Tennesse Lotto Plus= SCAM??
Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
March 1, 2007
|Posted: December 17, 2008, 11:40 am - IP Logged|
Just curious if anyone else here has noticed that this game "Lotto Plus" played in Tennessee has had only one jackpot winner? That sole winning ticker was drawn in the inaugural drawing back on March 11, 2008 for a $1 million prize.
The drawing this coming Friday will be roll-over #81!! I do not believe any other lottery game has gone that long in terms of drawings without having a grand prize winner.
The numbers are randomly picked by a dedicated computer system that apparently has no live connection to any other source. This jackpot now stands at $10.8 million having gotten there with most increments being $100k for each draw.
Does anyone else but myself detect a scam?
March 24, 2001
|Posted: December 17, 2008, 12:03 pm - IP Logged|
Sounds a lot like the Ohio Classic Lotto game (6/49). Its jackpot is $8.3M now and has gone 50 drawings without a hit since its last hit at $3.0M after 20 drawings without a hit. It still has ball drawings and usually goes up $100K after each drawing too.
Years ago Ohio Super Lotto (6/49) went up $4M after each drawing but that was before players had PowerBall and BigGame as an option. State game don't attract the players or the money they did years ago when there were fewer games to play and many players had to travel to another state to play . That's the reason most states have joined a multi-state game with larger jackpots to attract more players.
* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket *
February 12, 2006
|Posted: December 17, 2008, 12:31 pm - IP Logged|
the only scam is it only goes up 100k or 50ish in cash option each drawing!
its a rap off, they must be making a killing,
i wish they make it have it so each ticket sale like 25% goes to the jackpot,25 cents per ticket or something like that
April 14, 2008
|Posted: December 17, 2008, 1:56 pm - IP Logged|
Scam 's the word for all Tennessee Lottery,pick 3 pick 4 scratch offs .all of it All they do is play repeats.And no one will do anything about it,,,,SO WHY PLAY.....
April 13, 2005
|Posted: December 17, 2008, 2:03 pm - IP Logged|
Tennesssee lottery is getting to be ridiculous. It very hard to win anything. It is getting to the point I don't care very much for playing.
Zeta Reticuli Star System
January 17, 2006
|Posted: December 17, 2008, 2:06 pm - IP Logged|
The Indiana lottery (Pick 6) went over a year without being hit.
I think it's two drawings a week.
Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.
There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.
July 20, 2005
|Posted: December 17, 2008, 2:17 pm - IP Logged|
To me, anyone who willingly lays down hard earned money on a computer generated draw game deserves "Everything" they have coming to them!
So each and everyone of you people who do just that, "Don't have no reason to be pissing and moaning about not winning any money from a computer generated game format"! "NOT ONE OF YOU".
So, please do us all a favor and go cry somewhere else and to someone who might just care a tiny little bit!
Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true!
May 21, 2008
|Posted: December 17, 2008, 3:09 pm - IP Logged|
I would say that if we know they are 'just playing repeats', why not by tickets which are consisted of repeats? Figuring out it is a 'scam' would mean figuring out that it's not random. If you could prove it's not random, you could use the same proof to purchase tickets which fit within it's criteria and take full advantage of your findings. I would be THRILLED if I could prove any lottery was a scam...it would be much easier to profit from at that point.
The Great Smoky Mountains
March 31, 2008
|Posted: December 17, 2008, 6:59 pm - IP Logged|
Yes I have I even have posted a topic on it a couple weeks ago.. I buy $ 20.00 a week in lotto plus and have hit $ 50.00 once. So what are they waiting on I wish someone would win it.I live in Memphis
*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***
April 7, 2005
|Posted: December 18, 2008, 12:41 pm - IP Logged|
Lotto Plus is due to be hit. If it gets hit soon then the odds will be correct, for example if it gets hit at about 11 million and has been won twice then that's about right as far as the odds go for this particular game. I have been spending a lot of money on Lotto Plus thinking it is due, I too am ready for it to be hit, but I am not going to miss the next draw when I am certain a winner is almost inevitable. I don't know if Lotto Plus will ever get this high again.
October 16, 2005
|Posted: December 18, 2008, 1:10 pm - IP Logged|
It sounds like probability doing what probability does. I've got no idea how many tickets they sold for the first drawing, but I'll make some guesses to put it in perspective. If the jackpot has gone up 100k with each drawing they probably sell about 300k tickets for each drawing (based on the prize ratio of many JP games). The odds of winning are 1 in 7 million. If they sold 300k tickets for the first drawing they would have sold about 4% of possible combinations, and there would have been about a 4% chance of a winner. If they continued to sell 300 k tickets since then, there would have been about a 96% chance of a rollover for every individual drawing. That would make the chances of continuing to roll for 81 consecutive drawings almost 3.7%.
In reality there's a good chance they sold more tickets for the first drawing because it was new and started with an extra big (for that game) jackpot. The current JP suggests that they've sold somewhat more than 300k per drawing, so there may have been a better chance for the first winner and less chance for the rollover, but we're probably looking at no more than a 5 or 6% chance for the winner and at least a 2% chance for the long series of rollovers. Both are unlikely, and both are entirely possible.
December 7, 2006
|Posted: December 18, 2008, 1:17 pm - IP Logged|
I've noticed at the Tn. web-site, that a handful , 6 or 7, on average, get 5 outa 6 per draw.
so... somebody's doing something right, or there's a couple of really close quick-picks, per draw.
I've never gotten better than 3 outa 5, myself.
October 16, 2005
|Posted: December 19, 2008, 2:56 am - IP Logged|
The odds for 2nd place are about 1 in 31k, so that would suggest typical sales of about 220k tickets. If that's the case we should expect nearly a 97% chance of a roll, and about a 7.5% chance for 81 consecutive rolls. That makes the situation 75 times as likely as winning pick 3 straight.
Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
March 1, 2007
|Posted: December 29, 2008, 1:46 pm - IP Logged|
You definitely put quite a bit thought in your analysis ;-) This lotto plus game is due to roll again for the 84th consecutive drawing...roll over #100 isn't too far away.
San Diego, CA
February 12, 2008
|Posted: December 29, 2008, 6:17 pm - IP Logged|