Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numbers you'd hate

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 8 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3474 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2008, 11:53 am - IP Logged

31, 36, 38, 41, 44, 48

How many of you wouldn't like it if you got a QP and those numbers  were on it? All in the top half of the number pool, 4 even, and the last 3 numbers almost repeat the first 3 10 higher.  Somebody in NY just won $7 million (annuity value) with those numbers. I figured it would have been a QP, but it was a subscription, so they played that set for a full year.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2008, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Maybe the numbers are people's ages.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
      Member #58528
      February 18, 2008
      710 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2008, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

I've never met a number I didn't like.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
        CT
        United States
        Member #61398
        May 21, 2008
        781 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2008, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

I probably wouldn't pick something like that myself, but wouldn't be dissapointed if I got 'em on a QP.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8359 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2008, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Here  are some of the mega million numbers that were drawn since the last matrix change.

Any set of numbers no mater what they are have every bit of a chance of being drawn as any other set of numbers.

I will agree if i received a set of all high numbers like these i would think i didn't have a chance of winning but one never knows until the big dance.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
            Portland,Oregon
            United States
            Member #14387
            April 25, 2005
            229 Posts
            Posted: December 6, 2008, 1:59 am - IP Logged

I've never met a number I didn't like.

I Agree!  All high numbers, all low number, all even numbers, all odd number ... these events do occur in every game 

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

United States
              Member #54390
              August 17, 2007
              313 Posts
              Posted: December 6, 2008, 3:57 am - IP Logged

I will never do QP ever again.  Last week the machine picked 40,47,49,55,56 (4)

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: December 6, 2008, 4:09 am - IP Logged

I hate all sets of numbers that I get that aren't winners...

You can't predict random.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #1303
                  March 27, 2003
                  1508 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2008, 10:14 am - IP Logged

31, 36, 38, 41, 44, 48

How many of you wouldn't like it if you got a QP and those numbers  were on it? All in the top half of the number pool, 4 even, and the last 3 numbers almost repeat the first 3 10 higher.  Somebody in NY just won $7 million (annuity value) with those numbers. I figured it would have been a QP, but it was a subscription, so they played that set for a full year.

Any six numbers can be drawn on any given day.  However many lines are possible in a particular lottery, each has an equal chance of being drawn.  It's only over the long term that staistics come into play, so over a thousand draws or so, that combiination you mentioned would be a low percent play....but it certainly could be drawn during that time.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #57222
                    December 23, 2007
                    587 Posts
                    Posted: December 6, 2008, 11:24 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  All high numbers, all low number, all even numbers, all odd number ... these events do occur in every game 

The only numbers or rather sets I'd have a problem with are 1,2,3,4,5 mega number 6.  Or that type of pattern.  Although it can hit as easily as anything else, I would take issue if I were to get it on a qp and especially if it came up on a draw.  And if someone would hit with those numbers I would probably start thinkging that the lottery is fixed.  I know it sounds unreasonable but I would.

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3474 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2008, 3:37 am - IP Logged

I will never do QP ever again.  Last week the machine picked 40,47,49,55,56 (4)

Despite the winning numbers I posted, the ones posted by four4me, and the comments that every combination has the same chance of being drawn? Maddmike may not have met a number he didn't like, but there are plenty of combos I would avoid. They're just not the ones that so many players think are "bad" combos. By choosing numbers like your QP I can be fairly sure that  I've reduced the chances that another ticket will have the same combo. That gives me an equal chance of winning, and a better chance of being the only winner. I'm sure I'd have an even better chance if the 70% of players who do buy QP's would stop, and start choosing their own numbers. The real problem with QP's is that the RNG would be perfectly hapy to choose the same numbers that I do.

@coin toss: The numbers could be ages or a million other things. I'd certainly be interested to hear the winner explain how they were chosen.