Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 2:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I could have won the hoosier lottery $5.5 million

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 8 years ago by tnlottodreamer.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #59720
March 25, 2008
52 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2009, 8:31 am - IP Logged

If only I had played my powerball numbers for hoosier lottery.

I did get a quick pick with 4 out of 6 and won $27 and also won 2 free tickets. This is very upsetting and almost makes me want to cry!

New Jersey
    United States
    Member #69677
    January 14, 2009
    18 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2009, 10:11 am - IP Logged

No sense in crying over it, it won't bring you the money. It wasn't meant to be at this time.

Back around 1987 it was 2 days until a bi-weekly payday and I had the choice of buying my newborns needs and had just enough to get my wife a pack of smokes or play my Pick 6 that I always played 04-06-13-15-38-39 I bought her the smokes and all six of my numbers came out that night.

By the way, I did lock myself in the bathroom for about 4 hours and cried. lol

We're no longer married but she still smokes.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      Gurnee, Illinois
      United States
      Member #49731
      February 12, 2007
      917 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2009, 10:20 am - IP Logged

No sense in crying over it, it won't bring you the money. It wasn't meant to be at this time.

Back around 1987 it was 2 days until a bi-weekly payday and I had the choice of buying my newborns needs and had just enough to get my wife a pack of smokes or play my Pick 6 that I always played 04-06-13-15-38-39 I bought her the smokes and all six of my numbers came out that night.

That sucks.  I think I would have been selfish and put in my numbers instead of buying her some smokes (although I personally would not buy anything like that, let's just say it was gum or something like that...I still would have put in my numbers because you can't win if you don't play; she could get some smokes any other day, especially after you hit).  I speak from the experience of a married man whose wife doesn't believe in playing the lottery...the one time right after she found out I played the lottery and we had an argument/discussion about it and I decided to honor her stance and not play the numbers I had written out to play for the draw that night...yes, they hit but I didn't have a ticket so the jackpot rolled over.  Like you, I was pissed off for days and I even gave her a guilt trip about by letting her know what she had cause US to miss out on.  So now, her stance hasn't changed, but what has changed is that I now choose to respectfully disagree with that stance and continue playing.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
        Hard Luck, Ak
        United States
        Member #23472
        October 13, 2005
        275 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2009, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

That sucks.  I think I would have been selfish and put in my numbers instead of buying her some smokes (although I personally would not buy anything like that, let's just say it was gum or something like that...I still would have put in my numbers because you can't win if you don't play; she could get some smokes any other day, especially after you hit).  I speak from the experience of a married man whose wife doesn't believe in playing the lottery...the one time right after she found out I played the lottery and we had an argument/discussion about it and I decided to honor her stance and not play the numbers I had written out to play for the draw that night...yes, they hit but I didn't have a ticket so the jackpot rolled over.  Like you, I was pissed off for days and I even gave her a guilt trip about by letting her know what she had cause US to miss out on.  So now, her stance hasn't changed, but what has changed is that I now choose to respectfully disagree with that stance and continue playing.

OldSkool- I think that its better to never win at all then to have you numbers come up and not have a ticket for that drawing. When a person numbers hit and you don't have a ticket for that drawing, would you continue to play those same numbers? What are the chances of those numbers ever hitting again?  If it happened to me I think they would have to be admitted me for psycological help.

Bang Head

Michigan
          United States
          Member #59293
          March 12, 2008
          121 Posts
          Posted: January 23, 2009, 1:48 am - IP Logged

ouch i am sorry to hear that wow that would hurt like hell. just curious how much the jackpot was?

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3475 Posts
            Posted: January 23, 2009, 2:48 am - IP Logged

"What are the chances of those numbers ever hitting again?"

Exactly the same as they would be if they hadn't come up. What if you were actually destined to win, and blew it by changing your numbers because they came up when you didn't play?

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: January 23, 2009, 2:51 am - IP Logged

"What are the chances of those numbers ever hitting again?"

Exactly the same as they would be if they hadn't come up. What if you were actually destined to win, and blew it by changing your numbers because they came up when you didn't play?

Yeah, but I know that (knowing my luck) if I played my usual numbers, then a different set would have been pulled in the drawing.

That's how it goes here.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: January 23, 2009, 2:52 am - IP Logged

ouch i am sorry to hear that wow that would hurt like hell. just curious how much the jackpot was?

um.... look at the title of this thread...

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
                  california
                  United States
                  Member #23475
                  October 13, 2005
                  659 Posts
                  Posted: January 23, 2009, 3:04 am - IP Logged

I coulda woulda shoulda so many times!!! The worse was in 1995, my share would've been 18 million!!!! A small wheel of my numbers would have hit it!! The most recent was just a few days ago. .I had the feeling I should play but ignored it.. a small wheel of my numbers, red, blue and green numbers would've hit Fantasy 5 for $168,000.

I think the trick is . . don't give up and don't  beat yourself up.  What it means is that-------> you can win!!! Must stay positive and open and listening to your intuition-----Forgive yourself and go on.

Also, write down in a journal everything that happened and try to learn from it. Did you have a feeling you should have played such 'n such, a dream, ? etc.

Learn to "read your own mind".

Where ever you got those numbers from that won, even tho you were not paying attention at the time, there's plenty more numbers where those came from!!! SEE?

Good Luck and God Bless,

TA

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: January 23, 2009, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

there is sense in crying, such a thing will really hurt, i will not wish it on nobody....That's as hard as losing a family member [at least to me]...

sorry to hear that....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

paurths's avatar - underground
                      Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                      Belgium
                      Member #19287
                      July 29, 2005
                      2254 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2009, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I don't mean to be the one stirring things up, but one can have a set of numbers for powerball, and then watch all the draws all over the world and go like "if only i would have played my powerball numbers in the Argentina lottery or the CA lottery, or the ...".

Or any other lottery.

If you look at the results like that you will get upset a pretty bunch of times.

Lots of people do the same in the pick3 & pick4 games, "my number (e.g. 012 for AZ) hit in Tri State eve, if only i would have played my number there"...

Don't look at it that way, you'll get dissapointed to often...

cheers
                      Ricky

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

tnlottodreamer's avatar - animal bear.jpg
                        The Great Smoky Mountains
                        United States
                        Member #59921
                        March 31, 2008
                        266 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2009, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

If you would have played then those numbers probley wouldnt come up thats always my luck when i dont buy tickets my numbers hit and when i do i wasted my money but its only money right.

I know it sucks but keep your head held high your turn is comming soon.

I Agree!*** You Can't Win, If You Don't Enter***