Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how many raffle tickets are you buying?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Steven948.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
Member #60535
April 21, 2008
460 Posts
Posted: November 30, 2008, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Several states are having some kind of end of the year raffle.  FLorida has one that will be making 9 lucky people millionares this year.  I bought 2 raffle tickets at $20 each and plan to buy at least 2 more. 

If your state does a raffle how many will you get?

Republic of Texas
    United States
    Member #57557
    January 9, 2008
    1095 Posts
    Posted: November 30, 2008, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

I bought one. I might buy another.  Michigan's current raffle has 6 $1 million winners out of 600k tickets. $20 each. I bought one early and got the $2 discount. The drawing is just after the new year.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

United States
      Member #58528
      February 18, 2008
      710 Posts
      Posted: November 30, 2008, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I bought one for the Missouri raffle that takes place in early January.I bought one for the Iowa raffle and one for the Illinois raffle earlier this year...didn't even come close to winning either one.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2008, 1:38 am - IP Logged

I bought one. I may buy another one, but I doubt it. I learned my lesson from last year. Last year, I bought 7 tickets and it cost me 70 bucks and I didn't win anything. (I never spend that much on the lottery at once.) I guess I got caught up in the excitement of Idaho finally getting a raffle. This year, I decided to do the sensible thing and only buy one ticket.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Michigan
          United States
          Member #59293
          March 12, 2008
          121 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2008, 6:10 am - IP Logged

I bought one. I may buy another one, but I doubt it. I learned my lesson from last year. Last year, I bought 7 tickets and it cost me 70 bucks and I didn't win anything. (I never spend that much on the lottery at once.) I guess I got caught up in the excitement of Idaho finally getting a raffle. This year, I decided to do the sensible thing and only buy one ticket.

good thing always buy one ticket. thats what i do. it only takes one. i work at a gas station and some guy came yesterday and bought $500 worth of raffle tickets at $20 each. So dont feel bad if he loses ill let you know!