$207M Mega Millions lottery winners happy, but waiting

Dec 17, 2008, 3:13 pm (51 comments)

Mega Millions

PIQUA, Ohio — A city streets department employee from Piqua, Ohio, confirmed he is one of the winners of a $207 million Mega Millions jackpot and said that all but one of the winning ticket holders are also city employees.

"When the time's right, we'll come forward," the Piqua man said on Sunday, Dec. 14.

He spoke on condition that his name and age not be published yet, citing a desire not to upstage his fellow winners. 16 people have a stake in the winnings; 14 are from the streets department.

The man said he had no plans to quit his job, despite potentially collecting more than $10 million.

Piqua attorney John E. "Jack" Hemm, who represents all of the winners, said the city too will benefit from income tax on the winnings.

"It's a very exciting thing for these people," he said. "These are just regular working folks.... All of a sudden their lives have changed, their spouses' lives have changed and their children's lives have changed."

The Piqua man said he and other winners of the drawing played regularly, chipping in $1 each on Tuesdays and Fridays.

The man said he and the others have already made their decision on whether they will collect a lump sum payment of $143 million or annual payments over the next 26 years.

But he declined to say which option they picked.

The winners have 180 days to claim their prize.

The Miami County city of 20,600 buzzed all weekend about who the winners might be.

"It's got everybody talking," said Paul Gutmann, a retired attorney, while stopping by the Apple Tree Gallery in downtown Piqua with his wife, Rosemary.

One person joked, "I guess it wasn't you because you're still at work," recalled Rick Robinson, a 40-year employee at Barclay's, a downtown clothing store.

News of the jackpot making multimillionaires of several locals comes less than two months after the Fort Piqua Plaza, a hulking structure towering over the downtown that for decades had been in disrepair, reopened after a $20 million renovation.

Like that restored landmark, the jackpot's winners have given residents of a city beset by decades of economic decline another point of pride.

"It puts Piqua on the map," Robinson said. "People are excited and joyous that, at this time of year, this could happen to people they know."

Kroger's Piqua store said it will donate to local charities the $100,000 it received for selling the winning ticket.

That pleased Rosemary Gutmann.

"At this time of year, what could be better and more appropriate?" she said.

Winners show up for work

Mayor Thomas Hudson thinks there soon will be openings in the street department, although all showed up for work Monday.

They were jubilant, but some had mixed emotions, he said.

"They were excited, but some said it hadn't sunk in yet and that trying to decide how to handle everything was causing a lot of anxiety," Enderle said. "I met with everyone and told them to take a couple of days off to think about what they want to do."

Enderle wouldn't identify the workers, who have asked to remain anonymous for now.

He said some had said they wanted to come back to work.

"If they want to move on, we understand that too," he said.

Piqua, a city of 20,500 residents about 25 miles north of Dayton, has 20 employees in its street department, but Enderle said other workers could be switched on a temporary basis to any positions that come open until permanent replacements were found.

He declined to identify the departments where the other two winners work, saying it would be more difficult to maintain their anonymity.

"I just don't know what to expect until folks tell me what they want to do," he said.

The employees have been pooling their money for about five years, although not everyone participated in every drawing, Enderle said.

"I'm sure everyone was happy for the group, but some folks probably will have to deal with feelings of being left behind because they didn't put money in that one," he said.

At least some of the winners have contacted a lawyer.

Attorney John Hemm said he started receiving phone calls from several of the winners soon after he heard the winning ticket was sold in Piqua. They will need to decide how to claim the ticket and have their financial arrangements in order before going to the Ohio Lottery Commission, he said.

"These people need information," said Hemm, who is trying to get a team together to help the winners with their planning.

Hemm said he hopes to know by mid- to late-week when and if the winners will comment publicly.

Some winners set up a trust to claim jackpots while keeping their identities from being disclosed.

Lottery spokeswoman Sandra Neal said the winner must decide whether to accept a one-time cash payoff of $142.7 million or take $207 million in 26 annual payments of $7.9 million.

"If it's a group, they all have to agree on the type of payment," she said.

The winning numbers were 10, 16, 19, 27 and 48, with the Mega Ball being 25.

The winning ticket was sold at a Kroger supermarket, where store officials said the $100,000 received from the lottery for selling the winning ticket will be donated to local charities.

The record jackpot for the Mega Millions game was $390 million in March 2007 with winners in Georgia and New Jersey, Neal said.

AP, Dayton Daily News, Lottery Post Staff

Comments

RJOh's avatarRJOh

"The winning ticket was sold at a Kroger supermarket, where store officials said the $100,000 received from the lottery for selling the winning ticket will be donated to local charities."

Employees at this store won't have to think about how they will spend their share of the store bonus for selling the winning ticket since they don't get a share.  In the past some LP members who worked at a store that sold lottery tickets thought they were entitled to something if their store sold a jackpot winning ticket.

x1kosmic's avatarx1kosmic

Let's see.....  16 people won  something like $140  Million  to split?

I'm pretty sure they can quit their jobs,  collect 401k's  retirement, and all that.

It'll open up jobs for folks who need, and want to work. 

Mabey someday my group will get Lucky.  (we've  got 20 people)

Stew12's avatarStew12

Interesting that with Powerball, the payments can be split individually with some members receiving cash and the others receiving annuity if they so desire.

s5thomps's avatars5thomps

I am glad that it was a group that won and not one indivdual. Like President-elect Obama said to Joe the Plumber, " Let's spread the wealth around!" I also think that Kroger should have split the bonus money among their employees that work there. That would have been a nice bonus for the holidays. I think that the company was just looking at the tax implications of donating 100K.

Drum

LottoPools's avatarLottoPools

Mmmmm.  Wasn't it a situation similar to this one that caused a lawsuit in CA?  Someone who usually played in a MM pool didn't play when the group won but they thought they were entitled to some of the money so they sued and held up payment of the winnings.  Don't remember what the outcome was.  I hope this group doesn't have this problem.  I like lottery pools but they have to be more structured than this one.  I'll be glad when it's my pool's turn to win.  We've been playing for a few years and haven't hit anything.

Good luck to all the pools out there.

Todd's avatarTodd

Quote: Originally posted by Stew12 on Dec 17, 2008

Interesting that with Powerball, the payments can be split individually with some members receiving cash and the others receiving annuity if they so desire.

Actually, it has more to do with what state they won the prize in (Ohio).  If I recall, several years ago a group of Georgia players split a Mega Millions jackpot and was able to get payouts in different ways.  Also, it's possible that the lawyer quoted in the article was wrong.

justxploring's avatarjustxploring

I agree with Todd.   In Florida only one winner is paid if a group wins.  An attorney can set up a Trust and the check will be payable to the Trust, taxes will be deducted, and then the attorney can split the shares according to the agreement.   At least that's the way I understand the rules. 

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by s5thomps on Dec 17, 2008

I am glad that it was a group that won and not one indivdual. Like President-elect Obama said to Joe the Plumber, " Let's spread the wealth around!" I also think that Kroger should have split the bonus money among their employees that work there. That would have been a nice bonus for the holidays. I think that the company was just looking at the tax implications of donating 100K.

Drum

What better way to "spread the wealth" than to donate the money to local charities?

justxploring's avatarjustxploring

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Dec 17, 2008

What better way to "spread the wealth" than to donate the money to local charities?

I Agree!

ThatScaryChick's avatarThatScaryChick

I also agree.

GamerMom's avatarGamerMom

Drum

I agree; I think anybody working at Kroger would be just as deserving of that money as any charity.  I can't imagine they make much more than minimum wage.   how sad.   It would be interesting to note where Kroger donated it's $$$ to.

Quote: Originally posted by GamerMom on Dec 17, 2008

I agree; I think anybody working at Kroger would be just as deserving of that money as any charity.  I can't imagine they make much more than minimum wage.   how sad.   It would be interesting to note where Kroger donated it's $$$ to.

Thanks GamerMom!, That is exactly the point that I was trying to make.

LckyLary

When you divide the after-tax lump sum by 16, it comes out about the same you'd get as a sole winner of the minimum jackpot. The idea of these pools is so that you're playing the equivalent of 80 tickets but as if for the minimum pot, which would be equivalent to playing $5 yourself on your local State's Lotto. I join them if I can because even $2M would be life-changing.

I certify that, to the best of my knowledge, I am not related to or know anyone in Piqua, and my only connection there is a few friends in "nearby" Columbus.

emilyg's avataremilyg

Exactly.

LckyLary

Big O. should just order the Gov't to print out a pile of Benjamins and send it via armoured courier to Piqua (or wherever needed!) to give to the charities. Instead of "spread the wealth" it would be "print the wealth"? OK, food for thought: what would happen if everyone in the country won or was given $1M cash each person simultaneously, rather than the "paltry" stimulus amount? The answer to that is the same as why only a few people win "the big one".

Ironic how the Lottery does the exact opposite of spreading wealth.. it gathers $ in smallish amounts and piles it upon one or a few persons. Then they're expected to what, spread it out again?

BaristaExpress's avatarBaristaExpress

I strongly disagree! Look you two, Kroger is a nice size corporation that already gives to charities on a regular basis's but on a corporate level to the large charities! But this time it's different, they get to donate the money (100K) locally to those charities around the area that that Kroger store serves. Now let me ask, can you think of any better way to donate that 100K than to do it within your own community? I sure as hell can't! But I'm not one of those types of people who thinks that their employer owes them something other than their job, especially right now in the tough economical times that we all face as a nation! Those who work at that Kroger should be glad they have a job that produces a steady income, where as many people don't have a job even within their own community!

Yeah, you two be the judge that says that the people that work at that Kroger deserves that money more than someone else does or more than the mother, father and the 3 kids living in the local shelter! Yeah you both go ahead and be that judge and I'll be the first person to shoot you down for that way of thinking!

can you think of any better way to donate that 100K than to do it within your own community?

Um...donate it to the people that keep the money making machine that is Kroger afloat? It never fails to amaze me how little lower tier employees are appreciated yet without them the company would sink within a day.

can you think of any better way to donate that 100K than to do it within your own community?

Um...donate it to the people that keep the money making machine that is Kroger afloat? It never fails to amaze me how little lower tier employees are appreciated yet without them the company would sink within a day.

Wrong Again! But this person who wrote that above is LIVING PROOF THAT THE EMPLOYER OWES ME SOMETHING WAY OF THINKING MENTALITY SYNDROME is still alive and strong in this nation! Oh and don't forget the WITHOUT ME YOUR COMPANY IS NOTHING WAY OF THINKING TOO is still alive in this nation! Thank You GamerMom. 

For every one person that's working at that Store their are 30 people just waiting to take a job at that store. There is no shortage of people to fill a job opening at a grocery store, not anywhere in the country! Heck and that's even in good economical times, let alone the tough times we are having now! 

So, please take your pathetically weak argument for the 100K to be given to the employees of the Kroger grocery store to your church congregation; and let them flog you for your inability to see the big picture of the many people within the community benefiting, rather than just the chosen few that work at the Kroger!

Sorry folks for my bluntness, but it's people like those two that really piss me off! Especially now around Christmas. 

I could bet a billion dollars that if those two were the ones who didn't have a job and were living on the street or with some friends or in the shelter with their family; They'd be the first to complain to Kroger headquarters for giving all that money to the employees instead of spreading the wealth around to all the local charities within the community that could have helped them and a great number of other people/families out of their situation.

How many of you agree with that analogy? I'm curious to know.

four4me

Kroger's is unionized they start their employees out at something like 6.50 an hour. I'm sure many of them would like a piece of the action. Many a store manager in other stores has given employees a share of the lottery commission award. But i think because Kroger's is a corporation it's up to the field office to do with the commission whatever they want. And it's probably in the charter to donate lottery commissions to charitable organizations.

Quote: Originally posted by BaristaExpress on Dec 18, 2008

Sorry folks for my bluntness, but it's people like those two that really piss me off! Especially now around Christmas. 

I could bet a billion dollars that if those two were the ones who didn't have a job and were living on the street or with some friends or in the shelter with their family; They'd be the first to complain to Kroger headquarters for giving all that money to the employees instead of spreading the wealth around to all the local charities within the community that could have helped them and a great number of other people/families out of their situation.

I wouldn't be jobless, I would get a job at Kroger

hhahahahahahahahaha

seriously switch to decaf.  you seem wayyy to upset over this.

randy-red

I WISH THEM ALL THE BEST. I ALSO  HAVE A MEGA MILLIONS CLUB, THERE IS 11  MEMBERS. I KNOW WHEN WE WIN  I WILL BE SHOUTING FROM THE ROOF TOPS.PartyALL ARE MEMBERS NEED Smiley Santa

MONEY. WE WILL HIT THE JACK POT.US Flag

Quote: Originally posted by BaristaExpress on Dec 18, 2008

BarristaExpress, I don't understand why distrbuting bonus money among Kroger employees would piss you off so much. Kroger never specified which charities the 100k would go to, so there is a possibility the money would not even end up at the homeless shelter. And even if the money did end up at the homeless shelter it's not like the money goes directly to the families living there. The money would be used to help provide goods and services to the people living there. I don't think that the shelter or any other charity would turn anyone away because they did not get 100k from Kroger that did not count on anyway. Thats why they have a operating budget.

I was just merely suggesting what I would do if I was at the head of Kroger. Kroger decided to donate to charity and I respect that decision but it is certainly not worth getting pissed off about! There have been other companies who have distributed money among their employees and I have yet to see an uprising from the homeless community so I don't agree with your analogy.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Kroger has lots of stores all over Ohio. In some areas, they have several stores in the same city and some of their employees work at more than one of them.  It could be a real headache trying to divide the bonus money among the employees who spent some time in the store that sold the winning ticket in a fair manner.  This is all avoided by simply giving the money to charity.  Besides Christmas is about giving not receiving and any employee who doesn't like their company policies is free to work some where else.

BarristaExpress, I don't understand why distrbuting bonus money among Kroger employees would piss you off so much. Kroger never specified which charities the 100k would go to, so there is a possibility the money would not even end up at the homeless shelter. And even if the money did end up at the homeless shelter it's not like the money goes directly to the families living there. The money would be used to help provide goods and services to the people living there. I don't think that the shelter or any other charity would turn anyone away because they did not get 100k from Kroger that did not count on anyway. Thats why they have a operating budget.

I was just merely suggesting what I would do if I was at the head of Kroger. Kroger decided to donate to charity and I respect that decision but it is certainly not worth getting pissed off about! There have been other companies who have distributed money among their employees and I have yet to see an uprising from the homeless community so I don't agree with your analogy.

As usual some people can't see the forest, for the trees! And it's those same people that have short term memory about what they wrote or said in the first place.

Isn't that called something or another, damn I know I got it right here on the tip of my tonuge,  um um um oh yeah; "It's Called Having Selective Memory". ROFL

Halle99's avatarHalle99

Quote: Originally posted by randy-red on Dec 18, 2008

I WISH THEM ALL THE BEST. I ALSO  HAVE A MEGA MILLIONS CLUB, THERE IS 11  MEMBERS. I KNOW WHEN WE WIN  I WILL BE SHOUTING FROM THE ROOF TOPS.PartyALL ARE MEMBERS NEED Smiley Santa

MONEY. WE WILL HIT THE JACK POT.US Flag

Hi randy-red or any Lottery post winners.

I Agree!

I wish them all the best too. Do you  have any rules for being in a pool.  I am trying to make a pool but I don't have any rules.  Please help me out.

Thanks.Lurking

four4me
Kroger's has it's own foundation as i said it is probably in their guidelines to donate any proceeds from the lottery to the foundation they already have in place.

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Drum

Every dime they spend on legitimate expenses is deductible, so givingit to the employees would be at least as good as giving it to charity,as far as taxes go.  Apparently they're trying to be a good corporatecitizen and give back to the community that supports them.

as far as giving it to the employees, why do they deserve anything? What did any of them do that is special? They sold a lottery ticket. Whoop dee freaking doo. As far as effort goes, that ticket was just like all the losers they sold. Have you considered that perhaps the employees at  the next Krogers up the road worked just as hard, or perhaps even harder, and are equally deserving?

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

That's essentially what they're doing. Kroger's is "kept afloat" by the community that shops there. By donating to charity, they're giving the money back to the community.

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Dec 19, 2008

Every dime they spend on legitimate expenses is deductible, so givingit to the employees would be at least as good as giving it to charity,as far as taxes go.  Apparently they're trying to be a good corporatecitizen and give back to the community that supports them.

as far as giving it to the employees, why do they deserve anything? What did any of them do that is special? They sold a lottery ticket. Whoop dee freaking doo. As far as effort goes, that ticket was just like all the losers they sold. Have you considered that perhaps the employees at  the next Krogers up the road worked just as hard, or perhaps even harder, and are equally deserving?

Here, Here KY Floyd, well said!

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Dec 19, 2008

That's essentially what they're doing. Kroger's is "kept afloat" by the community that shops there. By donating to charity, they're giving the money back to the community.

Hey KY Floyd, Do you really think that GM person is going to comprehend that in the slightest way? I think a 10 year old comprehends more than that person does.

justpicky03

I'M HAPPY FOR THEM .....

If I won that large amount of money , one thing , I would NOT DO , let the world know about it .

Go through a TRUST COMPANY or keep my name out of the media .  Do alot of research where

this can happen . 

1.  Sign  2.  safe deposit box   3. Keep it to myself   4. Hire a friend of mine who's a TAX LAWYER , plus my cousin works for this Tax lawyer in the

same office , she's an Accountant  . Make sure BOTH has to sign a paper where they can't tell who won the lottery .  5.  Make sure everything

is in order , so taxes and trust funds are taken care of . Live off the interest not the total sum of money . Brad Duke who won the lottery

he done the right thing , except I'm not going to spend $60,000 on bike cycles .  6 . Let the money work for me , not go out and spend

millions of dollars at a time . This is example what I would do .........

Those who won this $207 million , should all Quit there jobs , so other people can apply for there position

This would be  a nice Christmas Present ,,,,,,,,,Thousands of people in Ohio are laid off .........they deserve a chance too .

People shouldn't be so selfish .

Hira

Congratulations to all ! God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Hira

Quote: Originally posted by BaristaExpress on Dec 19, 2008

Hey KY Floyd, Do you really think that GM person is going to comprehend that in the slightest way? I think a 10 year old comprehends more than that person does.

I've been quiet for a while now on this post, but I'm not going to be anymore. Why so hostile? Is it really necessary to be so rude to people who disagree with you? There is a way to gets ones point across without belittling someone. GamerMom has as much right to her opinion as you do. Refering to her as a 10 year old because she doesn't agree with you makes your behavior look like a child. Maybe she "comprehends" what you are saying, but she just doesn't agree with you. Seriously, try to calm down a bit and try stating your opinion without going into full attack mode.

DC81's avatarDC81

Quote: Originally posted by justpicky03 on Dec 19, 2008

I'M HAPPY FOR THEM .....

If I won that large amount of money , one thing , I would NOT DO , let the world know about it .

Go through a TRUST COMPANY or keep my name out of the media .  Do alot of research where

this can happen . 

1.  Sign  2.  safe deposit box   3. Keep it to myself   4. Hire a friend of mine who's a TAX LAWYER , plus my cousin works for this Tax lawyer in the

same office , she's an Accountant  . Make sure BOTH has to sign a paper where they can't tell who won the lottery .  5.  Make sure everything

is in order , so taxes and trust funds are taken care of . Live off the interest not the total sum of money . Brad Duke who won the lottery

he done the right thing , except I'm not going to spend $60,000 on bike cycles .  6 . Let the money work for me , not go out and spend

millions of dollars at a time . This is example what I would do .........

Those who won this $207 million , should all Quit there jobs , so other people can apply for there position

This would be  a nice Christmas Present ,,,,,,,,,Thousands of people in Ohio are laid off .........they deserve a chance too .

People shouldn't be so selfish .

While I agree with most of what you said, there are some things I have to disagree with.

1. Getting any friends and family involved, even if they are tax lawyers and accountants. There are potential dangers in doing so that might not happen using people you have no relationship with. Granted I do not know your aunt, the person she works with or friend but there are potential conflicts that could cause more trouble than it's worth. Even with a signed agreement it doesn't mean that it won't get out, at least from your aunt the accountant. The lawyer of course is bound by attorney/client privilege and wouldn't be able to say anything without getting themselves into potential trouble.

2. Using a tax lawyer who is affiliated in any way with the accountant, especially if they work together is a bad idea. Some might not agree but there's also another potential conflict of interest here that's almost as bad as having the tax attorney and accountant be the same person no matter what kind of relationship they have. You know what they say about friends/family and strangers right?

Now, if you just use them do set things up and claim the winnings then maybe that wouldn't be too bad as long as there's an agreement in place that states that after the prize is claimed that full control and the trustee position go to you and it ends their involvement. Though still, IMO I'd rather it be someone who is in no way a part of my family or inner circle.

I don't where you live but I live in a rural area so I'd also be looking for a reputable law firm that that I know has several major clients and at the very least is outside my area just to throw as many people off as possible by making it seem like the winner was someone who was just passing through town. Brad Duke has done well and if there's a lottery winner I'd want to at least some what mold myself after it would be him but IMO he still made a mistake by putting himself out there as much as he did by going public. I'm sure he still gets pestered quite a bit though at least it doesn't seem like he brings a lot of attention to himself like certain lottery winning idiots.

I don't know what you do either but of course the really important thing to do is educate yourself so you know at least the basics, probably go beyond that too and can follow along with what the people that are working for you are saying so you can make competent, ignorance free decisions. You certainly don't want anyone but you to have ANY control over your finances.

3. It's not selfish to want to keep working and besides there's no real guarantee that the position they vacate will be filled by anyone else anyway, I'm sure the city will be looking at this as an easy way to trim their budget, especially if what they did wasn't anything significant which, from my experience sums up a lot of city employees. Besides it'd really be selfish to immediately quit and leave the city hanging without someone who can properly replace them if they do fill an important role. After all the taxes they'll probably be paying out (not just the initial taxes) they're going to be able to make more than enough to retire as long as they don't go stupid with spending because money won't last forever if you're reckless and they don't have very much room for error.

Stew12's avatarStew12

I think donatine to charity is definitely not a bad move, but I also think giving the employees a bonus wouldn't have been a bad move either.  If I worked at an establishment that received a bonus out of the blue, I would hope they would share it with all of the hard working employees, but if I found out it went to a charity instead I would not be dissapointed.  Hey, at least the CEO didn't just get a $100,000 bonus.

Taking care of the 'little guy' in your company is a nice gesture, but so is donating to charity.  50/50 call if you ask me.

Quote: Originally posted by ThatScaryChick on Dec 19, 2008

I've been quiet for a while now on this post, but I'm not going to be anymore. Why so hostile? Is it really necessary to be so rude to people who disagree with you? There is a way to gets ones point across without belittling someone. GamerMom has as much right to her opinion as you do. Refering to her as a 10 year old because she doesn't agree with you makes your behavior look like a child. Maybe she "comprehends" what you are saying, but she just doesn't agree with you. Seriously, try to calm down a bit and try stating your opinion without going into full attack mode.

Hey ScaryChick, FYI I think you also need a lesson or two in how to comprehend what you read! Not to only see what you want to see! Now read this and next time make sure you read what you're reading correctly before you open your mouth and stick your nose in where it doesn't belong! You Got That! This is what I said and I quote: "I think a 10 year old comprehends more than that person does" unquote. That statement doesn't in the least call GM a 10 year old! What it says is as plain as the nose on your ScaryChick face!

This is an open forum. I will stick my nose wherever I want. If you don't want people commenting on your posts, post to a personal blog. This isn't your personal forum where you get to spout nonsense and not be called on it. Oh and FYI, I don't need any lessons from you. Go ahead and reread your own posts. It looks like you need to. By the way, I'm not the only one who read your post as being rude so whatever. Roll Eyes

rubberbandman's avatarrubberbandman

Quote: Originally posted by BaristaExpress on Dec 19, 2008

Hey ScaryChick, FYI I think you also need a lesson or two in how to comprehend what you read! Not to only see what you want to see! Now read this and next time make sure you read what you're reading correctly before you open your mouth and stick your nose in where it doesn't belong! You Got That! This is what I said and I quote: "I think a 10 year old comprehends more than that person does" unquote. That statement doesn't in the least call GM a 10 year old! What it says is as plain as the nose on your ScaryChick face!

Dude, chillax; it's not a big deal, when you win you can decide what you can do with your winnings, but not everyone share your philosophy on distibution, keep that in mind.

p.s. there are multiple sides to an argument, and i think some of us needs to remember that fact

my two cents

This is an open forum. I will stick my nose wherever I want. If you don't want people commenting on your posts, post to a personal blog. This isn't your personal forum where you get to spout nonsense and not be called on it. Oh and FYI, I don't need any lessons from you. Go ahead and reread your own posts. It looks like you need to. By the way, I'm not the only one who read your post as being rude so whatever. Roll Eyes

It's ok to comment on my post and to call it whatever you like or anyone else for that fact! I could careless if you think what I have said on this post subject is nonsense or not! And now you're attacking me from another direction by saying what I have wrote as being rude. And maybe you are right in that regard. I'm not the one who can't handle being called on something, "That distinction goes to you" ScaryChick. I don't change directions as to draw someones attention away from my short comings, like you just did by going in another direction and calling me rude! That's here nor there. But nonetheless you got your nose rubbed in the can of worms that you willingly opened all on your own! Maybe next time you'll take the time to read and digest what you read before making a comment and sticking your foot in your mouth because of your inability to comprehend what you have just read! ROFL

Blah, blah, blah. You didn't call me on anything. I called it on you because it was the truth. If you can read what you wrote and see that when GM didn't agree with you and you got nasty, then that is not my problem. The fact is, you are pissed because you're the one who got called out and it hurt your feelings.  I don't feel bad or shame or whatever it is that you think I should feel about this conversation. I was defending someone who was getting picked on because she didn't agree with you. It's obvious. Keep on responding back to me, because I don't back down, just because someone thinks that they can be nasty. Oh and you didn't rub my nose in anything. It's the other way around. I rubbed your nose in the truth and I can tell. Look around. I am not the only person who has told you to calm down and get a grip. Now go ahead and respond back to me, sticking your foot in your mouth along the way and trying to make it look like you won some big, bad battle on the internet, which you didn't.  Because it is very obvious you can't comprehend anything when your ego is involved. ROFL LOL Big Grin ROFL

Blah, blah, blah. You didn't call me on anything. I called it on you because it was the truth. If you can read what you wrote and see that when GM didn't agree with you and you got nasty, then that is not my problem. The fact is, you are pissed because you're the one who got called out and it hurt your feelings.  I don't feel bad or shame or whatever it is that you think I should feel about this conversation. I was defending someone who was getting picked on because she didn't agree with you. It's obvious. Keep on responding back to me, because I don't back down, just because someone thinks that they can be nasty. Oh and you didn't rub my nose in anything. It's the other way around. I rubbed your nose in the truth and I can tell. Look around. I am not the only person who has told you to calm down and get a grip. Now go ahead and respond back to me, sticking your foot in your mouth along the way and trying to make it look like you won some big, bad battle on the internet, which you didn't.  Because it is very obvious you can't comprehend anything when your ego is involved. ROFL LOL Big Grin ROFL

I'm not in the least pissed about anything. You have yet to call me on a thing other than the fact that I have been rude and I said maybe your right on that. But that's it nothing more. I don't care if someone else said for me to chill, big deal! No feelings hurt here! Wow, I was called out for being rude, blah blah blah. And you need to face the facts you have been called on your inability to comprehend what you read and had your nose rubbed in it! Facts are facts and I have more of them to back me up than you do! And if you lived around the corner or even if I knew you personally and this was to happen, I'd do exactly as I'm doing now but to your face! I know what I say and how I say it! And you know what, at times it hurts the one I'm telling it to, but that's life and no said life was going to be given to us with a teaspoon of sugar! I don't sugar coat anything "EVER", I have never done that nor will I ever do that! I think everyone deserves the truth no matter how much it hurts and I take what I give everyday, so don't even try to say that you have hurt my feelings in any way shape or form! Because that couldn't be further from the truth.....

I do have to admit though it has been hysterically funny as hell watching you try to turn the table on me, but as it be your piss poor attempt proves unsuccessful at the very least! I have to hand it to you, you have made me laugh so hard that I got a side ache! I give credit where credit is due! Big Smile

Sure you aren't. lol. Go ahead and pretend it doesn't bother you, cause I know it does. Yes Nod I was calling you out on one thing (being rude) and that is it. Can you comprehend that I was only talking about that one thing from the start? I doubt it.  Keep on keeping on with trying to change the whole point of this conversation. It must help you cope. And I read your posts fine. I Just do not agree with your belitting. Understand. You're not going to get a "Yes sir, you're right." out of me. Just like I know you don't see anything wrong with your reply. So, I got the fact that you don't like people disagreeing with you and when they do you, you get defensive and belittle. Fine. Bullies usually do.

And I guess I should be happy that you can laugh at your delusions and at your lame attempt to think you turned anything on me. (Again, with the whole thinking you turned this convo on me. Odd.) Well, It least you can get pleasure out of those delusions and feel all strong and powerful. Crazy Crazy Crazy

Quote: Originally posted by ThatScaryChick on Dec 20, 2008

Sure you aren't. lol. Go ahead and pretend it doesn't bother you, cause I know it does. Yes Nod I was calling you out on one thing (being rude) and that is it. Can you comprehend that I was only talking about that one thing from the start? I doubt it.  Keep on keeping on with trying to change the whole point of this conversation. It must help you cope. And I read your posts fine. I Just do not agree with your belitting. Understand. You're not going to get a "Yes sir, you're right." out of me. Just like I know you don't see anything wrong with your reply. So, I got the fact that you don't like people disagreeing with you and when they do you, you get defensive and belittle. Fine. Bullies usually do.

And I guess I should be happy that you can laugh at your delusions and at your lame attempt to think you turned anything on me. (Again, with the whole thinking you turned this convo on me. Odd.) Well, It least you can get pleasure out of those delusions and feel all strong and powerful. Crazy Crazy Crazy

I called you out on the fact that you can't comprehend what you read, plain and simple! I never called GM a 10 year old, like you tried to say I did! I don't take to kindly to anyone putting words in my mouth! I don't give a hoot if I had been mean/rude in what I said to GM or not, because of their inability to also comprehend what they read! Heck I guess you two could be called two peas in a pod! And if anyone attacked anyone here without provocation, that distinction solely goes to you again! Because of the simple fact that you thought to fight someone else's fight, who might not have wanted you too, but you jumped in anyway just like a "busybody". < < aka Mrs. Cravits  ROFL LMAO

I was also taught from a very young age that when a person who accuses someone else of something is most likely the guilty party to what they are trying to accuse the other person of! That's to get the attention away from them and what they are guilty of themselves! And your accusing me of being a bully, but I didn't jump in on someone else's heated discussion, Did I! No I didn't! You did ScaryChick! So who's the one here that's the bully and living in a life full of delusions? And again that distinction solely goes to you ScaryChick! Your delusions are that you think you are making a difference, but in reality your not Mrs. Cravits/ScaryChick! ROFL LMAO

Yawn...I knew you'd be back w/ the same ole' delusions. lol. TL;DR. This is for you!

cat

Quote: Originally posted by ThatScaryChick on Dec 20, 2008

Yawn...I knew you'd be back w/ the same ole' delusions. lol. TL;DR. This is for you!

cat

LMFAO ahh come-on you got to be kidding me  right?  That just tells me that you have no life and that you spend way to much time on the internet to have something like that so readily available on your hard drive..... How Pathetic! But more so I feel terrible for your family.

Aw, here is your true self, you proved me right. When the going gets tuff you insult. Predicatable and pathetic, but you knew that already. Right? I knew it would come out. Actually, I have a life and you're boring. And my family...well they love me.  Smile

Oh and you fail hard for bringing my family into this. That right there is what is really pathetic.. Roll Eyes

cat

LckyLary

PEACE everyone!!!

My 2 cents left over from MM purchase that didn't win..

-The Kroger store is free to give its share where it wants to, and the consumers should be all made aware of their decision and then decide whether or not to shop there. If Kroger made a poor choice then they would lose sales.

-The Kroger employees deserve a bonus anyway, even if there were no winning ticket. Although the only Kroger employee who helped in any way for these people to win was when they chose an exact instant to push the QP key on the machine as the random numbers were whizzing through the terminal. I think there is a slight confusion here because it was a group of city workers that won, not Kroger employees. The store got a bonus for selling the ticket and had to make a hard choice what to do with it.

-The reason everyone is fighting so much is that a lot of people do deserve to have more than what they have and some others have more than they deserve. One "fair" way to distribute wealth is called "Communism" but it will (see prev. cat picture) because no one is then encouraged to produce the goods and services that people with money want or need. In a Capitalist system there will always be those who should get but don't, and none of us wants it to happen to us or anyone we care about, but the alternate solution is even worse. Money has 0 value if there are no goods and services to buy with it. If everyone who deserved $1M got it, most would quit producing things and the answer would be that a loaf of bread now costs $100K.

-I support free speech. We have the right to complain, including about each other within reasonable limits of course, but there are always consequences to one's actions.

Halle99's avatarHalle99

Hi RJOh,

Do you have any pool rules.

Thanks

US Flag

Mr-Dave's avatarMr-Dave

Seeing that I am presently unemployed... Do you know if your job will be available some time in the coming new year of 2009.

Yours or your fellow worker.. Please let me know all right..   Thanks and Seasonal Greetings to you and your families.

DC81's avatarDC81

Why are you asking Todd?? No one here is one of the winners and even if all those employees quit there's a likely chance that the city will just eliminate the position instead of replacing it.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story