Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I won $5 dollars

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 8 years ago by jessicalelle.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bondi Junction
Australia
Member #57242
December 24, 2007
1102 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2008, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I won it on a Massachusetts lottery game that I subscribe to. My point is why do they bother sending out checks for small prizes, I have won several small prizes $5 and $10. Why not credit small prizes, less that $200 or an amount chosen by the subscriber, to the subscribers account to be used upon renewal, or cashed if the subscriber chooses not to renew? That would be more efficient for the lottery and more convenient for subscribers.

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
    Katy, Tx
    United States
    Member #67709
    December 3, 2008
    204 Posts
    Posted: December 7, 2008, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Congratulation!Hyper  Every little bit helps.  Be thankul for small wins..

Texas Joey

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: December 7, 2008, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I won it on a Massachusetts lottery game that I subscribe to. My point is why do they bother sending out checks for small prizes, I have won several small prizes $5 and $10. Why not credit small prizes, less that $200 or an amount chosen by the subscriber, to the subscribers account to be used upon renewal, or cashed if the subscriber chooses not to renew? That would be more efficient for the lottery and more convenient for subscribers.

Have you suggested to them to do this? I doubt it will work, but you should email or call them and ask if they can add the smaller prizes to your subscription.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Litebets27's avatar - power
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #10465
        January 14, 2005
        6065 Posts
        Posted: December 7, 2008, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Have you suggested to them to do this? I doubt it will work, but you should email or call them and ask if they can add the smaller prizes to your subscription.

I totally agree with thescarychick. You may get a pleasant surprise from your local lottery administration in their response to the subject. Especially if they can find away to use the winning money as an advantage to them first before renewing your subscriptions. Unleast this would cause them to have to generate more work for them to keep up with the data from each persons' win.

Dropping a suggestion from them may only bring back a response that they will bring up the matter in future meetings with accounting.Green laugh

Good luck

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

lizette33's avatar - Lottery-066.jpg
          Brooklyn, NY
          United States
          Member #67820
          December 5, 2008
          4 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2008, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

For Mega Millions subscriptions, the NY lottery does this - you have the option of choosing to have anything under $10 credited to your account. (If you don't renew, they'll send a check for the balance at the end of your subscription.)

I'm not sure if they do this for the NY state lottery. (Not sure why they'd do one and not the other.)

I'd go ahead and suggest it - I can't see why they wouldn't agree.

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
            Member #65357
            September 25, 2008
            96 Posts
            Posted: December 9, 2008, 12:10 am - IP Logged

send them the suggestion

but since it's state run, the bonesheads don't know any different. lol

i'd be happy if they'd send a coupon for 5 bux to spend on more tickets.

but of course, someone in the office might get the idea to steal coupons.

which opens up more worms. ... bleh

crystaltips's avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
              London
              United Kingdom
              Member #58578
              February 20, 2008
              51 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2008, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations! Better than nowt. Smile

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay.

United States
                Member #67954
                December 9, 2008
                8 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2008, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

congratulations! a small win is still a win :P