Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

207 Million over.

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 8 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
aggiefury101's avatar - white face.jpg

United States
Member #67683
December 2, 2008
2 Posts
Posted: December 13, 2008, 3:59 am - IP Logged

Hi all, I'm new to playing the lottery and was trying hard for that 207 million. I have to admit after playing good money on tickets i'm a little discouraged after someone else won.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: December 13, 2008, 4:11 am - IP Logged

Hi all, I'm new to playing the lottery and was trying hard for that 207 million. I have to admit after playing good money on tickets i'm a little discouraged after someone else won.

Discouraged someone else won? You're right. The lottery is not for you. LOL.Approve

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: December 13, 2008, 5:00 am - IP Logged

I think everyone who bought tickets were trying to win just as hard as you. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2657 Posts
        Posted: December 13, 2008, 7:53 am - IP Logged

Roll Eyes someone in OHIO owes me a refund Mad

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
          Sunny California
          United States
          Member #63790
          August 8, 2008
          220 Posts
          Posted: December 13, 2008, 10:27 am - IP Logged

You have to be more optimistic. I'm just moving on and hoping that my luck changes so I can win the Super Lotto Plus in the next couple of weeks.

United States
            Member #58528
            February 18, 2008
            710 Posts
            Posted: December 13, 2008, 11:11 am - IP Logged

You buy your tickets and take your chances.Disapointment is part of the game.So is playing responsibly.I hope you didn't lose to much money.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: December 13, 2008, 11:25 am - IP Logged

I think everyone who bought tickets were trying to win just as hard as you. 

I Agree! Most people who buy tickets, buy them because they want to win.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
                The Great Smoky Mountains
                United States
                Member #59921
                March 31, 2008
                266 Posts
                Posted: December 13, 2008, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Im dissapointed alot then, I buy all the time but win less than 00000001% of the time, But its fun and you never know. Dont give up so soon.Your day is coming

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
                  The Great Smoky Mountains
                  United States
                  Member #59921
                  March 31, 2008
                  266 Posts
                  Posted: December 13, 2008, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Hey scarychick, Why dont you ever get on live chat on Sunday nights from 7-9 would love to chat with you. Cya Sunday.

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                    Dallas, TX
                    United States
                    Member #60284
                    April 12, 2008
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: December 13, 2008, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Only spent $5 on it :)

aggiefury101's avatar - white face.jpg

United States
                      Member #67683
                      December 2, 2008
                      2 Posts
                      Posted: December 13, 2008, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

I kinda forgot it is just a game. I was spending 40 bucks a play, but I can afford it trust me. I'll keep playing, but I think everyone has that feeling sometime.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10344 Posts
                        Posted: December 13, 2008, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

aggiefury101, everyone,

A man woke up at midnight a.m. one morning doubled over in pain.

He drove himself to the emergency room, and the doctor told him that he was born with three testicles and the third one had just descended. The doctor said it was a simple operation, but the guy said, "Operation? Doc, I'm a player and have been waiting for something like this all my life."

Since the bars were still open, he went into one, and there was only the bartender and one customer, but the guy thought, "Good enough."He bet the other guy that between him and the bartender, they had five testicles.

The other guy in the bar said, "This is so outlandish that I'm going to take you up on it", and puts $300 down on the bar. As the guy that was in the hospital is rreaching for his wallet, the bartender is saying, "Hey buddy...." but the guy keeps interrupting him.

The guy counts out three Franklins and put them on the bar, and the bartender is still saying,m "Hey buddy", but the guy doesn't let him say anything more.

They all look at each other, and the bartender looks at the guy who made the bet and said, "I hope you were born with four of them!"

Moral of the story:

There is no such thing as a lock!

Don't ever think of a lottery jackpot as anything more than a buck and a dream

Wink

(Don't set yourself up for disappointments, it's Lotto)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Lotto*Love's avatar - lips
                          Washington *state*
                          United States
                          Member #62009
                          June 14, 2008
                          192 Posts
                          Posted: December 13, 2008, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I kinda forgot it is just a game. I was spending 40 bucks a play, but I can afford it trust me. I'll keep playing, but I think everyone has that feeling sometime.

WO! $40 a play?  LOL I bet I spend $40 in a 2 month span lol.  I can't afford to spend a lot.  I bought $10 worth for this $207 jackpot and walked away with $3. 

I understand your frustration.  I too have it. I'm trying to change my ways because it just makes me bitter and feel sick all the time.  It's hard to do sometimes.

I try to think of it this way...when everyone buys their tickets..a  large majority say "why in the he!! do I even bother buying these, I never win anything."  Another percentage says, "I know I have the winning ticket! I just have had the feeling all week long!"  Everyone has a story behind their purchase, it's just the lucky one with the right ticket who gets to tell their story.

I'm thinking this person may have went in and bought with the hopes and dreams of landing that money only to probably walk out the store saying "ug...why do I even bother."  Now they are a millionaire.  And thats the reason why you buy your dollar for a dream.  That maybe you can be that one who gets lucky.

I bet if the winner did think like that, he now can see that it can happen..if your one of the lucky ones.  Of course I feel the same way.  I won't win...not even my money back.  I bought at the wrong time and the wrong place and of course...I'm in the wrong state lol seeing that Georgia, Ohio, and Michigan seem to be doing a tag team jackpot winner thing.  But.....you just never know.  Maybe one day you will hit.

Surrender You can run, but you can't hide mighty Jackpot...surrender to me at once!

myzeus's avatar - Apollo
                            Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #59677
                            March 24, 2008
                            78 Posts
                            Posted: December 13, 2008, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

I really needed that 207 MIL and I am around 130 miles away from Piqua, Ohio. I did win $6 with midday Ten-Oh today and took that $6 and rolled it back into evening Ten-Oh, I will see if I win more. I did make $12 off of Mega Millions though. I'll keep trying and someday I will win.Wink

Sandy

Entertaiment Capital
                              United States
                              Member #37800
                              April 19, 2006
                              302 Posts
                              Posted: December 14, 2008, 8:35 am - IP Logged

You have to realize that a few millions of dollars can make HUGE differences. You don't need to win 207millions at all. It will drag you into unwanted attentions and whatnot. The smaller the winning the easier to remain unseen. And you will surely love the anonymity.

I'd be happy to win more than a few million dollars because I want to help my family. Whenever the jackpot amount for SLP goes near 40millions I start buying the tickets. 17~18millions is pretty darn good you know. If you buy some healthy commercial property on a good spot at least you can have a nice stream of incomes. I can help my parents retire and buy houses for my sisters.