Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Serious Help Needed

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United Kingdom
Member #67319
November 23, 2008
227 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2008, 5:15 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone I am having a problem copying and pasting in the the browser the programs I am using seem to be incompatable for some reason Itcould be me,Is it possible for someone to interact and help by pasting a spreadsheet layout with a header and and some winning lines of the Lotto that is used in the US as I have no such details I am trying to help some interested buddies on the site how to get the real answers.

ANY KIND PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WILLING TO INTERACT AND HELP OTHER PEOPLE.

Many thanks,  Bill.....

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2008, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone I am having a problem copying and pasting in the the browser the programs I am using seem to be incompatable for some reason Itcould be me,Is it possible for someone to interact and help by pasting a spreadsheet layout with a header and and some winning lines of the Lotto that is used in the US as I have no such details I am trying to help some interested buddies on the site how to get the real answers.

ANY KIND PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WILLING TO INTERACT AND HELP OTHER PEOPLE.

Many thanks,  Bill.....

Bill,

The LP editor is very good, but it is not a word processor or a spreadsheet.  You can definitely paste from spreadsheets, but they will lose much of their formatting.  It is best to paste it and then purposely remove all of the formatting, and then re-style it using the LP table/row/cell properties that are built into the editor.  To remove all the styles, highlight all the content in the editor, and then click the button that looks like an eraser (third row, 4th button from the right).

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United Kingdom
      Member #67319
      November 23, 2008
      227 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2008, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Bill,

The LP editor is very good, but it is not a word processor or a spreadsheet.  You can definitely paste from spreadsheets, but they will lose much of their formatting.  It is best to paste it and then purposely remove all of the formatting, and then re-style it using the LP table/row/cell properties that are built into the editor.  To remove all the styles, highlight all the content in the editor, and then click the button that looks like an eraser (third row, 4th button from the right).

Hi Todd thanks for the promo, I guessed it was my lazy fault using the site but I do tend to do things my way as I believe seeing is believing I will try next time If I can get motivation to do it, it looks like everyone has the same trouble as me trouble as me If you get my point.

Many thanks for the helpfull advise what did I say was needed perseverance....

Bill....

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2008, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Hi Todd thanks for the promo, I guessed it was my lazy fault using the site but I do tend to do things my way as I believe seeing is believing I will try next time If I can get motivation to do it, it looks like everyone has the same trouble as me trouble as me If you get my point.

Many thanks for the helpfull advise what did I say was needed perseverance....

Bill....

Bill,

I know, when you start using the editor it feels like it should do what your desktop Windows software should do.

It's a blessing and a curse, because even though it's nice to have a graphical "WYSIWYG" editor, it's impossible for a web-based forum site to have anywhere near the power or "perfect" behavior of a Windows program that gets installed on your computer.

The LP editor is much more capable than most forums on the Internet -- for example, it even has an auto-save feature now, which is almost unheard of on the web -- and so technically-speaking, I always stand in awe of what it's able to do.  But for someone who is not a technologist, it can almost seem under-powered -- like, where's the missing features that I get in Excel?

So all I can say is that the editor stresses the limits of what is possible on the Internet, while I try to balance that capability with the need to support antiquated computers and web browsers that people should have upgraded a long time ago.  If you go to some other forums and try out their text editors you'll see what I mean.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!