Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Doesn't it just kill you that...

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: December 22, 2008, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

...someone won all this money and didn't come forward to claim it?

The Florida Lottery has been posting about an unclaimed Fantasy 5 ticket for the past several weeks.  The sole winner of the June 26th  jackpot will not be getting $212,584 if the prize isn't claimed by tomorrow night.

I just want to win any jackpot, even a shared one.  So, although this has no effect whatsoever on my life, it does boggle my mind just a little.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5615 Posts
    Posted: December 22, 2008, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

It really does boggle one's mind. I'm checking my tics as soon as they post on Tx lottery's web site.

I think this had to be someone who plays infrequently and just played that one time on a whim and forgot about it. Or that person died and no one found the ticket. Who knows. Amazing.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: December 22, 2008, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Kissimmee is very close to Orlando, and a lot of Disney World visitors stay there. 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: December 22, 2008, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Yeah it's annoying, but who knows, maybe the person who bought the ticket died Eek or lost it. Nah, I'm just kidding. I'm guessing whoever it was, just bought the ticket and forgot about it.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5615 Posts
          Posted: December 22, 2008, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

My family and I have been there a few times. In fact we were talking about seeing DW again. There's a young man that works in my store that used to work at DW with his wife. His wife now manages a Disney store at a mall in the DFW area now. He said DW changed a lot over the last several years and has a lot of new attractions.