Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

North Carolina: 1/1 - 1/31/2009

Topic closed. 3933 replies. Last post 8 years ago by a$VeryLuckyMan.

Page 116 of 263
PrintE-mailLink
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Decided to buy 3 of the new $5 scratchers and won $40...thinking about buying 8 more with the winnings...Should I go for it or just pocket the money???

Save that money! Wink You really only won $25,right, after shelling out the original $15. I say pick some

HOT HOT HOT numbers here on the NC thread and stick with Pick 3. Thumbs Up 

mune4me's avatar - 4eyes
    North Carolina
    United States
    Member #48965
    January 14, 2007
    750 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Save that money! Wink You really only won $25,right, after shelling out the original $15. I say pick some

I won $40 total....I'm really thinking about that top prize on that scratcher of $200,000. With the way NCEL rolls out these pick 3 #'s I am really not feeling the pick 3 at all....

Advice is like castor oil, easy to give, but dreadful to take. Blush

hotmama's avatar - BlackArt6
      Wilmington,NC
      United States
      Member #57581
      January 11, 2008
      7661 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Good Morning Lottolaughs, happy to see you drop in!

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how Blessed you are."

bettyboop.gif picture by Ikeilynn

COURAGE       

plshelpme's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
        Member #62239
        June 21, 2008
        24951 Posts
        Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Decided to buy 3 of the new $5 scratchers and won $40...thinking about buying 8 more with the winnings...Should I go for it or just pocket the money???

In my personal opinion I would say NO... Don't get hooked on Scratchers as some are.... Pocket your winnings and put it towards Pick 3 today.... But in the end the final decision is yours and yours alone. Good Luck today!!!! Big Grin

*pls*

Wilmington,NC
          United States
          Member #57581
          January 11, 2008
          7661 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:46 am - IP Logged

I won $40 total....I'm really thinking about that top prize on that scratcher of $200,000. With the way NCEL rolls out these pick 3 #'s I am really not feeling the pick 3 at all....

The store where I buy my tickets are selling two to three packs of that new $200,000 card everyday since the beginning and the most anyone has won is $50.00...we must look at the odds of it all.

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how Blessed you are."

COURAGE       

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7712 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Hotmama,thanks so much for posting the RollerCoaster. Big Grin That is too cute! And a big thanks to wpb  for posting Magic Pairs(2.882) each and every day,what endurance! I can't tell you two how helpful this is to me for my research and hopefully to all of you on the NC thread as well for help in choosing your numbers. 

Thanks again for your valuable time keeping these up and running!

A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.

plshelpme's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
              Member #62239
              June 21, 2008
              24951 Posts
              Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:47 am - IP Logged

***Quickpicks for today***
                                                             076 041 148 283 214
                                                       ***************************

*pls*

mune4me's avatar - 4eyes
                North Carolina
                United States
                Member #48965
                January 14, 2007
                750 Posts
                Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:49 am - IP Logged

The store where I buy my tickets are selling two to three packs of that new $200,000 card everyday since the beginning and the most anyone has won is $50.00...we must look at the odds of it all.

What do you mean by the most anyone has won is $50.00? 2 poeple have already won $200,000 and there should be about 13 more floating out there somewhere....As I am typing this I hear the commercial on the radio for that scratcher..Maybe that is a "sign" for me.....Wink

trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
                  Durham, North Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #58710
                  February 23, 2008
                  6854 Posts
                  Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:49 am - IP Logged

In my personal opinion I would say NO... Don't get hooked on Scratchers as some are.... Pocket your winnings and put it towards Pick 3 today.... But in the end the final decision is yours and yours alone. Good Luck today!!!! Big Grin

I agree. I would put $30 in your savings account and take $10 and buy some pick 3s. 

Good morning NCLP family. See Ya!

My QP for this morning was 130.

Lovies

Wilmington,NC
                    United States
                    Member #57581
                    January 11, 2008
                    7661 Posts
                    Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Hotmama,thanks so much for posting the RollerCoaster. Big Grin That is too cute! And a big thanks to wpb  for posting Magic Pairs(2.882) each and every day,what endurance! I can't tell you two how helpful this is to me for my research and hopefully to all of you on the NC thread as well for help in choosing your numbers. 

Thanks again for your valuable time keeping these up and running!

A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.A Thanks Card For Everyday.

You are so welcome...I'm enjoying it, and it's paying off for me.

COURAGE       

wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                      Charlotte North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #464
                      July 9, 2002
                      17392 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:51 am - IP Logged

I'm here.............observing......................been keeping my second pet in 514.................I don't get to post much right now...................but here's my contribution: 496, 601, 466, 704, 705, 607, 680, 696,

WTG Ladee!  I did not keep it in.   Bravo 

wpb

trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
                        Durham, North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #58710
                        February 23, 2008
                        6854 Posts
                        Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:52 am - IP Logged

***Quickpicks for today***
                                                                       076 041 148 283 214
                                                                 ***************************

Wow the QP fairy must really love you!!! Lovies

Lovies

mune4me's avatar - 4eyes
                          North Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #48965
                          January 14, 2007
                          750 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2009, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Thanks for that advice....

Wilmington,NC
                            United States
                            Member #57581
                            January 11, 2008
                            7661 Posts

What do you mean by the most anyone has won is $50.00? 2 poeple have already won $200,000 and there should be about 13 more floating out there somewhere....As I am typing this I hear the commercial on the radio for that scratcher..Maybe that is a "sign" for me.....Wink

I was speaking of that store.  You would think that if you sell three hundred tickets plus a day that there would be a larger prize on one of them.

COURAGE       

mune4me's avatar - 4eyes
                              North Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #48965
                              January 14, 2007
                              750 Posts

I agree. I would put $30 in your savings account and take $10 and buy some pick 3s. 

Good morning NCLP family. See Ya!

My QP for this morning was 130.

Thanks....may just do that...What 1 # would you put that $10 on if you could???

Page 116 of 263