Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Maryland Players - Did you see?

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 8 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
Member #2217
September 1, 2003
985 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2008, 7:35 am - IP Logged

Did anyone happen to catch the Maryland Public Television (MPT) State Circle interview with the MD Lottery Director a few nights ago?  This, I believe, was a live interview in which the gist was how the bringing of slots to MD, the economy, etc., might impact MD Lottery sales.

When asked about loss of players, fewer winners, etc., he was quick to point out that MD has had "8 triples since August" and the quad 1111 which resulted in an automatic 7 million dollar liability.   Immediately after he mentioned the 7 million, the look on his face was that he had said something he was not supposed to.

I'm not sure if I've seen any payout ceilings mentioned for MD  (DE refuses to formally outline theirs).   I wonder if anyone else saw this and what their thoughts are.   The director made it sound like MD players are cleaning up.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2008, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

7 million payout is about 1400 straight for a dollar tickets i think that is the threshold limit when the amount of tickets purchased equals 7 million payout they shut down the number.

I didn't see that particular program but Buddy has always exaggerated his comments.

There are average payouts for midday and evening drawings. Cleaning up is hardly the word for it more people loose than win it's just a weird coincidence that they had so many triples and the one quad it happened almost twenty years ago also. In fact we need one more triple to tie for a record year.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.