Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Finally

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by edlotto.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Navarre, Florida
United States
Member #12806
March 22, 2005
16 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2008, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I just heard the exciting news!  Florida is finally joining Powerball, I have waited 10 years for this moment to come and it's going to come on January 4th 2009.  I can assure you that Govenor Charlie Crist has saw the light, and alot of Florida lottery players are all thinking the time is now for Florida to join a multi-state lottery.  It is going to do alot of good for the state of Florida, I guarantee it.  And if that just wasn't exciting enough for you Floridians like myself, the Powerball drawings are going to take place here in Florida after being in Iowa for many years, it just dosen't get more exciting than that.

What's your take about Florida joining Powerball.

sfilippo's avatar - skull
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #33770
    February 24, 2006
    3146 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2008, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Well, I tell ya, edlotto...

Not too exicted about it, because the matrix is also changing and the odds are going up for a jackpot win.

But, for Floridians, it will be very exciting and new.

I didn't know the drawings were being moved there as well.

I guess, I'm a little down about the new matrix, but I'm glad for Florida!!!

Smiley Steve

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10354 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2008, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Just my $.02 but for a state lottery Florida gets some decent jackpots (granted, population comes in to play here).

The state lottery is a pick 6 and Powerball is a 5 + 1.

When Califronia was about to join Mega Millions the news hyped it up with potential $500,000,000 jackpots, that hasn't even been close to being approached yet.

Once Powerball is available in Florida the state lottery play wil fall off somewhat and the jackpots on the Florida lottery will fall off a lot more.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2008, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

I don't know why Florida insisted on holding the drawings in Florida before joining the Multi State Lottery,but I can live with it.I don't like the fact that they are changing the matrix and making it harder to win,but since the jackpots are predicted to be bigger,I can live with that,too.What I don't know is if they will continue to have live ball drawings or change over to RNG computer drawings.If they switch to RNG,I can't live with that.I'll quit playing Powerball and invest my money in the Megamillions game sold across the river in Illinois.

Navarre, Florida
          United States
          Member #12806
          March 22, 2005
          16 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2008, 4:30 am - IP Logged

Does anybody know exactly where in Florida will the Powerball drawings be held in.  I also heard that Arkansas will be having a lottery soon, does anybody know if Arkansas will be joining Powerball as well?