Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Super 7

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 8 years ago by starchild_45.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
kent, washington
United States
Member #3509
January 26, 2004
465 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2009, 12:28 am - IP Logged

so what province won the last super 7 jackpot? it would be nice to know if someone one in BC sometime. i know i can go to the web site but this is my favorite lotto site. so come on our canadian friends and let us know what province win the jackpots?

thanks

Canada
    Member #68663
    December 27, 2008
    260 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2009, 12:43 am - IP Logged

The last jackpot was won in Alberta.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23259 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2009, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

kent, washington
        United States
        Member #3509
        January 26, 2004
        465 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2009, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

The last jackpot was won in Alberta.

i know i can find out the numbers here and other web sites for the super7 and 6/49. is there a page i can go to that will tell you where the winning province was?

Toronto, Ontario
          Canada
          Member #66823
          November 7, 2008
          28 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2009, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Am I the only one who thinks Super 7 is a guaranteed way to lose money?

- 2 of the 3 plays on a ticket are generated by the machine,  so you can actually control only 33% of the combinations that you play.  Do you think those combinations generated by the machine are really random?

- the odds of winning the jackpot are low like hell: 1 in 21 million !!! (20,963,833)

I don't like it Rant

kent, washington
            United States
            Member #3509
            January 26, 2004
            465 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2009, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Am I the only one who thinks Super 7 is a guaranteed way to lose money?

- 2 of the 3 plays on a ticket are generated by the machine,  so you can actually control only 33% of the combinations that you play.  Do you think those combinations generated by the machine are really random?

- the odds of winning the jackpot are low like hell: 1 in 21 million !!! (20,963,833)

I don't like it Rant

all the big lottos odds are really low from powerball to megamillions to the canada 6/49. if you get past the low odds you can have a little fun. the key word is a little fun. i have hit several times on the super 7 and one time for over a hundred dollars cdn.

i personally like the way the advance feature is set up for the game. i can't speak for ontairio but BC is lotto subscriber friendly vs ontairio. being that it drawn only once a week i can purchase a ticket for a long time and be playing ever week. when i win the good people of the province of BC send me a check when my winnings are over 20 dollars.

so the low odds are ok.

6/49 is 48 million. you know if i won i would probably have to move to canada. lol.

Toronto, Ontario
              Canada
              Member #66823
              November 7, 2008
              28 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2009, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I'm OK with 6/49 odds because it's only 1 in 14 million or even less sometimes Wink . But that means Super7 is 50% less likely to be won than a 6/49 game! So if someone can choose between them, why would they choose what's harder to get and more expensive? No Nod Maybe it's fun, as you said. At least if they let you pick all the combinations that you pay for, instead of generating their "random" ones.

Yes I heard that in BC you can play online;  I think in Ontario you can play online only for Canada Lotto 6/49. As for that feature for playing the same numbers every draw, that's useless for serious players - they don't play the same numbers for different draws No Nod.

Why do you have to move to Canada if you win this 48 million? You can move anywhere you want, you can even buy a small country with that money

Party

kent, washington
                United States
                Member #3509
                January 26, 2004
                465 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2009, 5:27 am - IP Logged

I'm OK with 6/49 odds because it's only 1 in 14 million or even less sometimes Wink . But that means Super7 is 50% less likely to be won than a 6/49 game! So if someone can choose between them, why would they choose what's harder to get and more expensive? No Nod Maybe it's fun, as you said. At least if they let you pick all the combinations that you pay for, instead of generating their "random" ones.

Yes I heard that in BC you can play online;  I think in Ontario you can play online only for Canada Lotto 6/49. As for that feature for playing the same numbers every draw, that's useless for serious players - they don't play the same numbers for different draws No Nod.

Why do you have to move to Canada if you win this 48 million? You can move anywhere you want, you can even buy a small country with that money

Party

i like your answers and your statements

I'm OK with 6/49 odds because it's only 1 in 14 million or even less sometimes Wink . But that means Super7 is 50% less likely to be won than a 6/49 game! So if someone can choose between them, why would they choose what's harder to get and more expensive? No Nod  -----  honestly i don't know where you are getting your statistics. i will have to agree with them because i can't dispute them. i live in a megamillion state and they are always talking about you could hit by lighting 7 times before you can win the pot. Megamillions is up to 145 million because no one won tonight. i bet you the odds of winning it are much lower than the super 7. still millions play because they want the money. which is the main reason i like playing super 7.

the odds for winning super 7 are not a deterrent to me to play. if that was the case i wouldn't play my home grown lotto. i can just walk down to the store instead of driving for 2 hours.

Maybe it's fun, as you said. At least if they let you pick all the combinations that you pay for, instead of generating their "random" ones.   ----  now if my memory holds true if i chose to i could pick all 3 panels myself. i have just as much luck picking my own numbers as the random choices. i actually pick the first panel and let the computer pick the other two. i play megamillion and powerball by random picks here in the states. i do have a blog you can read about some of my expoits that i do here on lottery post.

As for that feature for playing the same numbers every draw, that's useless for serious players - they don't play the same numbers for different draws No Nod.   ---- can you imagine the cost it would be for me to go to canada for every lotto drawing? can you imagine what the border guards would be asking me every time. lol. I must not be a serious player in your eyes then. i like the multidraw feature of any lottery system. it gives me the ability to play the game and not actually be there. my ticket for the super 7 takes me to july of this year. i don't know about you but i like the thought of one chance per week at millions. i am headed to florida and i can get a ticket good for 6 months.

why not move to canada? lol

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                  Dallas, TX
                  United States
                  Member #60284
                  April 12, 2008
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: February 21, 2009, 5:32 am - IP Logged

I like the sound of the game "SUPER 7"! Catchy.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                    Nova Scotia
                    Canada
                    Member #9934
                    December 27, 2004
                    884 Posts
                    Posted: February 21, 2009, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

I won a free play on super 7 on one ticket last night, and on the other ticket I won $10.00 so I bought some 649 tickets for tonight's jackpot.. Don't know if I'll win but I took a chance..

HyperI'll be doing this if I win..

Toronto, Ontario
                      Canada
                      Member #66823
                      November 7, 2008
                      28 Posts
                      Posted: February 21, 2009, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

starchild_45 wrote:

-----  honestly i don't know where you are getting your statistics. i will have to agree with them because i can't dispute them

You can see the odds of winning Super 7 or 6/49 on the BC lottery site, or on the Ontario lottery site. I can also do the math here if anyone is interested.

The results are the same: about 21 million combinations of Super 7, versus 14 million combinations of 6/49. Therefore Super 7 has 50% more combinations than 6/49.

----  now if my memory holds true if i chose to i could pick all 3panels myself.

Wow! You're right about the 3 panels for BC Super7 tickets - I saw now on their site, and I didn't know that it's different from Ontario. Here the Ontario lottery company is forcing Super7 players to accept 2 computer generated combinations along with 1 combination of their choice. That's not fair! Let It All OutBut that means in the particular case of BC I was actually wrong, and it might be more advantageous to play Super7 there than to play Canada 6/49 . Wow!

----- i have just as much luck picking my own numbers as therandom choices.

I disagree with that but I can't prove I'm 100% right for every draw Cool

----- why not move to canada? lol

No, you said you'd have to move if you won 48 million. So why have to?

kent, washington
                        United States
                        Member #3509
                        January 26, 2004
                        465 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2009, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

I won a free play on super 7 on one ticket last night, and on the other ticket I won $10.00 so I bought some 649 tickets for tonight's jackpot.. Don't know if I'll win but I took a chance..

HyperI'll be doing this if I win..

well i hope you win and  you do your fancy dance. lol.

the most i won on super 7 was 164 dollars.

kent, washington
                          United States
                          Member #3509
                          January 26, 2004
                          465 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2009, 7:13 am - IP Logged

starchild_45 wrote:

-----  honestly i don't know where you are getting your statistics. i will have to agree with them because i can't dispute them

You can see the odds of winning Super 7 or 6/49 on the BC lottery site, or on the Ontario lottery site. I can also do the math here if anyone is interested.

The results are the same: about 21 million combinations of Super 7, versus 14 million combinations of 6/49. Therefore Super 7 has 50% more combinations than 6/49.

----  now if my memory holds true if i chose to i could pick all 3panels myself.

Wow! You're right about the 3 panels for BC Super7 tickets - I saw now on their site, and I didn't know that it's different from Ontario. Here the Ontario lottery company is forcing Super7 players to accept 2 computer generated combinations along with 1 combination of their choice. That's not fair! Let It All OutBut that means in the particular case of BC I was actually wrong, and it might be more advantageous to play Super7 there than to play Canada 6/49 . Wow!

----- i have just as much luck picking my own numbers as therandom choices.

I disagree with that but I can't prove I'm 100% right for every draw Cool

----- why not move to canada? lol

No, you said you'd have to move if you won 48 million. So why have to?

The results are the same: about 21 million combinations of Super 7, versus 14 million combinations of 6/49. Therefore Super 7 has 50% more combinations than 6/49.  ----  ok you got me on this one. still i can dream about winning the super 7. i am still dreaming about powerball being powerball being 150 million US. i bet you the odds are a lot worse on powerball.

if it all came down to just looking at the odds while playing a game i would do like most players here and play the pick 3 numbers. the odds are real good for winning those games. people spend hours on wheels and other means of determining a winner. me i like the long odds so i don't over spend on lesser odds. meaning spending my money on a pick 3 day or night game. i have stood behind people who will play lots of those numbers. especially in new york and maryland. i don't know what the deal is in ontairio or BC for pick 3 games. i just don't do them. i stood behind a guy in DC once who collected $1600 dollars on their pick 4 game. he played the same number 3 times in one day and hit with each ticket. my luck would be to lose all three tickets. so sue me because i am use to losing on the 1 in 21 million odds of winning the super 7. i hope i am not being mean here. i hate being mean and if this comes across that way let me apologize. just speaking my mind. i still like your comments and questions.

Wow! You're right about the 3 panels for BC Super7 tickets - I saw now on their site, and I didn't know that it's different from Ontario. Here the Ontario lottery company is forcing Super7 players to accept 2 computer ----  wow my 2 brain cells were working properly. Thud

No, you said you'd have to move if you won 48 million. So why have to?  --  no you are right i wouldn't have to move. i could buy that island you were talking about too. i had a conversation here some time back about being a US citizen and winning in canada. Canada gives all the money now with no taxes taken out right away unlike in the US where they get their money first. i was wondering if i could keep my winnings in canada and not claim it here in the US. well i think a person or two who know a lot more about the tax laws in both countries than i do said no can do. i would still have to claim it in the states.

my joke (and a poor one at that) was to just move to canada and not pay the US anything. then it gets all messed up in citizenship applications in canada and taxes in canada. i think you get hit for taxes in canada the next year. i don't know but maybe a big winner in canada can educate us. so would i have to move? no. would i want to move. not really. i love visiting canada but i don't think i can live there. i can't say a bad word (well maybe a few Wink) about canada.

i see someone won the canada 6/49!! anyone know what province won? Please tell me it was BC and in Surrey. please please please.

Ok lie to me and say yes it was won in surrey by me. lol.

Toronto, Ontario
                            Canada
                            Member #66823
                            November 7, 2008
                            28 Posts
                            Posted: February 23, 2009, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

No, there were 4 winners: 1 from Quebec and 3 from Ontario, so each of them got about 12.5 million CAD. Not bad eh? Crazy

Don't worry about your comments, I didn't see anything wrong with them and I'm OK with a bit of irony as it may spice up the discussion Type

kent, washington
                              United States
                              Member #3509
                              January 26, 2004
                              465 Posts
                              Posted: February 23, 2009, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

No, there were 4 winners: 1 from Quebec and 3 from Ontario, so each of them got about 12.5 million CAD. Not bad eh? Crazy

Don't worry about your comments, I didn't see anything wrong with them and I'm OK with a bit of irony as it may spice up the discussion Type

thanks about the comments. i get too intense at times.

plus you were supposed to lie to me about winning. lol. just as in the states most of the winners of the big lotteries are are from the middle to the eastern part of the country.

i am heading down to oregon to pick me up a ticket for the powerball at 150 million. do you ever cross into Michigan or new york to get a megamillion ticket? you know we don't care if you are canadian because we will pay you too and send you back to canada with a REAL BIG SMILE ON YOUR FACE!!! tomorrow megamillion is 145 million. might be worth the hassle at the border. Wink you could play multiple plays (oh no i forgot you are a serious player).

decades back there was a illegal mexican won the california lottery. after the lawyers got involved and public opinion. california gave him the 26 million jackpot and deported him being an illegal alien. i don't think he has ever come back to the states after that win. Partyanyway that is all i heard of about that story.