2003
                    5546 Posts
                    Posted: November 17, 2008, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

I haven't checked out the games that u r referring to.  But anything over

$500 u take it to the lottery commission.   It takes maybe 15 minutes unless

there is a line.  Inkster Rd and Warren ave.  is very fast.  You see a lot of

older people cashing in their scratch-offs.  I went in a couple of months ago

and a guy had 35 $1.00 straight tickets.  Get this his granddaughter told

him to play the license plate on the car in front of them.   Came out straight

That what i call playing  to win.

actually it is over $600 before you have to claim anything for taxes and secondly...why on earth would any one take 35 $1.00 winning tickets , assumming they were 3 digit tickets, to the lottery office and pay taxes when you could go to 2 or 3 stores and do the same thing and pay NO taxes...DUH !!!!!    one store cashed 18 of mine one time ...so I know what I am talking about............

VAL

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow.

Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5124 Posts
                      Posted: November 17, 2008, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

sorry<<<<Think:

IF U don't get a BAIL-OUT>>>>>>

D Lottery Post is UR "HOPE">>>>

BUT, tell UR friend's psykomo^^

is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"CRAZY"

I think o'bama will >>>

BAIL all U people out??

LOL>>>>>>>play QP'sssss

watch LP on U-TUBE>>>>!

PSYKOMO

PSYKOMO>>>>>>>>>>>STAND'sssssssssssscorrected!!

TODD-TUBE (SOUND's G@@D)>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!

punch-up> "TODD-TUBE"!!

what ah >>>>>>>>>>>>>!!

"JACKPOT">>>>>>>>>>>>!!

2010>>>>>>>>>>2010>>>!!

psykomo