Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

After looking at all possible mega millions combinations...

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #68204
December 15, 2008
11 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2008, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

If you recall, I'm the guy who posted a couple weeks ago looking for all the possible combos. Well, I organized a list of the ones that have been played up to this date in numerical order. Other than that I've come across (thanks to the replies) a file containing all the combos for 5 of the 6 numbers only. I'm still looking things through. But something I just thought I should share with you, could be something could be nothing, just thought I should mention since I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere:

Based on the combos that have been played so far...

The lowest combo ever played is: 1 - 2 - 3 - 12 -37 + 35

The highest combo ever played is: 39 - 40 - 47 - 53 - 55 + 32

Most of the action seems to have been with combos that start WITH numbers 1 through 16

Between combos starting with 17-24, there seems to be a considerable amount of action but not like what I mentioned above.

Combos beginning with 24-39 seems to have the least amount of action.

Combos beginning with 35,36,37,38, and 39 have only had one drawing each while combos beginning with everything below 35 have had more than 1 drawing.

What does all this mean? I have no clue. Could probably be nothing like I mentioned before. But hey, for something that's supposed to be random, you have to admit, it doesn't pay a lot of attention to combos beginning with 35 and above. Just thought I should point all that out. That's all for now. If you guys have any theories or anything based on any of this, please feel free to drop a few lines.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5615 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2008, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Here's my breakdown of groups of numbers by decade for each position, ie: position 1 thru 5. This covers 414 draws.

Singles (1-9) 251-67-9-1-0

Teens (10-19) 123-173-74-12-0

20's (20-29) 33-116-133-71-8

30's (30-39) 7-51-122-122-54

40's (40-49) 0-7-70-156-144

50's (50-56) 0-0-6-52-208

I just use this info to help me pick my numbers by position. Obviously, singles play the most in the first position, and I like to play what happens most often. On the other hand, the number 14 has played 25 times in the first position, which is the most for any double digit number. 11 is second at 15 times in the first position for a double digit number. So if I'm inclined to play a double digit number in the first position, it most likely will be 14.

Hope this helps you some.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8364 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2008, 1:14 am - IP Logged

mega millions

This line is from the old matrix  6/20/2003   01 · 02 · 03 · 12 · 37    +35   

the new matrix started June 21, 2005 to present: first 5 numbers are 1-56 and Mega Ball is 1-46).

368 drawings have taken place since Tuesday, June 21, 2005

So looking at the old matrix or combining them might not yield anything since the old matrix has less white balls first 5 numbers were 1-52 and Mega Ball was 1-52 third version

http://usamega.com/mega-millions-stats.asp

I'm not trying to rain on your topic i am just stating most of us are working with the new matrix since it has a different ball count than the old matrix.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        NY
        United States
        Member #23835
        October 16, 2005
        3475 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2008, 1:17 am - IP Logged

"What does all this mean?"

It means that the things that are more likely happen more often, and the things that are less likely happen less often.

The chance of any one ball being higher than 16 is about 70%, but the chance of all 5 being higher than 16 is only 17.2%. That means that we should expect about 82.8% of drawings to start with a number that is no higher than 16.

The chance of any one ball being higher than 24 is about 56%, but the chance of all 5 being higher than 24 is only 5.3%. That means that we should expect that only 5.3% of drawings will start with a number that is higher than 24.

For all of the balls to be higher than 39, the chance drops to 0.16%. That might sound like a combination with all of the balls being higher than 39 is very unlikely, but with almost 176 million possible combinations there are 284,648 where all of the regullar balls will be higher than 39. Each one of them has exactly the same chance of being drawn as each of the 99.84% that start with a number that's lower than 39.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
          Kunming
          China
          Member #57910
          January 23, 2008
          3626 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2008, 4:00 am - IP Logged

I always believe that some numbers like each other more than other. Some are "married" to each other but from time to time stray. I think the key is to make a list of each number and their "marriage partner".  Some number are in a "threesome" relationship. These are even better to find.

Play to win!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2008, 5:56 am - IP Logged

I always believe that some numbers like each other more than other. Some are "married" to each other but from time to time stray. I think the key is to make a list of each number and their "marriage partner".  Some number are in a "threesome" relationship. These are even better to find.

Eek Alrighty, then. LOL

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2659 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2008, 7:16 am - IP Logged

Crazy   Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5615 Posts
                Posted: December 29, 2008, 8:43 am - IP Logged

mega millions

This line is from the old matrix  6/20/2003   01 · 02 · 03 · 12 · 37    +35   

the new matrix started June 21, 2005 to present: first 5 numbers are 1-56 and Mega Ball is 1-46).

368 drawings have taken place since Tuesday, June 21, 2005

So looking at the old matrix or combining them might not yield anything since the old matrix has less white balls first 5 numbers were 1-52 and Mega Ball was 1-52 third version

http://usamega.com/mega-millions-stats.asp

I'm not trying to rain on your topic i am just stating most of us are working with the new matrix since it has a different ball count than the old matrix.

When the matrix changed I thought about starting over with my file, but for what I use the info for, I decided it wasn't that big of a deal, especially with the odds the way they are. I play 14 most of the time, but I don't always play it first, for example. Same goes for other numbers. It's just a guide.

Many times I'll also just pick numbers randomly for a second line, or I'll use LP's RNG.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: December 29, 2008, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Well...that's a unique way of thinking about it. I have noticed though, that some numbers do seem to come with others a bit.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."