Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The new Powerball set

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by sorensonfan41.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Navarre, Florida
United States
Member #12806
March 22, 2005
16 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2009, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I watched tonight's first Powerball drawing from Orlando, Florida and I love the new space age style Powerball drawing set.  It has a real 21st century style with big LED walls and such.  I give the new Powerball drawing set two thumbs way up. Big Smile Big Grin Lover

What do you guys think of the new Powerball drawing set?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2009, 2:20 am - IP Logged

I didn't see the drawing. I'll have to see if it gets posted somewhere or wait till Saturdays drawing.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Talking Rock, GA
      United States
      Member #60369
      April 15, 2008
      398 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2009, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

I didn't see the drawing. I'll have to see if it gets posted somewhere or wait till Saturdays drawing.

The draw video is up on the Powerball site (I think FL Lottery provides a link to the videos page for Powerball on their site as well).

It looks to me that they scrapped the Power Play wheel for a computer graphic........I wonder if that's done with RNG stuff..... (but the numbers themselves are still ball-drawn in what looks like the same style machines as previously used during the Power Play era)

The new set and music is ok.  I could be saying it's just ok because I've been so used to watching Mike Pace host the drawings on the prior sets for so long. Razz

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Navarre, Florida
        United States
        Member #12806
        March 22, 2005
        16 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2009, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

The draw video is up on the Powerball site (I think FL Lottery provides a link to the videos page for Powerball on their site as well).

It looks to me that they scrapped the Power Play wheel for a computer graphic........I wonder if that's done with RNG stuff..... (but the numbers themselves are still ball-drawn in what looks like the same style machines as previously used during the Power Play era)

The new set and music is ok.  I could be saying it's just ok because I've been so used to watching Mike Pace host the drawings on the prior sets for so long. Razz

According to Wikipedia, yes the power play is RNG.

Stew12's avatar - bad egg-64x64.png
          CT
          United States
          Member #61398
          May 21, 2008
          781 Posts
          Posted: January 8, 2009, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

According to Wikipedia, yes the power play is RNG.

The last machine they had was ghetto anyway, stopping the rotation at various points would definitely have an effect on the outcome.

I don't see why they don't use a silimar machine to the WB and PB numbers, but just have 5 balls inside (or 20 balls, 4 each number) and pick one for the Power Play.

Talking Rock, GA
            United States
            Member #60369
            April 15, 2008
            398 Posts
            Posted: January 8, 2009, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

The last machine they had was ghetto anyway, stopping the rotation at various points would definitely have an effect on the outcome.

I don't see why they don't use a silimar machine to the WB and PB numbers, but just have 5 balls inside (or 20 balls, 4 each number) and pick one for the Power Play.

If memory serves me correctly, there was once upon a time that a "remote" Powerball drawing had to be suddenly cancelled due to weather.  They didn't have time to get the Power Play wheel back to the studios in Iowa (but Mike Pace, IIRC, was able to make it back there in time), so they used a ball machine with numbered balls to determine the Power Play multiplier and a couple of other very similar drawing machines at the studio to draw the actual Powerball numbers.

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin