|Posted: December 18, 2008, 1:43 pm - IP Logged|
This time of year, some members like to give a Premium Membership as a gift to another member, so I thought I'd post a reminder for how to do that.
Even if a member is already a premium member, you are able to give them a membership gift. In this case, your gift will extend their existing membership.
If the recipient is already a Gold member and you give them a Platinum membership, they will have the option of either converting the gift to the equivalent number of Gold months, or upgrading their current membership to Platinum by converting their remaining time left to the equivalent number of Platinum months.
You have the option of giving the gift anonymously, if that is your wish.
To give a membership gift to another member:
- Send me a private message, letting me know that you are sending a gift and who the recipient is.
- Then, purchase the gift as if you are buying it for yourself.
- During checkout, you will have the opportunity to include a message (instructions). Use that entry space to include again that it is a gift, and who you are sending it to. For example, "Gift to John Doe".
- If you are giving the gift anonymously, make that clear in both the PM and in the payment instructions during checkout.
- If you would like the gift to be received on Christmas Day, be sure to let me know in both the PM and in the payment instructions during checkout. Normally, gifts are sent within 24 hours of receiving the order, but I am making an exception for those who want the gift to be received on Christmas Day. (Christmas Day gifts will be sent any time after midnight, Eastern Standard Time, on Dec. 25.)
- I will send you (the gift-giver) a PM immediately after the gift is delivered, to let you know.
If you have any questions you can either post them here in this thread, or write me a private message.
I hope you all have a happy and wonderful holiday!