Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Really, really losing my interest in lottery

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2008, 4:18 am - IP Logged

No, I am not trolling.

I am a diabled vet and I have been working on my compensation case. The case was reopened and I am waiting for the decision next month. Interestingly, the evaluators really wanted to confirm that I am unable to work. (actually, I am not sure. I am going to school full-time and I have no plan to get a real job before graduation) They didn't inquire that much. They were happy to know that I am completely diabled (I am not sure I am. Wink Wink)

If I ever get 100% rating, I will receive 2500 bucks every month, plus the accumulated amount since April 2003, when my disability 'officially' started. If that happens I will get a huge amount of cash.

Moreover, I applied for SSDI last year. I am waiting for the administrative hearing. If I get 100% rating from VA, I will get approved for SSDI.

You know, seriously, if I get approved for both then I don't need to win a lottery, at least for a while.

I need some money for my own place. I need a steady flow of money for living expenses and stuff. I collect art books and movie DVDs. I need money to pay for art classes at art studios in LA area.

While I am waiting for the result, I came to realize that a few thousand dollars make a huge difference. Wanting to have millions of dollars became obscene to me.

The main reason to win the lottery is not for myself. I just need some money to live my life. The only reason to have millions of dollars is to help out good people around me and donate to agencies that cater disabled vets.

I will be really thankful if I get approved for VA compensation and SSDI. I don't need to win a lottery jackpot.

sfilippo's avatar - skull
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #33770
    February 24, 2006
    3146 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2008, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Interesting.

What type of ART are you going to pursue?

Smiley Steve

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8362 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2008, 11:31 am - IP Logged
      If your able to go to school full time what makes you think you could possibly win a case for 100% disability.
      being 100 percent disabled means unable to work perform even the simplest of tasks. Unless it's for mental issues. With the VA it would mean loss of limbs sight or any one or more of accumulated illnesses totaling 100% or more.  

100% VA rating for unemployablility means you have reached an age and are so disabled as to not be able to be trained for any type of work to sustain you income level.

Social security standards are even higher for them to give you a rating 100% you practically have to be bed ridden.

If you do get 100% disability from the VA In your state check to see it SSi isn't automatic. Meaning you won't have to wait the 3 years hire a lawyer and fight them in court.  

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        mymonthlypicks's avatar - spider
        Virginia Beach,Va
        United States
        Member #65378
        September 25, 2008
        1180 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2008, 12:59 pm - IP Logged
        If your able to go to school full time what makes you think you could possibly win a case for 100% disability.
        being 100 percent disabled means unable to work perform even the simplest of tasks. Unless it's for mental issues. With the VA it would mean loss of limbs sight or any one or more of accumulated illnesses totaling 100% or more.  

100% VA rating for unemployablility means you have reached an age and are so disabled as to not be able to be trained for any type of work to sustain you income level.

Social security standards are even higher for them to give you a rating 100% you practically have to be bed ridden.

If you do get 100% disability from the VA In your state check to see it SSi isn't automatic. Meaning you won't have to wait the 3 years hire a lawyer and fight them in court.  

That's not all true, To be 100% Disable means your not capable of preforming your job (Trade) at the same capability as you did b4 becoming Disable. Sure lots of time they do offer schools as a trade off for some type of trade for exchange for another Career

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8362 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2008, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

That's not all true, To be 100% Disable means your not capable of preforming your job (Trade) at the same capability as you did b4 becoming Disable. Sure lots of time they do offer schools as a trade off for some type of trade for exchange for another Career

whatever you say!!!! I've been down this road am still on it so to speak.

Like a knee might only be rated as 10% but if you have a total knee replacement through the VA you can be placed on 100% disability for a year. Get paid at that rate. After a year your knee might be rated at 15% or more depending on mobility. To get a 100% disability through the VA your condition or conditions must prevent you from seeking employment doing your job. Or you might be declared unemployable because of your age or condition. However all your disabilities must equal a 100 % or more. 

There is a VA website with all the information one needs. It can take anywhere from a month to three years or more for a simple upgrade in VA disability they have thousands of cases on the books yet to be looked at.

And when a person is trying for an upgrade in disability there are some cases where the disability one had has improved and they can lessen your rating.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23267 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2008, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

No, I am not trolling.

I am a diabled vet and I have been working on my compensation case. The case was reopened and I am waiting for the decision next month. Interestingly, the evaluators really wanted to confirm that I am unable to work. (actually, I am not sure. I am going to school full-time and I have no plan to get a real job before graduation) They didn't inquire that much. They were happy to know that I am completely diabled (I am not sure I am. Wink Wink)

If I ever get 100% rating, I will receive 2500 bucks every month, plus the accumulated amount since April 2003, when my disability 'officially' started. If that happens I will get a huge amount of cash.

Moreover, I applied for SSDI last year. I am waiting for the administrative hearing. If I get 100% rating from VA, I will get approved for SSDI.

You know, seriously, if I get approved for both then I don't need to win a lottery, at least for a while.

I need some money for my own place. I need a steady flow of money for living expenses and stuff. I collect art books and movie DVDs. I need money to pay for art classes at art studios in LA area.

While I am waiting for the result, I came to realize that a few thousand dollars make a huge difference. Wanting to have millions of dollars became obscene to me.

The main reason to win the lottery is not for myself. I just need some money to live my life. The only reason to have millions of dollars is to help out good people around me and donate to agencies that cater disabled vets.

I will be really thankful if I get approved for VA compensation and SSDI. I don't need to win a lottery jackpot.

This is something that would be fine in your blog, but really should not be in the forums.  The forums are for lottery-related posts only.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!