Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has something changed with MegaMillions?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Maryland
United States
Member #57021
December 14, 2007
1 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2008, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Up until August 15, 2008 more than half of every Mega Millions lottery drawing repeated a number drawn from the previous drawing. In the 25 drawings leading up to August 15, a number was repeated from the previous drawing 18 times. In the 25 drawings since August 15 a duplicate number has been drawn 3 times. I can look back over months of drawings and find that it generally averages out that half the time a winning number in this weeks drawing was a winning number in last weeks drawing. It seems really strange that we would have such a long stretch without very  many of those repeats. Is this just a fluke of mathematics or have the lottery peeps changed something?

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
    Dallas, TX
    United States
    Member #60284
    April 12, 2008
    3856 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2008, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Good observation. The numbers change all the time within the given numbers 1 - 56 for WB and 1 - 46 for MB. The trend will be hot for a period of time, and when we realize this we need to consider it into our usual methods of filter and selecting numbers, or we will miss out of the jackpot. There are multiple trends happening at the same time, repeating numbers, high and low numbers, odd and even, and sum range.

It's not a fluke, it is the way random numbers dance and right now they are dancing in repetition.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
      Member #91
      January 19, 2002
      11924 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2008, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

It's like a coin toss,,if it keeps coming up heads then the chances of tails showing up improve.  I said the chances, not the odds, which will always be 50/50.....

I'm looking for 1 to 2 repeat numbers and a set in sequence in this next draw.....(preferably the 55/56)

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2008, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

ollio

Mayb things balance out because for a month or so the Mega number seemed to be stuck in the 30's.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2008, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.