Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning Pick 3 Ticket scans that it's "Not a Winner"!

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 8 years ago by autoprt.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Cincinnati
United States
Member #62985
July 15, 2008
32 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2008, 7:07 am - IP Logged

First, let me introduce myself.  My name is Tami.  I have been a member of LP for several months, and appreciate all of the time and valuable information each of you provide here.  Thank you.

Here is my situation:  I just starting playing Ohio Pick 3 & Pick 4 in late September 2008, so i wasn't all that great at checking numbers.  On October 16, 2008 I played 013 $1 boxed/straight. It fell straight that evening.  After searching numbers on old tickets yesterday, I realized it was a winner.  Or according to the information on Ohio State Lottery Website & Here, it was listed as the winning number.

I went to 2 retailers and had them check the ticket, both times it came up "not a winner"!  Can anyone advise me on what my next step should be?  It sure would be nice to have this money for Christmas.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to answer my question, and it has been a pleasure keeping up with everybody's post here at LP.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2008, 7:40 am - IP Logged

Hello Tami and welcome to LP! I would go to the official headquarters and have it checked out. I think they are the only ones who are going to be able to help you out with your ticket. The information below is what I think you need, but I'm not located in Ohio so I'm not sure. I hope you're able to get things sorted out.

Address:
    Ohio Lottery Commission
    615 W. Superior Ave.
    Cleveland, OH 44113

Call Us Toll-Free
    Customer Service Center 1-800-686-4208

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Cincinnati
      United States
      Member #62985
      July 15, 2008
      32 Posts
      Posted: December 2, 2008, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Thank you so much for the Speedy Reply.  I will get on the phone with someone, and figure this out.

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8790 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2008, 10:09 am - IP Logged

Check your ticket to see if it is for mid or eve draw or for both.

WHATT

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
          Kunming
          China
          Member #57910
          January 23, 2008
          3626 Posts
          Posted: December 2, 2008, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Check your ticket to see if it is for mid or eve draw or for both.

Check the DATE on the ticket and make sure you are looking at the right draw.

Play to win!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: December 2, 2008, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Thank you so much for the Speedy Reply.  I will get on the phone with someone, and figure this out.

You're welcome. I hope you get it sorted out.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
              Member #6363
              August 20, 2004
              4053 Posts
              Posted: December 2, 2008, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Hi Tami,

I agree with John, your ticket was probably for the midday game which was 108 instead of for the evening game which was 013.

It should say on your ticket which drawing the ticket was good for.

If not, I hope the mistake is in your favor. Thumbs Up

D_A

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Cincinnati
                United States
                Member #62985
                July 15, 2008
                32 Posts
                Posted: December 2, 2008, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Hi Tami,

I agree with John, your ticket was probably for the midday game which was 108 instead of for the evening game which was 013.

It should say on your ticket which drawing the ticket was good for.

If not, I hope the mistake is in your favor. Thumbs Up

D_A

Thank you all so much for your responses.  I called the Ohio Lottery Customer Service number and came to the conclusion that i had already cashed out on this ticket, but when i replayed at the same time for the next draw, the retailer gave me back the winning ticket. 

I remember winning a couple times in October, but couldn't remember the numbers i won on. I only redeem my winning tickets at one location, so when they told me where it was, i figured out what happened.

Once again, thank you to all at LP for your help.  I feel pretty dumb now that i know what really happened!

If i don't talk to you soon before Christmas, have a safe and happy holiday.Noel

autoprt's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                  Member #39356
                  May 14, 2006
                  44 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2008, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

for the most part the system is pretty accurate, a couple of times i just swore up and down i had a winning keno ticket only to find when i originally checked the game online i typed in the wrong number and ended up checking against a wrong game only to get to the store and told i wasn't a winner.

here in ga they have machines you can check your numbers yourself and it will tell you if you a winner or not if your state doesn't have this my suggestion is to always check your tickets online before giving it to a person at the store to check it because there have been instances of people pretending to check tickets and then keeping the prizes for themselves or giving it to a relative if its a larger prize.

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
                    Katy, Tx
                    United States
                    Member #67709
                    December 3, 2008
                    204 Posts
                    Posted: December 16, 2008, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Tam,What?

Don't ever go to a retailer with and money ticket...I learned the hard way here in Texas.. I had a Texas Two Step ticket, it had all the right numbers and I took it to a retailer that told me it was bad!!! I went to Lottery Headquarters and they said it had already been cashed!!!  My ticket was not good!!!  I was very depressed with the lottery after that mess.   I would have won $200.000 !Unhappy

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                      San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1394 Posts
                      Posted: December 16, 2008, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Tam,What?

Don't ever go to a retailer with and money ticket...I learned the hard way here in Texas.. I had a Texas Two Step ticket, it had all the right numbers and I took it to a retailer that told me it was bad!!! I went to Lottery Headquarters and they said it had already been cashed!!!  My ticket was not good!!!  I was very depressed with the lottery after that mess.   I would have won $200.000 !Unhappy

I'm curious.

Why did you have a retailer check your ticket?

You could have gone to the TX lottery website and confirmed you had a winner.

Being $200,000, you would have to go to a lottery office, probably in Houston, to collect.

You didn't say, but, is the lottery investigating to learn the circumstances surrounding the ticket?

Could be you were victimized by a store clerk who stole your ticket and cashed it himself.

autoprt's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                        Member #39356
                        May 14, 2006
                        44 Posts
                        Posted: December 21, 2008, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

this doesn't add up, to cash a $200,000 ticket has to be brought into office to be cashed. perhaps you mean $200?