Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Help on new lottery system

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
chicago
United States
Member #34162
February 28, 2006
315 Posts
Posted: January 11, 2009, 11:28 am - IP Logged

I think i come up with pretty good lottery system,and i need a little bit of your help.For example in my state

Illinois chances  to match 3 numbers in little lotto which has balls from 1-39 are 1:103.My idea is to

write down all these 103 combinations to match these 3 numbers.They payout to match 3 numbers is

10$ and for matching 4 numbers is 100$.So if i play 3 number combination,there are good odds i will

match 4 numbers and even all 5.All i need is the right software which will show me all combinations

for 3 numbers.I am sure there are smart members here on lottery post,and someone know which

software i am talking about.thank you

user044's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg
    Upstate New York
    United States
    Member #48358
    December 23, 2006
    152 Posts
    Posted: January 11, 2009, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Expert Lotto can do this. Punch it into google and you will find the site.The part of the program that does this is freeware I think?

Good Luck

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3626 Posts
      Posted: January 11, 2009, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I think i come up with pretty good lottery system,and i need a little bit of your help.For example in my state

Illinois chances  to match 3 numbers in little lotto which has balls from 1-39 are 1:103.My idea is to

write down all these 103 combinations to match these 3 numbers.They payout to match 3 numbers is

10$ and for matching 4 numbers is 100$.So if i play 3 number combination,there are good odds i will

match 4 numbers and even all 5.All i need is the right software which will show me all combinations

for 3 numbers.I am sure there are smart members here on lottery post,and someone know which

If you are talking about ALL the combination for a 5/39 for 3 numbers you are talking about thousands of combos. It's not worth it. You can get a free full wheel generator.

Play to win!

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
        Member #9517
        December 10, 2004
        1279 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2009, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Try Covermaster.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3112 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2009, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to say those are odds, not the number of combinations necessary for a closed cover 100% wheel.   The lottery is saying you should AVERAGE a 3# win for every 103 tickets or draws.  If you don't win you may win twice in the next 103 tickets or draws.   No one can supply you with 103 lines that must win a 3# prize.

The best wheel known (39,5,3,5) requires 240 combinations to cover.

That's not to say you can't come close, as almost 50% of such a wheel is necessary to close the final 10%. 

I suggest trying CoverMaster set to stop on 103 lines, then optimize and see how close it gets. 

BobP

chicago
            United States
            Member #34162
            February 28, 2006
            315 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2009, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Thx guys.I will try covermaster.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19894 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2009, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Actually, there are 9,139 possible combinations of threes in 39 numbers and each combination of fives contains 10 combination of threes.  There are 575,757 possible combinations of fives in 39 numbers and only one will contain all five winning numbers, however 170 of those combinations will have four of the winning numbers and 5,610 of them will have three of the winning numbers.  When you divide 575,757 by 5,610 you get 102.6 which makes the odds off getting a match three 1:103.

With 103 combinations of fives and each combination covering 10 combinations of three, you might think you could cover all 9,139 possible combinations of threes but you would have a lot of  duplications and not cover them all.   CoverMaster can produce a wheel that will cover them all or produce a wheel of 103 lines with the best coverage.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

chicago
                United States
                Member #34162
                February 28, 2006
                315 Posts
                Posted: January 12, 2009, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Actually, there are 9,139 possible combinations of threes in 39 numbers and each combination of fives contains 10 combination of threes.  There are 575,757 possible combinations of fives in 39 numbers and only one will contain all five winning numbers, however 170 of those combinations will have four of the winning numbers and 5,610 of them will have three of the winning numbers.  When you divide 575,757 by 5,610 you get 102.6 which makes the odds off getting a match three 1:103.

With 103 combinations of fives and each combination covering 10 combinations of three, you might think you could cover all 9,139 possible combinations of threes but you would have a lot of  duplications and not cover them all.   CoverMaster can produce a wheel that will cover them all or produce a wheel of 103 lines with the best coverage.

So your saying,if i spend 9,139$ i will have 170  4th price win and 5,610 3rd price win,no matter what numbers

would be during drawing?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19894 Posts
                  Posted: January 12, 2009, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

So your saying,if i spend 9,139$ i will have 170  4th price win and 5,610 3rd price win,no matter what numbers

would be during drawing?

Where did you read that in my post?  There's no way to be sure you'll win as much as you spend.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking