Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NJ Raffle-What happens if?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 8 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #65306
September 23, 2008
10 Posts
Posted: January 21, 2009, 1:47 am - IP Logged

I bought a NJ raffle ticket back in December and decided to buy another one tonite since there are still tickets available. The drawing is supposed to be Jan.21st. My ticket is in the 344thousands.They were supposed to sell 500,000 tickets. Since it doesnt appear that they will sell the other 156,000  by Wednesday night, now what happens? Will they still have the drawing? Will they recall or postpone it until all the tickets sell out? If they still have it Wednesday night, how will they do the drawing? Take out the numbers that werent sold so that they can't come out and a ticket # that an actual person has will win the prize? That would be great because that would make the odds better for me and the other Jersey-ites on here who got tickets! :)

New Jersey
    United States
    Member #69677
    January 14, 2009
    18 Posts
    Posted: January 21, 2009, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

“JERSEY JACKPOT RAFFLE” tickets will be issued sequentially by the gaming vendor's central wagering system. The first number issued will be “000001” with the final number, “500000”. Should all the available tickets not be sold by the designated drawing pool close date and time, the top range for winning raffle selections will be determined by the last raffle number sequentially sold by the gaming vendor's central wagering system.

United States
      Member #58528
      February 18, 2008
      710 Posts
      Posted: January 21, 2009, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I bought a NJ raffle ticket back in December and decided to buy another one tonite since there are still tickets available. The drawing is supposed to be Jan.21st. My ticket is in the 344thousands.They were supposed to sell 500,000 tickets. Since it doesnt appear that they will sell the other 156,000  by Wednesday night, now what happens? Will they still have the drawing? Will they recall or postpone it until all the tickets sell out? If they still have it Wednesday night, how will they do the drawing? Take out the numbers that werent sold so that they can't come out and a ticket # that an actual person has will win the prize? That would be great because that would make the odds better for me and the other Jersey-ites on here who got tickets! :)

If they sold enough tickets to pay out all of the prizes,they will probably hold the drawing as schedualed.If they haven't sold enough tickets to pay out all of the prizes,they probably have an option to hold the drawing at a later date.

Missouri held their Raffle drawing yesterday even though they didn't sell all of the tickets.I'm guessing that they sold enough tickets to pay out all of the prizes,though.The same thing happened in Iowa last year.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23277 Posts
        Posted: January 21, 2009, 8:25 pm - IP Logged