Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tennesse Lotto Plus= SCAM??

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 8 years ago by JWBlue.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
United States
Member #50210
March 1, 2007
843 Posts
Posted: December 17, 2008, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Just curious if anyone else here has noticed that this game "Lotto Plus" played in Tennessee has  had only one jackpot winner? That sole winning ticker was drawn in the inaugural drawing back on March 11, 2008 for a $1 million prize.

The drawing this coming Friday will be roll-over #81!! I do not believe any other lottery game has gone that long in terms of drawings without having a grand prize winner.

The numbers are randomly picked by a dedicated computer system that apparently has no live connection to any other source. This jackpot now stands at $10.8 million having gotten there with most increments being $100k for each draw.

Does anyone else but myself detect a scam?   

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19900 Posts
    Posted: December 17, 2008, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Sounds a lot like the Ohio Classic Lotto game (6/49). Its jackpot is $8.3M now and has gone 50 drawings without a hit since its last hit at $3.0M after 20 drawings without a hit.  It still has ball drawings and usually goes up $100K after each drawing too. 

Years ago Ohio Super Lotto (6/49) went up $4M after each drawing but that was before players had PowerBall and BigGame as an option.  State game don't attract the players or the money they did years ago when there were fewer games to play and many players had to travel to another state to play .  That's the reason most states have joined a multi-state game with larger jackpots to attract more players.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
      Member #32537
      February 12, 2006
      698 Posts
      Posted: December 17, 2008, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

the only scam is it only goes  up 100k or 50ish in cash option each drawing!

its a rap off, they must be making a killing,

i wish they make it have it so each ticket sale like 25% goes to the jackpot,25 cents per ticket or something like that

United States
        Member #60337
        April 14, 2008
        153 Posts
        Posted: December 17, 2008, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Scam 's the word for all Tennessee Lottery,pick 3 pick 4 scratch offs .all of it All they do is play repeats.And no one will do anything about it,,,,SO WHY PLAY.....

United States
          Member #13767
          April 13, 2005
          72 Posts
          Posted: December 17, 2008, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Tennesssee lottery is getting to be ridiculous.  It very hard to win anything.  It is getting to the point I don't care very much for playing.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10391 Posts
            Posted: December 17, 2008, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

The Indiana lottery (Pick 6) went over a year without being hit.

I think it's two drawings a week.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
              Magnolia, Delaware
              United States
              Member #18795
              July 20, 2005
              789 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2008, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

To me, anyone who willingly lays down hard earned money on a computer generated draw game deserves "Everything" they have coming to them!

So each and everyone of you people who do just that, "Don't have no reason to be pissing and moaning about not winning any money from a computer generated game format"! "NOT ONE OF YOU".

So, please do us all a favor and go cry somewhere else and to someone who might just care a tiny little bit!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
                CT
                United States
                Member #61398
                May 21, 2008
                781 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2008, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

I would say that if we know they are 'just playing repeats', why not by tickets which are consisted of repeats? Figuring out it is a 'scam' would mean figuring out that it's not random.  If you could prove it's not random, you could use the same proof to purchase tickets which fit within it's criteria and take full advantage of your findings.  I would be THRILLED if I could prove any lottery was a scam...it would be much easier to profit from at that point.

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
                  The Great Smoky Mountains
                  United States
                  Member #59921
                  March 31, 2008
                  266 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2008, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Yes I have I even have posted a topic on it a couple weeks ago.. I buy $ 20.00  a week in lotto plus and have hit $ 50.00 once. So what are they waiting on I wish someone would win it.I live in Memphis

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***

Knoxville
                    United States
                    Member #13510
                    April 7, 2005
                    89 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2008, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Lotto Plus is due to be hit.  If it gets hit soon then the odds will be correct, for example if it gets hit at about 11 million and has been won twice then that's about right as far as the odds go for this particular game.  I have been spending a lot of money on Lotto Plus thinking it is due, I too am ready for it to be hit, but I am not going to miss the next draw when I am certain a winner is almost inevitable.  I don't know if Lotto Plus will ever get this high again.

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3502 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2008, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

It sounds like probability doing what probability does. I've got no idea how many tickets they sold for the first drawing, but I'll make some guesses to put it in perspective. If the jackpot has gone up 100k with each drawing they  probably sell about 300k tickets for each drawing (based on the prize ratio of many JP games). The odds of winning are 1 in 7 million.  If they sold 300k tickets for the first drawing they would have sold about  4% of possible combinations, and there would have been about a 4% chance of a winner. If they continued to sell 300 k tickets since then, there would have been about a 96% chance of a rollover for every individual drawing. That would make the chances of continuing to roll for 81 consecutive drawings almost 3.7%.

In reality there's a good chance they sold more tickets for the first drawing because it was new and started with an extra big (for that game) jackpot. The current JP suggests that they've sold somewhat more than 300k per drawing, so there may have been a better chance for the first winner and less chance for the rollover, but we're probably looking at no more than a 5 or 6% chance for the winner and at least a 2% chance for the long series of rollovers.  Both are unlikely, and both are entirely possible.

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                        Member #48046
                        December 7, 2006
                        1699 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2008, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed at the Tn. web-site,  that a handful , 6 or 7, on average,  get 5 outa 6 per draw.

so... somebody's doing something right, or there's a couple of really close quick-picks, per draw.

I've never gotten better than 3 outa 5,   myself.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3502 Posts
                          Posted: December 19, 2008, 2:56 am - IP Logged

The odds for 2nd place are  about 1 in 31k, so that would suggest typical sales of about 220k tickets. If that's the case we should expect nearly a 97% chance of a roll, and about a 7.5% chance for 81 consecutive rolls. That makes the situation 75 times as likely as winning pick 3 straight.

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                            United States
                            Member #50210
                            March 1, 2007
                            843 Posts
                            Posted: December 29, 2008, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

You definitely put quite a bit thought in your analysis ;-)  This lotto plus game is due to roll again for the 84th consecutive drawing...roll over #100 isn't too far away. 

San Diego, CA
                              United States
                              Member #58386
                              February 12, 2008
                              290 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2008, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Seems FISHY to me.