Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2 or 6 winners?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 8 years ago by mswiz777.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2008, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

I thought the people on LP would find this interesting.  I'm not sure I can post a link to the Florida Lottery website without violating any rules.

Go to the media center on the Florida site and read today's press release.  Last night when the numbers were selected, I found it odd that so many people hit a combination like this one. 19-21-23-30-36   When I read the press release today, I realized that one player must have played the same card 5 times since M&S Mart in Saint Petersburg is listed 5 times.  I've never seen this before.   The other winner who bought a ticket at Publix in Miami only gets 1/6 of the prize.

Either that, or the people who manage the Florida Lottery site goofed again (which is entirely possible)

sfilippo's avatar - skull
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #33770
    February 24, 2006
    3146 Posts
    Posted: December 14, 2008, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I just saw the news release at the Florida Lottery website.

Unless it's a misprint, I'd say one person played the same numbers five times.

Smiley Steve

mswiz777's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
      Va Beach
      United States
      Member #532
      August 2, 2002
      17705 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2008, 9:41 am - IP Logged

I thought the people on LP would find this interesting.  I'm not sure I can post a link to the Florida Lottery website without violating any rules.

Go to the media center on the Florida site and read today's press release.  Last night when the numbers were selected, I found it odd that so many people hit a combination like this one. 19-21-23-30-36   When I read the press release today, I realized that one player must have played the same card 5 times since M&S Mart in Saint Petersburg is listed 5 times.  I've never seen this before.   The other winner who bought a ticket at Publix in Miami only gets 1/6 of the prize.

Either that, or the people who manage the Florida Lottery site goofed again (which is entirely possible)

The same thing happen in Virginia saturday someone hit the number 14 times 10 13 18 23 30 for a $1.00.