Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

It's official, the lottery jackpot hates me.

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 8 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #54390
August 17, 2007
313 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2008, 4:18 am - IP Logged

I am in deep deep deep madness now.

Last night I dreamt of the numbers "9898" for the Michigan Daily 4.  I usually only play Daily 4 once a month and I usually pick the Evening method.  Well, I was an idiot. I bought the "9898" as Midday ....AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENS?  9898 WAS PICKED DURING THE EVENING. This was the first time I picked Midday!!!

There's $5,000 I could've won!!!!! 

well, lesson learned.  Pick both midday and evening!!!!!!!!!

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
    Kunming
    China
    Member #57910
    January 23, 2008
    3626 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2008, 5:53 am - IP Logged

Last night I dreamt of the numbers "9898" for the Michigan Daily 4.  I usually only play Daily 4 once a month and I usually pick the Evening method.  Well, I was an idiot. I bought the "9898" as Midday ....AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENS?  9898 WAS PICKED DURING THE EVENING. This was the first time I picked Midday!!!

My condolences to you. That realy sucks!!! Imagine if you would have put 5 dollars on it since it was a dream. Always treat it special. I hope you get it next time.

Play to win!

Michigan
      United States
      Member #59293
      March 12, 2008
      121 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2008, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

ouch that gotta hurt i missed winning $3000 once because i didnt play a number ive played for months and the day i didnt play it it came. what really sucked is i was at the store but i forgot well catch it next time.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2008, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Oh wow that hurts. Sorry you missed out on a big win.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
          Member #60337
          April 14, 2008
          153 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2008, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

GROUP  HUGGroup Hug    Hope you get another chance at it

United States
            Member #54390
            August 17, 2007
            313 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2008, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm pretty much a penny pincher. I love to save money and play games once in a while.  My car is very junky but I refuse to get a new one even though I have enough funds to buy a brand new car.  I told my friends that if I win Pick4 one of these days, I will buy a new car.  Wait until they hear about this story!!!!!

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
              MICHIGAN
              United States
              Member #65282
              September 22, 2008
              1992 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2008, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

I feel your PAIN!  It's holiday time and they will be pulling nubers out the

dirt.  Just like 8600 that fell in Midday today. Chair

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                CA
                United States
                Member #57222
                December 23, 2007
                587 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2008, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

All i can say is...

ouch!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2008, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't hate you.

12/14/2006 I played 1918 $3 straight and $2 str.box Midday MD. at that time I was playing same numbers day/night.

That night I wasn't paying attention and did not play my 1918 $5 night slip! Of course it came out!  $19,400 for a lapse in concentration................................

This past Saturday, I have to work, I'm in a hurry, I hand my slips to the clerk, she collects my money, I didn't total it to make sure she got them all, she missed one, of course, it was the one that had a hit on it, fortunately it was a box hit and not straight hit,  $400 not hit as opposed to $5,400 not hit because of not paying attention.

Bang Head

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                    Dallas, TX
                    United States
                    Member #60284
                    April 12, 2008
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2008, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

yeah, I missed out on a mega million jackpot few years back. Filled out the slip and put it in my pocket was going to purchase it then some friends came over and invited me out to a dinner party. I missed out on the jackpot, then I realized the party had no females...>_<

Entertaiment Capital
                      United States
                      Member #37800
                      April 19, 2006
                      302 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2008, 2:47 am - IP Logged

yeah, I missed out on a mega million jackpot few years back. Filled out the slip and put it in my pocket was going to purchase it then some friends came over and invited me out to a dinner party. I missed out on the jackpot, then I realized the party had no females...>_<

I feel deeply sorry for the OP. But there are worse cases. One guy is South Asia saw his dead grandma giving the winning numbers in his dream, and his wallet containing the winning ticket was stolen. And the lottery authority refused to pay him.

I saw six solid numbers in my dream. Twice. Those two sets of numbers never showed up and I don't play the lottery regularly anymore. I play only if SLP goes up to 40 millions and MM goes beyond 200 millions.

I'll be happy to know if any of you saw SOLID SIX numbers in your dreams.

The dreams also indicated me the mega numbers. But I really don't care.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: November 21, 2008, 2:32 am - IP Logged

welcome to the club