Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numbers may be up for some Lottery games

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 8 years ago by TotallyDavis.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
Katy, Tx
United States
Member #67709
December 3, 2008
204 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2009, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

$25 million in scratch-off jackpots might not be awarded..

Austin:  The Texas Lottery Commission is set to cut several poorly performing scratch-off games even though more than $25 million in promised to jackpot have yet to be awarded or claimed winners.

Though is Web site still advertises "9 prizes from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000" for its priciest scratch-offs, a $50.00 ticket called $130 Million Spectacular, the states first $50 game, which became the nation's priciest ticket when it was rolled out in May of 2007, is due to close the same day, though only $10 million of its 21 million in top prizes has been doled out to winners.  Lottery Officials say the soon to be  closed games are not selling well and take up valueable shelf space in the stores where they are sold.  Yet the spokesman for the Lottery concedes the agency has no set criteria for closing games.  A new $20 game for instance will carry a half billion dollars in possible prizes.  Including 50 prizes of $1 million.  The game is expected to run longer than usual.Mail For You

TotallyDavis's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
    North Charleston, SC
    United States
    Member #69214
    January 6, 2009
    45 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2009, 4:10 am - IP Logged

Yeah, well it may have something to do with that fact that $50 scratch off ticket is a fool's game.

The payout return is about 76%...... that's pathetic for such a large bet.

On a slot machine in Vegas, for $50 a spin, you could get easily about 90 to 95% back on average.

Hell, even our $10 scratchers here in Carolina range from 76% to 80%.  If I can get a better percentage from a cheaper game, tell me, why the hell would I pay for such an expensive game? 

A $50 ticket should have 85% return rate MINIMUM, if not 90%.

Hopefully they learned their lesson.