Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Local lottery retailers don't have new powerball slips

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 8 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #59720
March 25, 2008
52 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2009, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I don't even know what to think about this. I mean, what if for some odd reason my numbers I normally pick and have picked for a long time were to win? It's obviously somewhat far-fetched but IMO they should have these slips. I keep asking and they all say "We haven't been sent new slips yet."

Anyone else in the same predicament?

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49767 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2009, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Considering the Powerball Changes Don't Take Effect Until January 4, 2009, and their is one more Drawing with the Old Matrix, it would only add confusion to the whole process by having the Old Bet Slips and New Bet Slips floating around at the same time.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2009, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I don't even know what to think about this. I mean, what if for some odd reason my numbers I normally pick and have picked for a long time were to win? It's obviously somewhat far-fetched but IMO they should have these slips. I keep asking and they all say "We haven't been sent new slips yet."

Anyone else in the same predicament?

I keep asking and they all say "We haven't been sent new slips yet."

You're mad at THEM for that? Dude, if they haven't got them yet, they haven't got them yet. Besides, there's still plenty of time. You have all the way until cut off time on Jan. 7.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2009, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Considering the Powerball Changes Don't Take Effect Until January 4, 2009, and their is one more Drawing with the Old Matrix, it would only add confusion to the whole process by having the Old Bet Slips and New Bet Slips floating around at the same time.

I Agree!

If for some reason they don't have the bet slips at your favorite retailer tomorrow,just ask the clerk to punch the numbers into the computer by hand.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
          CT
          United States
          Member #61398
          May 21, 2008
          781 Posts
          Posted: January 3, 2009, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I ran into the same issue today.  Our local retailer does not have them yet either.

I run a pool of 16 people and the minimum tickets we purchase for each draw is 40.  This now takes the option away from us of running my own RNG and filtering the tickets, filling out slips, and playing them.  We'll be going with QP's now, unless they get the slips in sometime today or tomorrow.

I'm not going to give the clerk 40-80 sets of numbers to put into the machine by hand, that would just be cruel.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2009, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I noticed them at the local Mobil station last week.  I didn't think they were supposed to be displayed until Jan 4.  I realize PB wasn't in FL before, but out of curiosity I checked the cards to see if they were new.  There are 59 numbers on the upper panel & 39 PB numbers below.  I'm surprised to see that you also can play up to 52 draws in advance, just like the FL Lotto game.

I'm not too sure I'll be playing PB however.  Chances are I'll buy a QP if I play at all and probably spend the extra dollar for the Powerplay.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2009, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

manofmany...Next time they have slips grad a bunch and put them in your draw then you will have no excuse..Good luck.........

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
                Albuquerque, New Mexico
                United States
                Member #5128
                June 18, 2004
                377 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2009, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I went to my local 7-11 store and asked the merchant had the new slips arrived and she said: "they don't deliver on Saturday, but most likely Monday morning." Then I told her, "you might lose some business since they increased the numbers -- they should have lowered them!" Of course, she agreed.

The Lottery Powers-that-be just don't get it: stop increasing the numbers and start lowering them.  True, you will have more winners; thus, more payouts. However, the game would be more fun and interesting.   In fact, 25 should be the highest.

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2009, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

If it's like all the other lottos, you don't need a playslip, you can just tell the clerk the numbers and they'll type them in on the machine.

We have some outlets around here that have signs posted:

Please use a playslip if you're playing more than three sets of numbers.

When I see that I figure the clerks must have gotten tired of "strokers".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                    Member #58528
                    February 18, 2008
                    710 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2009, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

My guess is most retailers have the tickets but were asked not to hand them out until tomorrow so the customers and clerks don't get confused by having two sets of slips to deal with.The clerks probably don't know anything about them but the store managers do.

United States
                      Member #67870
                      December 7, 2008
                      154 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2009, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I guess it makes sense that they're needed long before the last minute by some people,

especially those who play lots of pool numbers or wheel  groups of numbers.

Try calling your state lottery office; in Virginia the #s are on page 24 of the pamphlet, could they send you some directly to you ?   Like they do with subscriptions.  I ordered 2 in the mail a while back.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1953 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2009, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

The owner of the store I buy my tickets from gave me a few of the new playslips.

Gonna win.Big Smile

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                          Member #60535
                          April 21, 2008
                          460 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2009, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

I noticed them at the local Mobil station last week.  I didn't think they were supposed to be displayed until Jan 4.  I realize PB wasn't in FL before, but out of curiosity I checked the cards to see if they were new.  There are 59 numbers on the upper panel & 39 PB numbers below.  I'm surprised to see that you also can play up to 52 draws in advance, just like the FL Lotto game.

I'm not too sure I'll be playing PB however.  Chances are I'll buy a QP if I play at all and probably spend the extra dollar for the Powerplay.

i don't think i will either.  I'll stick to FL lottery; i'm not wanting to win tens of millions, the plain old 3 million is just fine by me Wink

Litebets27's avatar - power
                            Maryland
                            United States
                            Member #10465
                            January 14, 2005
                            6065 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2009, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I was in Pa. today and stopped at a Blimpies and asked for Powerball tickets. The attendent stated that the tickets  will be in on January the 4th. So I had to be satisfied with quick picks.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                              Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3104 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2009, 2:43 am - IP Logged

Well here it was a sunny Florida Monday afternoon and I'm at Publix supermarket and finally the new playslips are here.  I mark my ticket, hand it in, and the terminal can't read it, the girl has to key it in by hand, says it has been like this all day. 

Nice they took the time to make sure the system was ready for business, not!

BobP